It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Stay-At-Home Moms Are Worth More than $100K a Year

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, what would happen if all "married" women suddenly stayed at home and only let the husbands work?

How would that effect the economy? All I know is, there would be more jobs for the rest of us lol.

P.S I'm not suggesting that women shouldn't work! Just curious how it would turn out.
edit on 13-4-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

This is about pointing out that the Romney's are out of touch and can't relate to the general American public.

I don't care if Mitt never had the same worries about bills that I had.
I don't care if he never "relates" to me.

I don't want a president who spends time sympathising with my issues.

That's not his job. That shouldn't be governments job.

Defend the country.
Deliver the mail.
Make sure roads are built.

But to hold my hand and tell me how much he cares?

Give me a friggin' break!

If that is what you truly think...why are you in every thread about idiotic issues like this??? If you didn't care about anything except those three issues...you wouldn't be as active as you are in all the non-important issues and all the misinformation that you help spread here on ATS.

Seems to me that you do care...but keep spinning....it's funny.

You and others need to stop lying to yourselves...it's not healthy.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

According to the latest stastics women's unemployement is lower than mens not to mention there are probably millions of stay at home dads.

Modern technology has made it possible for millions men and women to work from home.
edit on 13-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Just out of curiosity, what would happen if all "married" women suddenly stayed at home and only let the husbands work?

How would that effect the economy? All I know is, there would be more jobs for the rest of us lol.

P.S I'm not suggesting that women shouldn't work! Just curious how it would turn out.
edit on 13-4-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

I am gonna catch heck for this, but maybe men could get jobs.
But the condition with two incomes have made that impossible.
edit on 043030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Oh really?

I felt that I have been consistant with a belief of personal responsibility, smaller government, individuality.

I'm on these theads because SO MANY people are fighting FOR the nanny state.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

when is michelle home??
god, we all kind of wish she was home more often!!
these danged vacations she's taking is adding up to alot of $$$$!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Can I vent for a minute, my husband, 62, a carpenter, hobbles home everyday from work, we pay our taxes but we don't have health care, It does gall me that our tax dollars go to pay for healthcare for able bodied people that don't work,

Why don't they take care of the workers?

I think everything is backwards,

Now don't get me wrong I don't want anyone to suffer, but we are suffering, and who cares, no one.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I like that Ann Romney took personal responsibility to raise her own children instead of letting the nanny state aka Government raise them.

Oh the horror the horror.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

women stop working, less money coming into the household, they end up having to struggle more, spend less, less employees needed?? more families struggle, some lose the battle, more on social programs, more need for taxpayers contributing to the social programs, less employees needed, so less money for social programs, so well.....taxes rise, less spending, and around and around we go!!

drop the social programs, okay!! poor households lose a good portion of their funds, they don't pay the rent, buy the food, let alone those cellphones and such, minimum wage employees become unhappy, become a headache for the bosses because of their demands for raises, less money means less spending, less spending means less jobs, less jobs means more people not spending, and.....

around and around we go!!

there is no way to fix this mess...hit the reset button!!! and this time, confine the danged gov't to the corner!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Can I vent for a minute, my husband, 62, a carpenter, hobbles home everyday from work, we pay our taxes but we don't have health care, It does gall me that our tax dollars go to pay for healthcare for people that don't work,

Now don't get me wrong I don't want anyone to suffer, but we are suffering, and who cares, no one.

Yours is a perfect story for what's gone wrong in America.

We used to care about our neighbors.

But government thought it could do a better job.

So now we have generations where people may look at you and your husband and say, "It's not my problem. Government will take care of them."

Obama says "We are our brothers keeper", when refering to government taking care of people.

But we should be our own brothers keepers and leave government out of it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

it doesn't help that our doctors used to live in our neighborhoods, the economic disparity wasn't that great!
now, they live over on the rich side of town, and charge and arm and a leg so they can afford their mansions, nice cars, and vacation homes!!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
reply to post by beezzer

it doesn't help that our doctors used to live in our neighborhoods, the economic disparity wasn't that great!
now, they live over on the rich side of town, and charge and arm and a leg so they can afford their mansions, nice cars, and vacation homes!!

And they earned them. They should have them.

But I'd be willing to bet than a few phone calls,, could find you a doc that'd do a house-call.

Wealthy people are still people.

Most still care.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Oh really?

I felt that I have been consistant with a belief of personal responsibility, smaller government, individuality.

I'm on these theads because SO MANY people are fighting FOR the nanny state.

Oh Beezer...you are here for one reason and that is to continue the spin and mis-information...don't lie.

You are just as much for big government as and liberal is...but when you push for government that you agree with...you don't see it as "big government".

You, and all conservatives, want the government to do things that you agree with...but you don't want to admit it is still "big government"...like bust unions...give tax breaks to the rich...tell who can and can't marry...tell who can and can't serve in the military...ect.

But you have good rhetoric....small government....

At least I don't lie to myself on a daily basis...I fully admit what I would like the government to do...and none of it even benefits me directly.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm not going to define success by YOUR standards.

I'm not asking you to define success by MY standards...I'm asking you to define them by YOURS.

And you're the one talking about twisting words?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
As the evil conservative in the thread i do not want Government to do jack squat for me

as in leave me the hell alone and do not tell me what i can or can't do what kind of lightbulb i can use or what i can whipe my butt with or even where i can go.

OR give me crap about if i wanted to stay at home and raise my kids or my wife.

Liberals do that stupidity the largest expansion of Goverment has been by their hands.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

really because I made more than a few phone calls trying to find a doctor that would do an operation without a hefty down payment...
word somehow got to a state legislator that I was having this problem, and well, after a short talk with me, he made a phone call to the surgeon, who called me and set it up finally, about a week later..
at that point I had said hell with it and was just accepting the fact that I would never walk again, and well, the danged gov't would still be taking our money so that the "poor" could take their kids to the doctor for their runny noses!

weather or not they earn it is irrelevant!! the healthcare industry cannot support such high salaries without the gov't $$ flowing into it!! in my area, over half of the revenues going into it are from gov't programs!!

and, to be fair to the poor doctor, I have to say, our healthcare system was once made up of indenpendant doctors who were basically free to run their business as they wished. now they are more than likely a part of a big conglomerate with a large administrative staff that is demanding even larger salaries than the doctors, while dictating to them how they should be practicing! and well, they are ending up with a huge amount of debt from their training, in colleges with another huge administrative staff that is demanding insande wages. and have to coddle insurance companies who are dictating to them just how they should practice, all of whom have huge administrative staffs that are demanding insane wages.....
well, sorry, most of the patients don't have the insane wages also, so well, their customers cannot afford their crap!!! the industry is really a failed system all together, since part of a successful business is to provide a service at a cost that is affordable to enough people that they can have a decent profit. if they were a mcdonalds, they would be charging $200 bucks for a cheeseburger so they could pay their top echelon of workers and since no one sees a mcdonalds cheeseburger as a necessity, well, their cheeseburgers would sit there till they rotted!! but, healthcare is a necessity really, so instead, we have what is basically ponzi schemes such as insurance and the gov't programs to add juice to it.

there is no way that doctor or those adminstrators would be earning what they are if it wasn't for those ponzi schemes, they would be back into my neighborhood in modest homes, not so nice cars, and well, if they are lucky and willing to sacrifice a little, a modest little summer camp somewhere!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Can I vent for a minute, my husband, 62, a carpenter, hobbles home everyday from work, we pay our taxes but we don't have health care, It does gall me that our tax dollars go to pay for healthcare for able bodied people that don't work,

It saddens me when I hear someone like you say this and then turn around and support the Conservatives.

I do give Republicans credit for one thing...they are masters at propaganda and convincing people to vote against their own interests.

I'm sorry to say this...but if you vote Republican...you only have yourself to blame for your situation.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
As the evil conservative in the thread i do not want Government to do jack squat for me

as in leave me the hell alone and do not tell me what i can or can't do what kind of lightbulb i can use or what i can whipe my butt with or even where i can go.

OR give me crap about if i wanted to stay at home and raise my kids or my wife.

Liberals do that stupidity the largest expansion of Goverment has been by their hands.

But if you are going to live next to me in this country...then I do want them to tell you certain things you can or can't do.

Like it or not, most people are stupid...and they need to be told what they can or can't do. I'm a firm believer in this...and my experience confirms the fact that most people are stupid...even if they don't think so themselves.

I don't want to live in your country where everyone can do whatever they want...no thanks.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

The country i live in is that liberals get to do whatever the hell they want but no one else gets to

So much for being liberal because that belief is the antithesis of the word.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

The country i live in is that liberals get to do whatever the hell they want but no one else gets to

So much for being liberal because that belief is the antithesis of the word.

Please explain how liberals get to do whatever the hell they want and no one else does???

Now you just sound bitter.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join