It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Stay-At-Home Moms Are Worth More than $100K a Year

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Why Stay-At-Home Moms Are Worth More than $100K a Year
By Kate Rogers
Published April 12, 2012
FOXBusiness

With the recent Democratic boondoggle fiasco orchestrated by the Obama campaign and the DNC and executed by minion Hilary Rosen, maybe we take a closer look at housewives and homemaking.

The vast majority minority of Americans need to have a look at a normal lifestyle.

Whether you are a mom telecommuting, operating a business from your home, or working full time as a stay-at-home mother, chances are you have your hands full.

The stay-at-home-mom topic entered the 2012 election firestorm Wednesday night, when Hilary Rosen, a top Democratic strategist, told CNN “Guess what, [Romney’s] wife has actually never worked a day in her life.”

Sixty-four-year-old Romney, a mother of five and grandmother of 16, fired back on Twitter with her first-ever tweet, “I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work.”

She’s not alone. According to the U.S. Census, there were 5 million stay-at-home moms in 2010 — down from 5.1 million in 2009 and 5.3 million in 2008.

and keep in mind that Ann Romney has had some major medical problems in her life

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I thought that politician's wives (talking about Hilary in particular here) were supposed to be good at not sticking their foot in their mouth? I cannot believe that my mother actually likes that vile, vile woman (she's hardcore republican to boot, which just makes it more perplexing
)

Wow I am stupid. I read Hilary Rosen as Hilary Clinton
edit on 12-4-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Rosen apologized for her comments and by doing so admitted the comment was wrong.

Obama however had his sock puppet at todays Q & A at the White House put on a long rant about how Rosen was right.

It just can't get any dumber than this. God our leadership is embarrassing

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Only an Oprah fan would believe that a stay at home mother is worth 100k a year.

Its not that hard.

Even less so for wealthy people like the Romney woman.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

“I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work.”

Yeah its hard to sit on your ass eating ice cream all day, screaming at the kids telling them to go to their room, clean the house for you or go outside and play.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Let's see. I wash floors and windows, dust and general cleaning of the house including the bathrooms. I wash dishes, vacuum, laundry, pay the bills and keep track of finances, care for the pets, have raised 5 kids, two just about to turn 8. I do the shopping and all meal preparation (including preparing lunch for kids and husband). I also do landscaping and gardening. There's probably more I left out but you get the idea.

On top of all that, I have a "regular job" that I do from home.

I'd say I'm worth at least 50 grand a year.

My husband goes to work for 8 hours and then comes home and drinks beer. He makes 65K and gets weekends off.
edit on 12-4-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It was their choice to have children not mine. I don't think making a choice to have children and then have to take care of them is any great accomplishment. It's what you are supposed to do. There are many many families that have two parents in the work force. You don't hear them bitching about it. They made the choice to have children and are making the sacrifices involved in it. I'm not going to praise a woman who also made the choice to have kids and then expects the world to sympathize with her being rich and not having to go to work and raise the children. She unlike many people in the US had the option to not work and just stay at home. I supposed to say how great she is because she was wealthy enough to not have to go to work to help support her family. I THINK NOT!!!!
edit on 12-4-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

“I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work.”

Yeah its hard to sit on your ass eating ice cream all day, screaming at the kids telling them to go to their room, clean the house for you or go outside and play.

A classic example of how the Progressives think. It does not get any better than this

Let the State raise your kids and what do you get? Prisons full of their children and schools indoctrinating children instead of teaching them how to think for themselves.

You are aware that Rosen apologized her statement was so wrong?

Intelligent people emulate the successful because they wish to succeed themselves. The First Lady is a stay at home mom in fact, with her children in private schools and surrounded by servants. Oh the shame of it all.
She should be out waiting on tables at a local Denny's instead of "sitting on her ass eating ice cream all day", eh?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This, in my mind, isn't so much about stay-at-home moms as it is about . . . . . .

Class warfare.

Again.

Add to the fact (as Blaine pointed out) that it's almost an insult to the progressive mindset when parents raise their children instead of the state. Simply because they (Romneys) can afford it, and not have the state indoctrinate their children, is seen as a bad thing.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

My wife would love to be a stay at home Mom, and she was for the 3 years, but now that the boys are in Pre-K, she is able to return to work. However, she only makes $26k, she has gas expense, lunch expense, and we pay $600 per month for afterschool daycare.

We were not eligible for EIC and we ended up paying a few thousand more tax dollars this year.

If we were more savvy, there is probably a way to increase our actual cash in hand and have her stay at home at the same time. We should probably sit down and look into this? Anyone have any ideas?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Exactly. The only thing they have to run on this time is well, nothing? So they go right back to divide to conquer as always.

I'm not even a Republican and I'm embarrassed by this years campaigning from both sides. Sad, truly sad.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Could she get a job at the daycare? Or any daycare where you could place your kids?

That way, she's working AND watching your children.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
This, in my mind, isn't so much about stay-at-home moms as it is about . . . . . .

Class warfare.

Again.

Add to the fact (as Blaine pointed out) that it's almost an insult to the progressive mindset when parents raise their children instead of the state. Simply because they (Romneys) can afford it, and not have the state indoctrinate their children, is seen as a bad thing.

Obama made 162k a year as a Senator and he didn't have "the luxury" of being able to have Michelle stay home with the kids. Can you imagine?

My wife stopped working when our first child was born almost 5 years ago. We now have two kids and she is a full time stay at home mom. It's difficult financially but much better than having a daycare or babysitter raise our children.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

You are something else. We're not talking about your mother, we're talking about women who choose to be stay at home mothers because it is better for the children and they can afford to do so.

When my wife was at home, she had work stations set up, they had periods like school. They drew pictures, read, watched Dora and Team Umizumi, played outside, road bikes, helped clean up after themselves of course, and they went for walks, etc., etc. Staying at home with Mom was every bit as engaging as being in any school. As a result, my 5 year old and 4 year old are excelling in school, my 5 year old reads and writes letters to his grandmother. He knows my phone number, our address, he can add and subtract numbers, he can ride a bike without training wheels, he is a greenbelt in TWD, and he probably knows more about gardening and astronomy than most adults!

Please don't project your poor upbringing onto all stay-at-home Moms.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Well to be honest, if you get HBO and Cinemax, it'll eat up 162,000.00 really quick!

My wifeis a stay-at-home mother who used to work full time as well.

We adjusted.

And our son is much better for it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I wasn't raised by my mother, so go ahead try and insult me some more like you know who your talking to.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I wasn't raised by my mother, so go ahead try and insult me some more like you know who your talking to.

Yet your previous post illustrated how you think stay-at-home mothers act.

What inference would you expect anyone to draw from that?
edit on 12-4-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ahhhh, that was just mean, and my stay-at-home Momma raised me better than that.

Post removed.
edit on 12-4-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So I need to be raised by my mother to know how stay at home mom's operate? Your a smart one.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

So I need to be raised by my mother to know how stay at home mom's operate? Your a smart one.

Not at all. I was just surprised at how you knew what all stay-at-home mothers did all day.

I didn't think anyone was that knowlegeable.

Kudos.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join