It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blasting sound heard around coventry

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Just waking up to this news and I heard it in s e kent at approx 3.15pm I thought it was thunder but the sound was more like two booms rather than normal thunder clap and ruumble.We did have rain and cloud about so who can tell. Just heard on radio 2 Gatwick Airport has susppended all flights ??? they say because of a balloon lost in the area
news.sky.com...
edit on 13-4-2012 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)
edit to add they just gone back to normal now balloon out of their airspace
edit on 13-4-2012 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
In wolves and didn't hear anything. Don't know why this has been moved to skunkworks.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
www.thisisbath.co.uk...

This seems like the best report,

A pair of typhoons scrambled and traveling at Mach 1+ to intercept a cigar shaped object.
One Typhoon reportedly went to intercept the object and the other weaved around the helicopter to direct it away from the object.

I believe a sonic boom for up to 300 miles is possible, especially if there is 2 Typhoons!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by wackers90

The official story is weird.. is it normal that they would scramble 2 jets to intercept a helicopter?
Limbo

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

No it was a typhoon fighter yets sonic boom

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
WTF??

Why is this now in Skunkworks??

Nobody is claiming aliens or anything like that?

There was a noise, people heard it and people are discussing it

What gives ATS?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
typical ats... put it in skunkworks for no good reason. surprised they didn't 404 it.

heres what happened

A loud bang was heard across parts of England at about 18:10 BST on Thursday. The MoD revealed it was a boom from a Typhoon authorised to go at supersonic speed while responding to an emergency call from a helicopter. It confirmed that the helicopter pilot had transmitted the wrong signal by mistake. A flight instructor said the signal may have suggested a hijacking.

edit on 13-4-2012 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

Actually that's what we're told happened, not necessarily what actually transpired.

Thanks though, that's only been posted about 50 times in this thread

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I believe the OP put it in this area as was no news reports etc to add to the story when it was posted.
I am in Cov, heard nothing at all, nor did parents, but a few Facebook friends claim to have heard it.
I believe there were jets - that did create a sonic boom, however I do not believe they scramble 2 jets at over Mach 1 to intercept a helicopter that was on wrong frequency...it just does not seem true to me. Just opinion, but doesn't seem right,

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Spoke to someone that has good info on the Raf in regards to UFO sightings and they think it's very unusual to scramble jets for an accidental alert.

I think that and the apparent "balloon" that shut Gatwick this morning alongside reports of sonic booms over Ireland and UFO sightings over Brisol means theres definatley more than meets the eye.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I still want to know where that video of the guy in his back garden is... filmed the sound as it banged and there was also a flash of light... cannot find it ANYWHERE.

It was on C4 news last night

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
I still want to know where that video of the guy in his back garden is... filmed the sound as it banged and there was also a flash of light... cannot find it ANYWHERE.

It was on C4 news last night

looked everywhere online, C4 news online isn't showing last nights news yet, if I recall correctly it was from Hereford or somewhere northish, wasn't a great video but there was a flash, and the phone screen jumped when the boom sound heard. Will keep looking, maybe C4 news online tonight?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Yeah wasn't great quality at all, and the guy was some weather person or something?

Can't find anything either, can't remember the name of the guy or video?

Very hard to search with "Flash" "Loud noise weather" or similar things.... too many video come up

Oh well.

I thought you found it last night?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

The guy was just a guy filming the weather, in front of his house. I seen the video on the news, couldn't find online yet.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Really? You think it was an earthquake and the govt are covering it up? I doubt Cameroon could cover his are up in bed let alone an earthquake. And all these people staying that they've heard sonic booms at airshows "enough times"... Err how exactly? Setting as people here have correctly said, aircraft aren't allowed to break the sound barrier over land in the UK unless it it deemed an emergency.... So that's rubbish....

I live in Cornwall and am old enough to remember, and miss, the shape of Concorde overhead followed by the double crump as she broke the sound barrier, as mentioned before you've got to be 10NM out to sea before you can hit mach1, and me living about 30 miles from lands end was able to hear it, from behind her. Kinda says to me the official explanation holds up.

Ooh and before I forget the pilot should in no way be punished for breaking the sound barrier, he was given permission to go mach1+, which he did... Therefore he followed orders and fulfilled his mission... So obviously no "bollocking" needed eh!
edit on 13/4/2012 by foobies because: bloody swipe/Android autocorrect

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Again, this is the flash/bang vid from yesterday

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by thefamiliar
I think that and the apparent "balloon" that shut Gatwick this morning alongside reports of sonic booms over Ireland and UFO sightings over Brisol means theres definatley more than meets the eye.

Wow, I should really be following the news! Thanks for that, will check for more on those a bit later if I can.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

Originally posted by thefamiliar

Wow, I should really be following the news! Thanks for that, will check for more on those a bit later if I can.

It's on here
www.itv.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It is standard procedure to lauch two aircraft, unless not possible due to aircraft servicability. To the guy who wrote that there will be Typhoons at Brize Norton for the Olympics there will not be.

The sounds that i have heard and/or listened to are clearly Jet noise and in the video of the flash what sounds like lightening (the weather wasn't great yesterday).

In the Images of the third object with both the aircraft it's probably a bird.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Probably an after shock.
Or some explosion?
Hopefully it will be televised.I must admit over here I heard massive bangs sounded like thunder.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join