It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Stanislaus Co. sheriff's deputy, civilian killed in Modesto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Stanislaus Co. sheriff's deputy, civilian killed in Modesto

MODESTO, CA - Sheriff Adam Christianson confirmed a Stanislaus County sheriff's deputy and a civilian were shot and killed on the 2100 block of Chrysler Drive in Modesto Thursday morning.

According to Christianson, the deputy and his partner were serving an eviction notice when the individual opened fire, killing the deputy. Residents in the surrounding area of Chrysler Dr. and Prescott Road were evacuated as a precautionary measure, said Christianson.

The suspected shooter barricaded himself inside the apartment and was surrounded by multiple agencies cooperating in the apprehension effort, Christianson said.

Members of the bomb squad were also deployed to the scene out of what Christianson termed "an abundance of caution".

The identities of the killed deputy and civilian were withheld pending notification of family. The suspected shooter's identity was not released.

Live Coverage via News 10

The news crew and the police know who this man is, he was being served an eviction notice but they will not release his identity as of yet. It is speculated that he has military experience.

So the question is? Was he set up? Was this supposed to happen? Is this just another event used to demonize military servicemen?

I'm sure we will know more as this plays out. Hopefully, it ends without anymore lives being lost.

edit on 12-4-2012 by ltdan08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The above link has crappy video.

Here is a better quality stream: Fox 40 Sacramento

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Serving en eviction notice eh? Well... without knowing more or whether there is a whole long story behind this guys actions...I'll say it sounds like a man pushed just one step too far when they finally came to take his house from him. I can *ALMOST* understand the thinking. It's the killing and dying part where I'm totally lost and left behind......but the desperate emotions and reactions seem common enough these days.

My heart goes out to the families of both victims here. In the end, victims they BOTH were......just different sides of the situation hurting us all.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ltdan08

When people have no money to pay their rent, and get evicted from their homes....some of them don't handle it well.

This person flipped out and killed people. I don't think he was set up in any grand conspiracy.

My heart goes out to the Families of the 2 people, who were killed. They were just doing their job.

Des

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I admit that not everything is a conspiracy, I just like to run news through my "Conspiracy?" filter in my brain. But there are some strange details to this story that make me wonder. Apparently, he was prepared for this; he may have bombs, surveillance equipment, and maybe even a gas mask to withstand the tear gas attacks from the police.

The fact that he's was in the military makes me nervous and reminds me of this story: Arizona SWAT Team Defends Shooting Iraq Vet 60 Times

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ltdan08

I admit that not everything is a conspiracy, I just like to run news through my "Conspiracy?" filter in my brain. But there are some strange details to this story that make me wonder. Apparently, he was prepared for this; he may have bombs, surveillance equipment, and maybe even a gas mask to withstand the tear gas attacks from the police.

The fact that he's was in the military makes me nervous and reminds me of this story: Arizona SWAT Team Defends Shooting Iraq Vet 60 Times

Stanislaus Co is a rural kinda no big deal area.....foothills of the Sierras. A laid back community. Also a place where there are not many jobs. Sounds like he just ran out of sanity, and money at the same time.

Des

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I see your point. But, as a former member of the military, I see my fellow members being demonized for their skills and usual distrust of the government.

The facts just don't seem to add up. He seems to have some expensive military equipment, like body armor, weapons, and possibly a gas mask. Sounds like he may be a "crazy conspiracy theorist". I'm sure he's got a bug out bag as well.

I hope this is just a case of one man losing it. I hope it's not a grand conspiracy, but it's too early and there are too few details to make a judgment now. I'm just trying to get it out there.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
So I just heard that his name might be James. And James may be online, right now, bragging about his accomplishments so far on social media sites! One of the reporters said, "That's ice cold" and I agree. This guy is sick and now I don't think I will feel bad if this guy doesn't make it through this standoff.

I just hope that he doesn't hurt any more people.

Also, one of the anchors on Fox 40 may have just made a slip up when she said: "police were serving an arrest warrant...I mean eviction notice."

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
been following this for the past hour, its horrible, also he was posting on 4/chan while this is going on and was reading his posts this dude is seriously messed up, They just deleted his 4/chan though, its messed up. God Bless the deputy and all who are affected by this.
edit on 12-4-2012 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ltdan08

Whose been demonizing the heroic Military?

I know they're not my favorite right now. To much proof ... Actual proof that these wars were started illegally...Iraq for sure. Why would you kill innocent people on a lie?

I also don't like the constant .... Constant reports on Military mis-conduct. And... What about all the stories we don't get to hear.

Anyways...

new topics

top topics

join