It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich Unloads on FOX News in Private Meeting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

DOVER, Del. -- During a meeting with 18 Delaware Tea Party leaders here on Wednesday, Newt Gingrich lambasted FOX News Channel, accusing the cable network of having been in the tank for Mitt Romney from the beginning of the Republican presidential fight. An employee himself of the news outlet as recently as last year, he also cited former colleagues for attacking him out of what he characterized as personal jealousy.

Not sure whether I am surprised or not. It is a bit surreal hearing him accuse Fox of the same thing so many other folks have suspected. I will give Newt this, he speaks his mind regardless of how it may go over.

“I think FOX has been for Romney all the way through,” Gingrich said during the private meeting -- to which RealClearPolitics was granted access -- at Wesley College. “In our experience, Callista and I both believe CNN is less biased than FOX this year. We are more likely to get neutral coverage out of CNN than we are of FOX, and we’re more likely to get distortion out of FOX. That’s just a fact.”

Wow, he really has severed his ties to Fox, and to prose CNN?! Do you suppose CNN may be considering offering him a job or something?

“They know I don’t care about their opinions,” he said. “I don’t go to their cocktail parties. I don’t go to their Christmas parties. The only press events I go to are interesting dinners when the wife insists on it, so we’re going to go to the White House Correspondents' dinner because she wants to. And we’re actually going to go to CNN’s table, not FOX.”

He sounds like such a drab and I can't imagine living with the guy. I will be curious as to how Fox pundits will respond.
source

spec

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

So he spoke the truth.
One thing is for certain, though....all of the MSM is against Ron Paul.
Too bad he didn't mention that.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
He wasnt complaining when Fox helped him to his surprise rise in the polls.

I watch Fox alot. They have been more than fair in relation to Gingrich.

He just wants someone to blame for wasting the massive donations that he fooled idiots into giving tohim.

Gingrich was never going to win. He should be thanking Fox for helping him out early on.

They didnt shut up about many of his debate performances,especially the one where he gave it to Juan Williams.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

True, and yea I wonder how he would respond about Paul's shunning by the media, especially now that he is out of the race. Maybe he is trying to defend is losing on someone else. The coverage Fox gave Romney could be considered top heavy, but then again, it seems overall, Romney has maintained enough consistency to be the main player. I am still disenchanted that such an empty shell of a candidate(imo) is leading the way to the elections.

edit on 12-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

He just wants someone to blame for wasting the massive donations that he fooled idiots into giving tohim.

I had not considered that factor, but yea he is bitter. The truth is still truth I suppose, even if it includes biting a hand that once fed ya.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It's interesting also that he owes 4 million to small business across the nation when he was on the campaign trail....he's just as dirty as Fox and he's pissed that they played him just as dirty. Birds of a feather... You lay down w/ dogs...expect fleas! So he's crying because he can't take his own bull#!

All these candidates are corrupt.... Edwards paying people to get rid of a pregnant mistress...( old candidate / old news but he's just as shady and crooked!) Romney is sooooo out of touch w/ grass root folks. He's more concerned about his expensive horses.... Ect... Obama and all his friends are from corrupt wall street / oil / big pharm/ big business... They are ALL crooked working for the same evil entity that is sick of us little folk taking earths natural resources.

Newt... Gag!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

No disagreement there trace, business as usual I suppose.
2nd

new topics

top topics

join