It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Claim: Advanced dinosaurs may rule other planets"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Story Link

It sounds like the plot to a science fiction story, but new scientific research hypothesizes that "advanced dinosaurs" may have evolved on other planets in the universe.

In his report, Breslow discusses the age-old mystery of why the building blocks of terrestrial amino acids (which make up proteins), sugars, and the genetic materials DNA and RNA exist mainly in one orientation or shape. 

I saw this and thought it was an interesting concept, one I thought about often as a child. Anyway I glimpsed the title and was a little dissappointed. My first thought was they were claiming dinosaurs evolved and are extraterrestrials. But they are only stating two things; a 'What if?' dinosaurs didn't die and went spaceward, and the second is that perhaps life on other planets may have their own dinosaur 'step' in evolution. Anyway, enjoy the read and thoughts to follow.

edit on 12-4-2012 by AMANNAMEDQUEST because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AMANNAMEDQUEST

I read this maybe 10 seconds ago lol.
It does seem a little unbelievable but is it?
They should definitely come out a remake of planet of the apes...
Planet of the Dinosaurs!
But if we are using that logic, there could be a planet ran by rats.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Enter the Reptilian conspiracy theorists!!!!

Cool story.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm calling shennanegans until the source of the information is available as that article really is a mess. I don't have faith that some speculative comments weren't taken out of context to mean "OMG SUPER DINOS RULE THE UNIVERSE".

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Somewhere out there, could perhaps be dinosaur-like intelligence reading a report on 'what-if' mammal-like intelligence exists out there in some advanced form.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST
reply to post by GmoS719

Somewhere out there, could perhaps be dinosaur-like intelligence reading a report on 'what-if' mammal-like intelligence exists out there in some advanced form.

HAHA, to think that we might even be the star of a horror film on their plant.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth
I'm calling shennanegans until the source of the information is available as that article really is a mess. I don't have faith that some speculative comments weren't taken out of context to mean "OMG SUPER DINOS RULE THE UNIVERSE".

I'm still looking for it, using key words "Journal of the American Chemical Society" "Dr. Ronald Breslow" only thing that comes up in the search engine on google is similar news articles like the one I linked too. I would be interested in reading it. Still searching.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Ditto, all the other articles online link back to your OP source and the Dr's wiki page is scant on information

edit on 12-4-2012 by john_bmth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think I found it!
portal.acs.org... &__uuid=2cc5f9d9-15f9-4fe2-92f0-cb9aab6088e2
edit on 12-4-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

Well I think I found it. Journal But it looks I will have to dig even further, but they are all in PDF format for download. Still searching.

link   
I see the possibility, maybe if the Dinosaurs that lived here didn't went extinct they would be ruling this planet instead of os.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
I think I found it!

Beat me to it! thanks!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

What?!
Mate, they just admitted that reptilians or Ciakars exists!!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

What?!
Mate, they just admitted that reptilians or Ciakars exists!!

No not quite,

“Of course,” Breslow says, “showing that it could have happened this way is not the same as showing that it did.” He adds: “An implication from this work is that elsewhere in the universe there could be life forms based on D-amino acids and L-sugars. Such life forms could well be advanced versions of dinosaurs, if mammals did not have the good fortune to have the dinosaurs wiped out by an asteroidal collision, as on Earth. We would be better off not meeting them.”

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
I think I found it!

Cool, I tried to register but to no avail and my university doesn't have institutional access to it

Edit: hang on, we do... let me try and login

edit on 12-4-2012 by john_bmth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This article doesn't make much sense. The chirality of DNA has little to do with whether or not alien life we find might have some superficial physical similarity to dinosaurs. I don't know how the author of the article made the jump from talking about one thing, which is an interesting aspect of DNA chemistry, to some rather ill thought out speculative gobbledygook about dinosaurs on other planets.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
This article doesn't make much sense. The chirality of DNA has little to do with whether or not alien life we find might have some superficial physical similarity to dinosaurs. I don't know how the author of the article made the jump from talking about one thing, which is an interesting aspect of DNA chemistry, to some rather ill thought out speculative gobbledygook about dinosaurs on other planets.

Obviously there is some scientific basis for the conclusion.
I suspect you aren't a scientist...nothing but gobbledygook.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath

Yes, I have to admit I am a little slow to retain and wrap my head around this. I'm finding I have to read it over and over and I'm still not understanding the leap there. I suppose he is saying that (dinosaurs) might be the route life on other planets might possible take? Expect here us pesky mammals found a niche and took a spot on the evoluntionary scale that dinosaurs might have taken otherwise. I mean it's an awefully lot of time, millions and millions of years. Then again, they could have still became birds anyway.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I think he is saying that life on other planets is more than likely the same as life on earth.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Hopefully people will take Reptilian encounters a bit more seriously now. Or soon anyway.

Baby steps.
Our truth...who we REALLY are and what's really going on is being released so methodically .....that I want to scream!!! Not sure it's in excitement or disdain but I want to scream non-the-less.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join