It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blasting sound heard around coventry

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kamatty

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
There is a mobile phone video on BBC TV news, which oddly shows a whilte flash across the sky at the same time as the boom if anyone is able to upload it. It was heard from Warwickshire to Oxfordshire, Wiltshire and Somerset, these counties aren't all in close proximity and all heard at the same time, over hundreds of miles. There are air shows here every year and with typhoons flying with sonic booms and it has never caused a fuss in even near counties.

link to video?

trying to get it from channel 4 website / bbc iplayer

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefamiliar
Surley the only danger you could cause with a civillian helecopter would be to crash it into something and the only thing the fighter jets could do to stop it would be to blow it up and shower the surrounding area with big lumps of helecopter so why send them?

I could understand if it were a milliatary helecopter and also beleive that it had that kind of transmission but someone on here has to be a helecopter pilot or know one they can ask?

thefamiliar.....

Hello again

I guess when faced with a rogue aircraft, helicopter then the only course of action is to shoot it down...because if it is destined for a 'specific target' and is possibly carrying a ''cargo'' or something more sinister thento shoot it down before it reaches a target is better even if there is a lesser amount of collaterall damage....

PDUK

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Yeah trying to find that weather guy one too,...

Here's a couple.

These peeps in Bath filmed it... for a few mins

Dunno sounds like jets I guess.

And this is 12 hours earlier in Holland.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Typhoons are to be based at RAF Northolt during the Olympics. West of London, on the way to Oxford and Bristol, well sort of.

Looks like they might be there already and ready to go!

Kinda makes you feel safe?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Yup thats normal jet sounds, the cut out is simple the engines pointing another direction, jets were designed to be as quiet as possible, believe it or not

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dowot

Kinda makes you feel safe?

They have 160 of these bad boys ready to fly, though only a small handful ready at any one time in any one base.

I would expect brize norton to hold a few more than 2 though, thats a big base.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Yes I can agree in principle to that but then why would someone hijack a civillian helecopter? I cant imagine its safe to wrestle the controls from the pilot? and I Imagine there not that much to buy so any terrorist who cant afford one also proberbly doesn't have much of a bomb either.

It all sounds like a poorly thought out cover story to me but there you go.

Also I think someone said the planes came from lincolnshire? If so why not from one of wiltshires many raf bases.

Fishy fish.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
just over 10 mins ago i heard a loud blasting noise
it made me jump like it was a car hitting another just outside
a few mins later my friend from the other side of coventry txt me
it slightly shook his house a few miles away
dont know anymore
did anyone else feel or hear it

my friend thinks an earthquake
edit on 12-4-2012 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

How frequent are earthquakes in that vicinity?

And by ANY chance, is this on or near the same longitude as Clintonville, Wisconsin? By my guessimation, they should be generally close.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
WOW @ those 2 videos.
Time she got her phone and set to record, 30 seconds? and it lasted ages..
Then the Holland one...Madness....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Those noises are something out of a horror film.

Just plain, weird! If not, frightening.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Yeah trying to find that weather guy one too,...

Here's a couple.

These peeps in Bath filmed it... for a few mins

Dunno sounds like jets I guess.

And this is 12 hours earlier in Holland.

the jet video in Bath is jets and isn't the sound I or the people reporting booms heard, it was a VERY loud explosion sound that lasted for a few seconds and shook the floor and walls, it was startling and I am used to hearing very loud planes and sonic booms. People as far as Warwickshire said it sounded '' like a brick went through their window'', it wasn't ordinary, hence all the reports, it was EXTRAORDINARY.

Will try post video on news when get a few moments.

edit on 12-4-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
Yup thats normal jet sounds, the cut out is simple the engines pointing another direction, jets were designed to be as quiet as possible, believe it or not

this wasn't the sound heard, normally with a sonic boom there are jet sounds at some point, here there weren't.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Biigs.

2? Thats more than rowing boats the Navy have...Haha!

Brize, did not think of the planes origination from there.

Is Fairford still in use by the RAF?

OK, so I can come out from under the table then and take the colander off my head and put it back on the shelf. Not letting go the white flag though, just in case.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Typhoon sonic boom behind mysterious bang reports - MoD

Aloud bang which sparked a deluge of calls to emergency services across a large part of England was a sonic boom from a Typhoon aircraft, the MoD said.

Mystified residents across the West Midlands, Warwickshire, Oxfordshire, Somerset and Wiltshire reported hearing a loud boom at about 18:10 BST.

The MoD revealed it was from a Typhoon responding to an emergency call.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Yeah i know man, I wasn't posting them because they were the same noise as the garden one... I can't find the garden one.

My mate heard the loud bang one and it rattled his house... said it sounded like an earthquake crossed with gunfire.

I only posted those vids because they're the only ones on youtube related to this incident.

If you have the garden weather man one, post it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Yep, that explanation was given about 2 and half hours ago.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Earthquakes are rare in the UK of any significant size, and even rarer over M4, not everything is a conspiracy HA!

The answer given by the MoD is perfectly reasonable if you understand how sonic booms work.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

So then what was the emergency?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
AFAIK the typhoon fleet is based at RAF coningsby linconshire seen them there training quite a lot

There is a pair stationed at RAF Northolt NW London for the Olympics they have been seen out and about
over the last few weeks doing orientation training over London and the Thames estuary.

on the 2 vids up the page neither has sounds of a super sonic nature the first vid certainly "sounds"
like a typhoon they have a distinctive tearing noise.

the second one is the odd one why would we have typhoons over dutch airspace?
i suppose it could be sound carrying across the sea from a training op over the Thames estuary
but that's still quite a trek and again AFAIK we don't launch night flights where they could be a sound
nuisance again down to limiting a deluge of whinging to the authority's

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot12714

The emergency was some daft git had pressed the help we're being hijacked button on a civilian helicopter, and given the security in place for the run up to the games, two jets were dispatched to go play.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join