It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blasting sound heard around coventry

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
I wonder... this noise seems to have been hear in distances that are like 200 miles apart... is that actually possible?

Maybe it's just all hype... I dunno.

just seen this on yahoo from 4 yrs ago

I can't give you a precise distance because the sound pressure level created and distance the sonic boom will be heard will depend upon the size and shape of the object (aircraft, meteor), its height and speed, atmospheric conditions, and weather conditions. In addition, propagation along the ground once the sound waves reach the surface, depends on whether the surface is land or open water. 30 to 60 miles is typical for sonic booms created by fighter aircraft over land, but faintly audible sonic booms have been heard as much as 300 miles from their source.

answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
news.sky.com...

Sonic boom is the "official" line.
I was directly under one once. nearly had a heart attack, never shook my house.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
hi been reading about this all over it seems to be all over the uk from fb and twitter i have found out its been heard from top to bottom i heard it in lutterworth leicestershire and have found out that at the same time 2 jets were chasing an object above bath at the same time object not known but seen by 3-5 people

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguepirate
hi been reading about this all over it seems to be all over the uk from fb and twitter i have found out its been heard from top to bottom i heard it in lutterworth leicestershire and have found out that at the same time 2 jets were chasing an object above bath at the same time object not known but seen by 3-5 people

was that the "object" seen by 3-5 people or the "fighters"?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well i did not hear it i was driving on the M4 at the time however
what i find odd is ok the story is a typhoon called on to intercept
a Civilian Helicopter that had (in error) hit a "ive been hijacked help button"

ok first point is there such a thing as an emergency button that tells the plane to emit
such a signal? via its transponder i assume on NON military A/C .

and AFAIK NO aircraft military or otherwise is allowed to go supersonic over the UK landmass
and out to 10 NM of the coast for any reason what so ever period end of (outside of wartime manoeuvring)
due to the enormous amount of complaints and reports that come flooding in as today has shown
not to mention the possible claims that could arise.

This is why Concorde always stayed below the sound barrier until well off the Cornish or Irish coast.
which is why that u tube vid of concord's boom's was taken from a boat it was the only way you COULD
hear it.

I think there "might" be more going on here than we are being told!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
news.sky.com...

they never shook my house either

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart

I can't give you a precise distance because the sound pressure level created and distance the sonic boom will be heard will depend upon the size and shape of the object (aircraft, meteor), its height and speed, atmospheric conditions, and weather conditions. In addition, propagation along the ground once the sound waves reach the surface, depends on whether the surface is land or open water. 30 to 60 miles is typical for sonic booms created by fighter aircraft over land, but faintly audible sonic booms have been heard as much as 300 miles from their source.

answers.yahoo.com...

That's fair enough but "faintly audible" doesn't seem to be how people are describing this... so yeah dunno.
I'm a very sceptical person on most things... this just seems a little odd that people heard massive loud bangs and had things shake and rumble... in places that were 100-150 miles apart?

Possibly further.

Oh well.

I have no idea so I'll have to take others words for it.

edit on 12/4/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

You know that a sonic boom is a constant effect while the plane is supersonic right?

Theres not just one boom when accelerating over mach 1, it follows the plane around, many times ive seen the military jets fly over on exercise then 20 seconds later the cracking boom and the expected plane sound.

The pilot will be in some serious trouble for booming over land even in an emergency, my father was involved in a UK air show where the pilot slipped over mach 1, everyone thought a bomb had gone off and the station commander gave him a sturdy telling off.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShayneJUK
Well i did not hear it i was driving on the M4 at the time however
what i find odd is ok the story is a typhoon called on to intercept
a Civilian Helicopter that had (in error) hit a "ive been hijacked help button"

ok first point is there such a thing as an emergency button that tells the plane to emit
such a signal? via its transponder i assume on NON military A/C .

and AFAIK NO aircraft military or otherwise is allowed to go supersonic over the UK landmass
and out to 10 NM of the coast for any reason what so ever period end of (outside of wartime manoeuvring)
due to the enormous amount of complaints and reports that come flooding in as today has shown
not to mention the possible claims that could arise.

This is why Concorde always stayed below the sound barrier until well off the Cornish or Irish coast.
which is why that u tube vid of concord's boom's was taken from a boat it was the only way you COULD
hear it.

I think there "might" be more going on here than we are being told!

I think there HAS to be more going on than MSM reports. The area is far vaster than the regular 50 mile radius of a sonic boom, the landmass restrictions and fact it shook houses in such an area of hundreds of miles from Devon to West Midlands.

Also, don't helicopters have radios to confirm such actions before sending TWO or even ONE typhoon to 'rescue' it from unintentionally pressing a button, seeing that even one flight in such an aircraft costs sooooo much of the RAF's precious money, something like £70k per hour, on which they are keeping a tight reign and even selling / wrecking whole fleets of perfectly decent planes for the financial 'gain'.
edit on 12-4-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

Originally posted by shauny
news.sky.com...

they never shook my house either

Someone on twitter suggesting 2 planes were chasing "something"
Give me 2 I will copy/paste...

Edit:

****_*** ‏ @****_*** Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
WTF I SEN 2 PLANS, VRY LOAD CHASING WHAT LOOKED LIKE A HOT AIR BALLOON WAS SO LOUD JST GOT TO A PC ANY1?
Retweeted by ******* **********
edit on 12/4/2012 by shauny because: TO ADD TWITTER COPY/PASTE

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ShayneJUK

Very true about supersonic flight.

But take a look at my previous post on page 4..to see how far that boom can be heard.

I am guessing, but I thk that, with the Olympics, there are a lot of regulations and restrictions being applied to flights. So a distress button on a private/commercial 'copter, seems very likely.

What I wonder is when did the planes go supersonic, seems like just before they encountered the 'copter! Hope they had good brakes. Hehe

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

That's cool.

Like I said, I don't know... I'll take your word for it.

link   
Maybe there IS more to this than the ''official line''

What are the reports about concerning an unknown object being pursued by jets...... ?

link   
What in the world is going on in the world?

I am taking into consideration that news gets delivered a lot faster now but I am just not convinced that something extraordinary isn't happening too.

I just get the impression that Mother Earth is about to buck. And rightfully so. Between the physical abuse shes taking and the negativity she's surrounded in....I'd want to shake the fleas off my back too!

And if this is man's doing (i.e., fracking) I think she will have had enough greedy abuse soon enough.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
How does someone actualy hijack a helicopter?

Not saying that story is completly false or what not, im just curious as to how someone would actualy hijack a helicopter

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
How does someone actualy hijack a helicopter?

Not saying that story is completly false or what not, im just curious as to how someone would actualy hijack a helicopter

Probably Steven Segal or Kurt Russel......just Larking about.......

Seriously, i would think it would be more to do with the wrong kind of signal being broadcast or even no signal at all...

PDUK

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
''supersonic typhoon to rescue a helicopter (presumably with radio) that pressed an emergency button''....wouldn't it be a better idea to radio the helicopter first?

The chasing something sounds more likely. If it was even a sonic boom at all. The light flash from the realtime video a guy who was filming the weather is something I would like to see. I was maybe channel 4 news or bbc, isn't on youtube ...yet.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
There is a mobile phone video on BBC TV news, which oddly shows a whilte flash across the sky at the same time as the boom if anyone is able to upload it. It was heard from Warwickshire to Oxfordshire, Wiltshire and Somerset, these counties aren't all in close proximity and all heard at the same time, over hundreds of miles. There are air shows here every year and with typhoons flying with sonic booms and it has never caused a fuss in even near counties.

link to video?

link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

lol silly segall. That or Chuck Norris decided to come to Covnetry and roundhouse kicked a tree and caused this boom.

All seriousness though, im not one to be advocating aliens or anything (interested in the subject and what not, but sceptic none the less) There has been alot of these booms going around lately, maybe these jets have been chasing them all over the globe?? Maybe they are starting to come down more oftern in nations airspaces, and their breaking the rules about breaking the sound speed barrier??
edit on 12-4-2012 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

link   
Surley the only danger you could cause with a civillian helecopter would be to crash it into something and the only thing the fighter jets could do to stop it would be to blow it up and shower the surrounding area with big lumps of helecopter so why send them?

I could understand if it were a milliatary helecopter and also beleive that it had that kind of transmission but someone on here has to be a helecopter pilot or know one they can ask?

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join