It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monolith' Object on Mars? You Could Call It That

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I suppose this should go into the science section seeing "Yahoo" wrote this opposed to Richard Hoagland but I can't help but feel like we're acting like a bunch of Neanderthals, stepping out from our caves for the first time and just discovering fire!

This has been told for decades now. But now that it's getting more 'official' attention, I guess it becomes more eal-er.

There are a host of artifacts on both Mars and the Moon. How do I know this? I don't know. It's almost like I know not to play Frisbee on I-95. It's just instinctive. Not taught. Not learned. Not found. Just 'knowing'.

Enjoy the change because 'history' is about to be altered very shortly. We haven't been told or taught anything remotely close to the truth.

Amateur stargazers have discovered an intriguing object jutting out from the surface of Mars. The seemingly perfectly rectangular, upright structure, found in NASA images of the Red Planet, bears a striking resemblance to the monoliths planted on Earth and the moon by aliens in the classic sci-fi film "2001: A Space Odyssey."

The object in question was first spotted several years ago after being photographed by the HiRISE camera onboard the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, a NASA space probe; every so often, it garners renewed interest on the Internet. But is it unnatural — a beacon erected by aliens for mysterious reasons, and even more mysteriously paralleled in the imaginations of Stanley Kubrick and Arthur C. Clarke, creators of "2001"? Or is this rock the work of nature? [Photo ]

According to Jonathon Hill, a research technician and mission planner at the Mars Space Flight Facility at Arizona State University, who processes many of the images taken during NASA's Mars missions, the object in question is no more than a roughly rectangular boulder.

The HiRISE camera that photographed it has a resolution of approximately 1 foot (30 centimeters) per pixel — impressive considering the 180-mile (300-kilometer) altitude from which it photographs the Martian surface, but not quite sharp enough to capture the cragginess of a mid-size boulder. "When your resolution is too low to fully resolve an object, it tends to look rectangular because the pixels in the image are squares. Any curve will look like a series of straight lines if you reduce your resolution enough," Hill told Life's Little Mysteries. (more)

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Just posted this a few minutes ago. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pretty strange looking. Hopefully the fine ATSrs can shed some new light on the subject.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I thought that thing was on Phobos (Mars's moon), not Mars.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Arthur C Clarke is AWESOME!

MY GOD.............................it's full of stars!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311

Pretty strange looking. Hopefully the fine ATSrs can shed some new light on the subject.

Well we don't need two threads. I'll ask to have this one closed. Thanks

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

No worries, with it being on both livescience and yahoo I'm sure we will see at least 3 more today. lol

I'm just curious. ha ha no sooner than I wrote this a new one appeared. lol
edit on 12/4/12 by usmc0311 because: added content.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

I thought that thing was on Phobos (Mars's moon), not Mars.

There is a dome like monolith on Phobos as well.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Not sure why the MSM is picking up on very very old topics...they must be scouring ATS for news items now

ATS has been discussing this topic at length for a very long time

SEARCH reveals...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

....and more....

edit on April 12th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311

Closed.

top topics

join