It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake activity WARNING!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Thanks for starting these threads about increased seismic activity. I had never seen RSOE EDIS, and found it interesting enough to send the link to a few like-minded friends, and keep it on bookmarks. As far as I can see, this is a site for discussing unusual events/phenomena. You noticed one, and reported it, and seemed to get an awful lot of stick for it. Please don't let it put you off

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Why the hell would I run numbers to verify YOUR figures or data?

You asked me what the data I presented represented. I told you that in my first post.

If you want to compare it to the data you represented, be my guest. Or not.

Considering that the Indonesian earthquake continues to produce aftershocks the number of earthquakes is not at all unusual.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy

Originally posted by Acidtastic

from what I gather, this little list is only for April of both years, comparing them. Interesting, but we have just had 2 massive quakes which have set off a load of other quakes. So I don't think we should be reading too much into it.

Ok, that would make more sense.

Would be nice to see sources though, other than RSOE. So these numbers can be verified.

I don't doubt this is anything to worry about. For all we know, the rest of the months in 2012 will be much more quiet than 2011. There is just no way of knowing.

It's good these recent large eathquakes were not catastrophic.

Here's a post i made on page one, when i made the above post i was busy and couldn't check for myself. I personally thought the OP meant from April 2011 to April 2012 originally until i was corrected. But even still, remembering the amount of quakes last year... especially after the big one in Japan. The numbers the OP stated still seemed out to me.

Here is a list of Worldwide Quakes from USGS from the 1st April 2011 - 30th April 2011, magnitudes 3+ to 7.

USGS

I really can't be bothered to count them beacause i have to go out right now, but as you can clearly see as you scroll down, there are way more than 48.

You can search for yourselves here:

USGS Global Earthquake Search

edit on 13-4-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll

Originally posted by jerseychannelislands
ok so i was checking out these earthquakes when i noticed this.
www.world-earthquakes.com...:01:43%20UTC&desc=Earthquake%20in%20Northern%20Iran%20with%20ML%204.0%20on%20Richte r%20scale&lat=37.16&lon=54.47

northan iran mag 4.0......... you dont think???? na they wouldnt would they?

If they did do it I would expect they wouldn't half ass it like that. A 4.0 isn't going to do very much damage at all. Now if a major earthquake hit Tehran then ATS would freaking explode with threads saying we did it

perfect opportunity for israel to attack while north korea are letting of rockets

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You will have to have at least 10 years or longer to get a good baseline average for a "typical" earthquake year.

2012 might have more in the whole year or it might just have more at the beginning of the year. It is only April so you would need to take the last 10 years or longer from January to April and get a baseline to see if 2012 is shaping up to have more than an average amount of earthquakes.

edit on 13-4-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join