It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24 Outrageous Facts About Taxes In The United States That Will Blow Your Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well, tax day is almost upon us.

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH! Need...more...Jagermeister!

I stumbled upon this list and just had to share with fellow members.

When I read it, I'm not sure whether to laugh, cry or just look like a deer caught in the headlights. (A common look for me.)

So, without further ado, here are 24 examples of how taxation has just gotten plain old crazy:

1 – The U.S. tax code is now 3.8 million words long. If you took all of William Shakespeare’s works and collected them together, the entire collection would only be about 900,000 words long.
2 – According to the National Taxpayers Union, U.S. taxpayers spend more than 7.6 billion hours complying with federal tax requirements. Imagine what our society would look like if all that time was spent on more economically profitable activities.
3 – 75 years ago, the instructions for Form 1040 were two pages long. Today, they are 189 pages long.
4 – There have been 4,428 changes to the tax code over the last decade. It is incredibly costly to change tax software, tax manuals and tax instruction booklets for all of those changes.
5 – According to the National Taxpayers Union, the IRS currently has 1,999different publications, forms, and instruction sheets that you can download from the IRS website.

24 Outrageous Facts About Taxes In The United States That Will Blow Your Mind

I don't know about you, but there are some seriously messed up points in there. The article linked above contains links to back up their claims.

Thoughts!
edit on 12-4-2012 by Hessling because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Apr 12 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The thing these 'Job Creators' dont want us to know is that we collectively have more than enough money to break them. We can break them if only we could take back our governments.

We are not beholden to them but they to us. We dont need them,they need us.

We need to stop allowing them to plunder/steal our taxes if nothing else.

And we need to take back control of our marketplaces and remind them that it is their privilege to be able to do business in them.

And no more millionaire/billionaire bailouts. No more taxpayer money spent on their Imperial schemes like the IMF, NATO , UN , Foriegn Aid.

We need to change our mindsets and we should all be furious.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
But I thought america was the greatest country on earth?

Taxes, and the central government corporation is out of control. I read somewhere that over half of the income tax we pay goes directly to military spending.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This speaks volumes. Looks like it's time to start making cuts in the federal budget!

16 – Sadly, as Bill Whittle has shown, you could take every single penny that every American earns above $250,000 and it would only fund about 38 percent of the federal budget.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0
But I thought america was the greatest country on earth?

Taxes, and the central government corporation is out of control. I read somewhere that over half of the income tax we pay goes directly to military spending.

Military spending pales in comparison to stuff like welfare and other social programs.
Source

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
This speaks volumes. Looks like it's time to start making cuts in the federal budget!

16 – Sadly, as Bill Whittle has shown, you could take every single penny that every American earns above $250,000 and it would only fund about 38 percent of the federal budget.

Federal budget cuts?

Time was up a long time ago.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

Excellent video. What were the original 7 months money spent on? He doesn't address that though. Yes, the whole system is broken, but that's what you get when you have large hoards of people voting for their paycheck.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
America needs to learn how to tax the poor and homeless. Hasn't the silly country learnt that yet? You'd think so by all the chatter about leaving the hard-done-by uber-rich alone.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Where can I move in the world where my government stops raping me for taxes? We rebelled against Great Britain about taxation without representation, but now we as Americans bend over and just take it. I'm so sick of it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
The thing these 'Job Creators' dont want us to know is that we collectively have more than enough money to break them. We can break them if only we could take back our governments.

We are not beholden to them but they to us. We dont need them,they need us.

We need to stop allowing them to plunder/steal our taxes if nothing else.

And we need to take back control of our marketplaces and remind them that it is their privilege to be able to do business in them.

And no more millionaire/billionaire bailouts. No more taxpayer money spent on their Imperial schemes like the IMF, NATO , UN , Foriegn Aid.

We need to change our mindsets and we should all be furious.

If you were even remotely successful they would collapse the currency, turn the rest of the world against us, and best of all, your evening dinner would come from rummaging the local dump.

People are too divided to work together and get their brains out of the fog. Your only hope is perhaps God's intervention because some assholes keep usurping his creative work.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Only a morally bankrupt society would turn paying taxes into an insanely profitable industry.

If our founding fathers saw the sheer number of taxes we pay today compared to what they griped about from the British they'd be completely ashamed of what they created. We need to reign in the runaway government before it consumes us entirely.

new topics

top topics

join