It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Stay-At-Home Moms Are Worth More than $100K a Year

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

not really, just because you think the programs should be there for those who need it, doesn't mean you want everyone to need the programs!!! and it happens to be a good gauge, sadly, of just how well, or horrible in our case, the economy is....

if we didn't have those programs we'd be measuring just how long the bread lines are and the tents in the tent cities!!

tell me, do you really want everyone in this country having a job that pays for everything they need?? really??
since by what I understand, ain't no economist gonna tell ya that having 100% employment is that great for the economy!!! it leads to shortages in the labor market, which leads to higher wages, which leads to higher costs for the consumer....

so, accepting the fact that we are gonna always have the poor and unemployed, and that they do make up a part of a healthy economy. which do you prefer? bread lines and tent cities, or gov't programs?? and wouldn't at least part of "economic success" be keeping a healthy balance between the unemployed and poor and the ones that are holding their own...
right now it is very, very out of balance!! there are far too many on the programs and the tax base is dwindling that are expected to keep the propped up!! being able to reduce the numbers some would be considered a success at this point!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by beezzer

Noone is blasting Octamom with her welfare checks and 8 kids she working?

The hypocrisy is thick.

No one is "blasting" Ann Romney...quite lying to yourself.

Fact: Romney has not ever been in the workforce

And are you honestly saying people didn't "blast" Octomom???? What world do you live in????
edit on 13-4-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Whats the going rate on morals and principles ? Whats the going rate on having children,running around,out in the streets?

Along with intelligence, personality also blossoms in the first three years. Through early interactions with parents, a child learns to communicate and trust, and masters social skills and the idea that she is a separate person. These early years are the ones were the groundwork for discipline, social interaction, independence and academic achievement. Even the best-chosen, enriching and caring day care won't have the exact philosophy toward these ends as an individual set of parents.

The Changing Face of the Stay-at-Home Mom: Raising Your Children Without Losing Your Goals

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
NOW president: Ann Romney lacks “life experience” and “imagination” to relate to most Americans

hotair.com...

Well, personally I think all of Washington is out of touch with the American people.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

1. This thread was started as a result of an attack on Ann Romney.

2. Palin was constantly attacked for working instead of staying at home.

3. Again, this isn't really about women staying at home or working. Progressives could care less. It's about attacking the wealthy, or any facet of a topic. And it doesn't matter if it is in direct opposition to a point they may have previously made.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Do tell anyone like CNN ever say octamom never worked a day in their lives?

Conservative women in the media are treated differently than liberal WE ALL KNOW THIS..

I am just waiting for your threads about Mrs. Romney like you made about Palin.
edit on 13-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

ya, we're women, we are wrong no matter what we do!!!

and we wonder why women don't want to have babies!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
NOW president: Ann Romney lacks “life experience” and “imagination” to relate to most Americans

hotair.com...

Well, personally I think all of Washington is out of touch with the American people.

Ummm...yes...it's true.

Her hardest choice of the day is which luxury car should she drive.

This isn't attack on a woman...it's pointing out the fact that she lives in an entirely different world and Romney uses her as a sounding board to find out what American women are concerned with.

They are both out of touch...or do you relate with Ann...how many Cadillacs do you have?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Ummm...yes...it's true.

Her hardest choice of the day is which luxury car should she drive.

Are we talking about Michelle Obama on a Target run??

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Safety nets require a solid foundation.

We don't have that. These programs are being paid for with promises and future debt.

Safety nets are fine and work well when they are supported.

Our current safety nets are nothing more than an illusion.

link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
reply to post by Stormdancer777

ya, we're women, we are wrong no matter what we do!!!

and we wonder why women don't want to have babies!!!

My last account here was neutral and I never told anyone I was female.. it was assumed I was male due to the topics and things I was involved in. I didnt deceive anyone.. I just didnt say one way or the other. hehe.. try it sometime. Youll be taken more seriously. The draw back was I couldnt rip on my husband and it took some of the fun out of it. Had to out myself this time.

link   

Romney has not ever been in the workforce

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...

Plus all the charitable work she has done must make her very aware of the needs of people.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

1. This thread was started as a result of an attack on Ann Romney.

2. Palin was constantly attacked for working instead of staying at home.

3. Again, this isn't really about women staying at home or working. Progressives could care less. It's about attacking the wealthy, or any facet of a topic. And it doesn't matter if it is in direct opposition to a point they may have previously made.

There was no "attack" on Ann Romney...there was stated fact that was poorly worded.

Unless people are complete idiots...they know Rosen didn't mean raising kids isn't "work"...you know it was in reference to the workforce.

But you will continue to be willfully ignorant and attempt to use this to distract from the real issue....Romney depends on his wife to tell him about women's economic issues

This is about pointing out that the Romney's are out of touch and can't relate to the general American public.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

there was a time when I couldn't work, hurt my foot at work, and it stayed screwed up till I went to walk one day and it just broke!! well, during that time, we were trying to live on my hubby's salary only, and it wasn't enough...(although the gov't claimed it was more than enough, matter of fact, we should have had thousands of dollars stashed away for a down payment for the surgeon I needed to fix the broken foot!!) well, during that time, after the bills that needed to be paid were paid, we had about $30 to feed five people!
guess how much octomom gets in food stamps!!!
$2000!!!

in my opinion, a good portion of our problems can be traced right back to the welfare system and it's insanity!!!
they'll let a working person degrade to the point of not even being able to walk, let alone work and contribute to society, and yet, they have plenty of money to give to a crazy person who chose to have two multiple births...(very big multiple births!!!)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Nevermind.
edit on 13-4-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Its a figure of speech... means just because the mans out making bread that the woman's not home doing nothing. And some woman deserve the credit, not all, but some.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

People think she is out of touch with the American people, once again working with charities makes you well aware.

I have to say I do understand, I watch the Washington and worlds elites talking and about sharing the wealth, but whose wealth are they sharing?

Not theirs.

If they were really serious about this why don't they give everything they own to the poor.

edit on 043030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

This is about pointing out that the Romney's are out of touch and can't relate to the general American public.

I don't care if Mitt never had the same worries about bills that I had.
I don't care if he never "relates" to me.

I don't want a president who spends time sympathising with my issues.

That's not his job. That shouldn't be governments job.

Defend the country.
Deliver the mail.
Make sure roads are built.

But to hold my hand and tell me how much he cares?

Give me a friggin' break!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

the whole economy is an illusion at this point!!

there is more bogus securities out there than there is actual money!!

just the outstanding business credit in canada is more than the monetary supply of the country!!

can just imagine what the US's is like!!

there is no foundation for the economy, so of course, there is no foundation for anything!! those pieces of paper that we work 40 hours a week is backed only by the "full faith and credit" of the US!!!

don't repay the money that is owed to the social security fund, and there is no faith or credit any longer when it comes to the US! we will have defaulted! which we will probably end up doing anyways, since all those bogus securities are entrenched with fraud and therefore will come home to roost and our dear gov't and the idiots we elect to be in charge..be they republican or democrat, just ain't gonna let their buddies from those big banks get socked with a debt that exceeds the available currency of the entire nation!!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

My Presidential quote of the day......

"If I had a bunny,it would look like Beezzer...........

Seriously,The President should be held to his promises,and his ability's to change all the ills he claimed he inherited. So far,NONE of this has happened. No "shovel ready jobs",no transparency. He has grandiose ideas,about hope and change,and that's ALL it ever is/was. I don't see anyone actually giving Michelle Obama grief,that she is staying home with the kids,and dog. Obama "personally",like hes done on other occasions,should have had a press conference,and denounced it. He didn't. That is typical "liberal" politics at work. It was below him to do so,or it didn't present him a stage to make up more grandiose campaign promises.
edit on 13-4-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join