It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blasting sound heard around coventry

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I was reading about this on glp someone put a picture up glad I got that pic now.

Don't know what they are chasing but it looks a lot higher than them.
Well it's not a helicopter thats for sure

Thanks

edit on 043030p://2012-04-12T16:16:41-05:00124 by mars1 because: to make changes

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShayneJUK

Originally posted by OliArtist
reply to post by ShayneJUK

Sky News said MoD said the jets came from Oxfordshire. That's who. If they didn't then it seems there is a right mess somewhere in terms of getting a story straight.

Probably because sky are idiots beeb and the telegraph both state coningsby which is correct
not to mention coningsby IS where our QRA (fast response standby to scramble crews and planes live).

RAF bases have specific rolls brize norton is a LARGE aircraft facility it handles VC10s etc
tankers AWACS passenger flights to overseas bases etc its highly unlikely any fighters would be there.

other near by sites Fairford is a maintenance site for RAF and (shhh) "some" USAF craft
unlikely again for fast response jets to be there.

Benson is a helo training site. nope

Lynham is winding down and i dont think there are any combat ready planes sighted there any more.

Please don't think i am having a pop at you i am not it is as usual MSM spouting half cocked crap.

ok i will say it
is it the americans
done a silly mistake flying to low and to fast
i honestly am not believing it
but i do remember the 1st gulf war very well
brits being killed over friendly fire...
again i apologise if this statement has caused any offence
i love my friends over the pond
dave

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

nice picture question is though IS the other object there the fighters target or is is coincidence
that its in that shot? the other thing may well be a commercial jet going about its business
way higher than the fighters don't forget the south of the uk has some of the busiest airspace
in europe if not the world.

There are planes crossing the south of the uk 24/7/365 in and out of uk airports and transiting
to the Atlantic polar lanes to the US from all over europe.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ShayneJUK

Just went back to look at the thread on glp this one www.godlikeproductions.com...

Sorry I removed the link to the pictures because there where pictures other than the incident and I don't want to get told off
but you can see them in the thread linked on page seven.

Thanks

edit on 043030p://2012-04-12T16:34:20-05:00124 by mars1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Is this it?

RAF jets cause sonic boom over Britain
Noise from planes is heard 100 miles away

But the mystery was solved when the Ministry of Defence confirmed that two Typhoon fighters had been scrambled from RAF Coningsby, in Lincolnshire, after a helicopter pilot had accidentally emitted an emergency signal.

www.thesun.co.uk...

edit on 12-4-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I live in Northern Ireland and I heard something similar less than 20mins ago which lasted a good 15-20 seconds!

Very loud and almost tinny... If that makes sense!

I live just in front of the main road which around this time of night in this village is usually deserted. I went outside and I could still hear it, even though there were no vehicles!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcellante
I live in Northern Ireland and I heard something similar less than 20mins ago which lasted a good 15-20 seconds!

Very loud and almost tinny... If that makes sense!

I live just in front of the main road which around this time of night in this village is usually deserted. I went outside and I could still hear it, even though there were no vehicles!

hya
some of the posts are making me think that maybe..just maybe
a ufo was spotted
and the boom was due to...well everything we have read about them
they accelerate to phenomenal speeds
jets tried to keep up with them...
just speculating

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

It was a JET!! Sonic Boom they say.....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

This same event had been happening for nearly a week straight, about two weeks ago, in Clintonsville Wisconsin. So far USGS has no explanation. These sounds and shakes are being reported from all over the world.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveo007

This same event had been happening for nearly a week straight, about two weeks ago, in Clintonsville Wisconsin. So far USGS has no explanation. These sounds and shakes are being reported from all over the world.

hya
yeh noticed this also
did not want say for fear of ridicule
cheers
dave

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been linked, but someone on my thread posted this link, thought i'd share it here too.

Allegedly found via twitter.

p.twimg.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
At around three or four O'clock I heard a loud bang which was thunder and rather large hail.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Also -

A key point - has anyone heard from the alleged helicopter pilot, has he or she been idenified and what about the helicopter, what was it? Police, navy, coastal, private??

--

Secondly, not sure if this has been covered here yet?

www.flickr.com...

www.flickr.com...

Links found on another forum.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

so we have a typhoon, that has been declared, but here in glos, there were 2 tornado's scrambled this afternoon around 1550-1600.

so any guesses on what there hiding?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
I was reading about this on glp someone put a picture up glad I got that pic now.

Thanks

edit on 043030p://2012-04-12T16:16:41-05:00124 by mars1 because: to make changes

Mars1

Could it be the Milenium Falcon ..????

I have just come back to re-read DaveSmarts thread here and seen these new pics etc etc........... These Jets were scrambled for something more than a Helicopter............

PDUK

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by technologicalsingularity

so we have a typhoon, that has been declared, but here in glos, there were 2 tornado's scrambled this afternoon around 1550-1600.

so any guesses on what there hiding?

Interesting. There appears to be more going on than MSM reports. There weren't jets here and it felt more like a ground explosion than sonic. Perhaps there was something going on in the sky or land that required such high level attention, the helicopter story doesn't sell.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Me and my girlfriend heard a very similar noise to what you are describing about 2 weeks earlier up in Hull.

It was like a ''BOOMing" noise and the house most definately shook for a number of seconds and I initial thought could it have been an earthquake!?

Strange...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

Originally posted by mars1

Thanks

Mars1

Could it be the Milenium Falcon ..????

I have just come back to re-read DaveSmarts thread here and seen these new pics etc etc........... These Jets were scrambled for something more than a Helicopter............

PDUK

is there any chance that that is a misile
they are placed around london at the mo (sams)
maybe accident or...who knows
i expect we will see more of this soon

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This is what theyre saying about the helicopter, unidentified civilian

The Quick Reaction Alert (QRA) crews were scrambled after a civilian helicopter emitted an emergency signal in the Oxford area.

MoD sources said the "idiot" pilot, who has not been identified, had used a wrong frequency to emit the emergency signal that usually indicates an aircraft has either been hijacked or had “gone rogue”.

Fearing that a serious incident was unfolding, MoD officials gave the jets the green light to go “supersonic, which resulted in the sonic boom”.

Telegraph

edit on 12-4-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Im from stafford and i heard it, wasnt an earthquake more like thunder but there was no cloud cover or anything, happened again about half an hour later.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join