It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Stay-At-Home Moms Are Worth More than $100K a Year

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by neo96
As the evil conservative in the thread i do not want Government to do jack squat for me

as in leave me the hell alone and do not tell me what i can or can't do what kind of lightbulb i can use or what i can whipe my butt with or even where i can go.

OR give me crap about if i wanted to stay at home and raise my kids or my wife.

Liberals do that stupidity the largest expansion of Goverment has been by their hands.

But if you are going to live next to me in this country...then I do want them to tell you certain things you can or can't do.

Like it or not, most people are stupid...and they need to be told what they can or can't do. I'm a firm believer in this...and my experience confirms the fact that most people are stupid...even if they don't think so themselves.

I don't want to live in your country where everyone can do whatever they want...no thanks.

Yeah when you point out where the liberal was in that post.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

the republicans and democrats are two links in the same fence!!

the democrats will always support taking money from the common folk so those poor people can give it to the businesses who thus can charge more and more...
the republicans are there to make sure that all the needy won't be taken care of and give more of the tax revenues to the businesses, allow them to ship jobs overseas, bless them with wars, blast the minimum wage rules, ect. ....money which the common folk will end up paying more and more of, since those darling businesses need their tax breaks, tax credits, coercion to buy their products, ect....

the republicans create the need, the dems will then come up with a way to take the money from you and me so the need is filled. they work in unison, and the end result is that the corporate business world is endowed with more and more of the wealth of the country!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I'm sorry to say this...but if you vote Republican...you only have yourself to blame for your situation.

The problem goes much deeper then choosing sides, dawnstars post puts the situation into beautiful perspective.

She should start a topic.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Dawn this post of yours deserves a topic of its own, you should start one, I have a lot I would love to say about this situation, I live in a big medical town, and what is happening is a crime.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

She said it in reply to Mrs Romney telling her husband what women she meets on the road said to her, about their economic concerns...it had nothing to do with working mothers or stay at home moms...but about the general worries of women and money problems.

That Hillary shrew said Romney couldn't possibly understand women's money worries because "she never worked a day in her life"

She didn't start off rich and she is not a stupid woman so why couldn't she relay to her husband what other women had mentioned to her? None of it has anything to do with the other....

More lies from left about how she is her husband's economic advisor...it's such a stunt.

Hillary stuck her foot in her mouth when she took Romney's words out of context and insulted all stay at home moms.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Rosen, also a CNN political contributor and a working mother, made her comments on CNN's "AC360." "What you have is Mitt Romney running around the country, saying, 'Well, you know, my wife tells me that what women really care about are economic issues, and when I listen to my wife, that's what I'm hearing.' Guess what? His wife has actually never worked a day in her life," Rosen said. "She's never really dealt with the kinds of economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing, in terms of how do we feed our kids, how do we send them to school, and why do we worry about their future," Rosen continued, adding that Romney "just seems so old fashioned when it comes to women."

It is ignorant to think a mom is less intelligent because her work doesn't bring home a paycheck....talk about bigoted backward thinking....this is what militant feminism has done to this country.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Romney's comment that started all this.

"She reports to me regularly that the issue women care about most is the economy, and getting good jobs for their kids and for themselves," Romney told the Newspaper Association of America on Wednesday. "They are concerned about gasoline prices, the cost of getting to and from work, taking their kids to school or to practice and so forth after school. That is what women care about in this country, and my vision is to get America working again." Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

“I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work.”

Yeah its hard to sit on your ass eating ice cream all day, screaming at the kids telling them to go to their room, clean the house for you or go outside and play.

Hmm. Let's see. I'm a stay at home mom who is also in college.

I am a wife, mother, teacher, cook, clean house, wash clothes, accountant, hunt food, take care of the outside chores, shop for staples, computer tech, repair household issues, maintain my car, wipe away tears, fix wounds, nurse kids back to health...... taxi service.

WHEN DO I HAVE TIME TO SIT ON MY BEHIND? PLEASE tell me so i can find a way to fit that into my daily schedule. Although I cannot stand Romney or his wife, raising children IS hard work and that is not ALL that I do. Thank you very much.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
NOW president: Ann Romney lacks “life experience” and “imagination” to relate to most Americans

hotair.com...

Well, personally I think all of Washington is out of touch with the American people.

Things sure have changed. I remember when my mother went to work in a factory in the 70's and took a lot of heat for leaving us kids at home, because.... mom's should be at home. Now, if a woman chooses to stay at home with the kids, well then..... she's just a nobody who is "fat, lazy, eats ice cream all day" and has zero intelligence.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Throw some salary numbers at me and i'll give it a shot. My wife doesn't work because I make $70,000 a year (she ain't gonna work when she can spend my money). We got an EIC of $5000 this year.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by GhostLancer

She meant that Mrs. Romney did not work a day in her life IN THE BUSINESS/OFFICE/WORKING ENVIRONMENT a.k.a. an "official" JOB where she worked for a paycheck at a business.

Actually she has worked outside the home, I read yesterday.

Sort of. If you read the entire context of her "work" outside of home, it is being a part of her husband's campaign. The assertion still stands that she has never had to "clock-in" or report to a "boss." If you really truly count her VOLUNTEERING for a paycheck on her husband's political campaign as a **job,** then there is very little anyone else can say to you to open your eyes to the reality of the matter, which is (again) that she and her family are extremely wealthy and have little idea what working class Americans are going through.

For goodness sakes, they are having a CAR ELEVATOR installed. How many people do you know who have CAR ELEVATORS? There is nothing wrong with having a car elevator. If you have the money, then go get one. But, for the people who have such lavish (and outrageous?) luxuries to *pretend* to have an understanding of what the middle/lower classes are going through after an economic collapse (2008) is absolutely ridiculous. These people have NEVER had to worry (ever) about paying bills, healthcare or putting food on the table for their children. He makes wagers of $10,000 value. He says CORPORATIONS ARE PEOPLE. He has a CAR ELEVATOR being installed (or recently installed). C'mon... This is a modern American ARISTOCRAT vying for our country's highest office so that he can further the ends of the **WEALTHY ELITE** --of which he and his family are members.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

“I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work.”

Yeah its hard to sit on your ass eating ice cream all day, screaming at the kids telling them to go to their room, clean the house for you or go outside and play.

"Let me tell you what that was about. We the Rockefellers funded that. We funded women's lib. We are the ones who got all of the TV and newspapers, the Rockefeller Foundation. Do you want to know why? There are two primary reasons. One reason was: We couldn't tax half the population before women's lib. The second reason was: Now we get the kids in school at an early age. We can indoctrinate the kids how to think. Plus it breaks up their family. Kids now look at the state as the family, at the school as the officials, as their family, not at the parents teaching them." -- Nick Rockefeller (as quoted by Aaron Russo)

edit on 14-4-2012 by Wotaneyed because: Fix error and force of habit

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotaneyed

Thank you for that quote.... this is what I have been saying...

it's all in the plan.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
My hat goes off to all the working mothers be it part time or full time...and even more so if she is a full time custodial single parent. Employed single mothers are by far the most admired above and beyond stay at home mothers or employed mothers with husbands.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by beezzer

Noone is blasting Octamom with her welfare checks and 8 kids she working?

The hypocrisy is thick.

The IQ is low

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Originally posted by HandyDandy

Originally posted by Germanicus
Only an Oprah fan would believe that a stay at home mother is worth 100k a year.

Its not that hard.

Even less so for wealthy people like the Romney woman.

I wonder how many nannies where employed to help this poor, poor housewife?

Also, once your kids are past the age of 4 or 5, you rarely see them during the day anyway.

Are the stay at home welfare moms worth 100k a year too?

My thoughts exactly!

Over $100,000 a yeaR! wtf, you have got to be kidding me...

Hmmm lets see, 52 weeks a year, working full time, at 40 hours a week, is 2080 hours a year, take $100,000 and divide that by 2,080 and you get $48.08 an hour.

Nope, sorry, no stay at home mom is worth $48.08 an hour.

Even the basis for this argument is subjective as hell. Come on people... how can we even pretend to put a worth(in regards to money) to the role of being a mother. There's no college necessary, there's no special skills that haven't already been engrained into our society that any other person is more privy to. The entire notion that it's possible to equate a job title such as 'Stay at home mom' with a salary is disgusting.

BTW, there's absolutely no way that Romneys wife didn't have help, just like most mothers. After the ages of 4-5, other than keeping them on the right path as far as learning, behavioral patterns, and making a lunch... there is not much more to it.

I am by no means taking away from stay at home moms, I'm sure, just like any job... it can be demanding, bring hardships, be difficult at times... but CMON PEOPLE, putting a value of $100,000 a year is ludicrous. The only possible way to even come close to defending the idea is to take in account for inflation.

Lets see a double cheese burger at McD's was once $1(3 years ago), and is now $1.48.... so if the salary for a stay at home mom is now $100,000.. 3 years ago it was... what? roughly $65,000 a year... nope still not worth it.

Did you read the article? I'm guessing no. It takes overtime into account. Also, it's not saying that moms should be paid this much. It's just to show people that they are worth something and deserve respect. If a single father needed to pay for a nanny, a live in cook, a live in house keeper, a beer-go-getter, a secretary, etc., he would be paying around 100K a year.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by xuenchen

It just can't get any dumber than this. God our leadership is embarrassing

That statement is probably the most apt description i've heard in some time. Not only embarrasing, but atrociously so.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by David9176

Wrong.

It's about entitlements and taking what isn't earned.

This "stay-at-home" issue is a thinly diguised attempt at vilifying people who have worked hard and have been successful.

This "issue" is a non issue... this is a fake controversy beeper.

The point is Romney's wife is an elite and she is undoubtably out
of touch with the goings on with average people financial situations.
The point is beeper, this country call suffer very badly and Romney will
never know it because he has never experienced want or scarcity.
His wife might be nice, but she is probably out of step with the
vast majority of Americans. IF that is fine with you, so be it, but
it is a point to consider when you are asking a man who makes $58,000
a day, to run a country of people who feel an economic crunch.
I suspect Romney's policies well help his country club buddies,
not me...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

A classic example of how the Progressives think. It does not get any better than this

Let the State raise your kids and what do you get? Prisons full of their children and schools indoctrinating children instead of teaching them how to think for themselves.

You are aware that Rosen apologized her statement was so wrong?

Intelligent people emulate the successful because they wish to succeed themselves. The First Lady is a stay at home mom in fact, with her children in private schools and surrounded by servants. Oh the shame of it all.
She should be out waiting on tables at a local Denny's instead of "sitting on her ass eating ice cream all day", eh?

She really doesn't like Moms who stay at home. Hilary Rosen is our new poster child.

The new Romney bumber stickers should sell very well.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

You called me beeper.

The rest of your post?

But
on the beeper thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join