It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is purposeless torture moral?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

That's not true and you know it.

You're speaking out your bum.

Please research this more thoroughly.

And I will pray for him as long as he's in my human memory, for him to have peace, and blessing, and comfort, and to eventually accept God as reality and Christ as his savior, before he perishes.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

And I will pray for him as long as he's in my human memory, for him to have peace, and blessing, and comfort, and to eventually accept God as reality and Christ as his savior, before he perishes.
Which part is not true? You didn't quote it so I don't know what you're answering to.

Next, when I said, "Do you agree with me that man is fallible?" You answered that you didn't agree with any of that. So, man is not fallible in your eyes?

Since we don't have any original writings, how can we tell how accurate what we have is?

edit on 12-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Man is fallible, God is not.

There are TONS of originals, go do the research.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

P.S. I have researched this. And yes, I do need to continue to research it, you are right. But, IMO, you should continue to research it too.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Man is fallible, God is not.

There are TONS of originals, go do the research.
Show me one original that we have, written by the author's own hand. It should be easy since there are tons. And....go....

Now, since you know that man is fallible, why did he trust man to write all this jazz down? Why didn't he write it down himself, and make it indestructible so that we could have it in our possession now. Matter of fact, why doesn't he just show up here and teach us?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Well, I was content to let this go but if you want to keep going... not much for me to do today.

God bless you as He has your entire life and until you breathe your last breath

There you go again, expressing your personal beliefs as facts. Do you not see how arrogant that is?

Flying spaghetti monster bless you too. He has your entire life and until you breathe your last breath.

There, see how arrogant that is of me to write? So what is the difference when you change the word I used to "God"

No difference except that you are blind to your arrogance.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Iason, this was written by a christian. A pentecostal to be more precise.

www.onenesspentecostal.com...

"We do not have the originals of any of the books in the Bible. Before the invention of the printing press, books (originally scrolls) were copied by hand. Many copies were made of the biblical books for use in the early churches. What we have today are actually copies of copies. As far as what happened to the actual originals, we don't know but they probably deteriorated from use. The Greek manuscripts which we do possess today are kept in various museums and institutions, mostly located in Europe but there are a few in the United States. Scholars now must compare the various Greek manuscripts we have to try and determine what the original said. This process is known as textual criticism. The standard Greek texts of the New Testament are the Nestle-Aland 27th edition and the United Bibles Societies' 4th edition. They both contain footnotes throughtout the text indicating where there are major differences between Greek manuscripts."

Now, did the holy spirit breath to you that there are TONS of originals, or was it indeed YOU who was speaking from his bum?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I am quite happy being agnostic. This is what bothers me about you, you profess to know what is best for people you have never met, never will and know nothing about. Then you profess to know the thoughts and words of God despite that being an impossibility. Keep your religion to yourself and keep my name out of your prayers.

Your arrogance is proving to know no bounds.
edit on 12-4-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

I'm blind to nothing.

My eyes are peeled wide open,

while yours seem to be glued wide shut,

Selah

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Yea, you got me... my eyes are glued shut.

If it makes you feel better to think that, be my guest.

From your very first post in this thread you have been making fun of other peoples religions, calling other religions deceptions, telling people their understanding of their religion is incorrect and generally being an insulting, aggressive, close minded zealot.

All in a days work I guess. I am sure your God is very proud of the way you are acting.

I admit I have been quite insulting as well, my saving grace is that it was in defense to your aggression. People like you are simply religious bullies. You hide behind your religion to excuse your bad behavior. Just face the facts, you can no sooner prove your religion any more than anyone else can prove their religion. If you can, I am waiting.

You can believe whatever you want to and I encourage you to do so but if you can't even fathom how your words and actions in this thread paint you as an overly aggressive arrogant close minded person than I honestly have nothing left to say to you.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

Of course Jesus is proud of my days work.

All morning and afternoon I was on here, wielding Gods mighty sword and shield against vast amounts of ignorance and deception.

You're right, all in a days work.

I love how you keep calling me names, but base every one of your accusations on the "fact" that the Book my worldview is based on is wrong.

Your like some pissant kid, who sees a bowl of green beans and refuses to try even one, and declares they are unedible because there green.

God help us

PS, nothing I've said makes me seem like an ignorant closed minded person, your own warped views are making you believe that.

If you'd look at some of my other posts, you'd realize I am far, far, FAR from closeminded OR ignorant.
edit on 4/12/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I have another interesting question to pose to you. Do you believe you are guided by the holy spirit in your understanding of the bible? If so, you have said that humans will not be tortured for all eternity in fire. But, most of your brothers in christ here on this site do believe that we will indeed be burned forever. So, which one of you is not being guided by the holy spirit in understanding the scriptures?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

lol

Please show me the post where I said that the book you base your worldview on is wrong? Good Luck because I never said any such thing.

I will sit here and wait for the quoted text and link.

I don't suppose any religion is right or wrong. Perhaps you do not know what the term agnostic means?

My accusations against you are based on your words and actions in this thread. If you like I CAN cite those if you like though I hardly think it is worth my time.

PS, I never said ignorant, I said arrogant. Big difference. I am not surprised you are so confused with what I have said to you seeing how every word I have spoken to you has fallen on deaf ears.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Destinyone

But does your "god" exist anywhere outside of your own mind?

Ours (mine, OP's, and yours) does.

My God has nothing to do with your Satan type of God.
Mine has morals.

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by Greatest I am

there are no evil people (humans). it is all spiritual. if someone becomes a murder for example, this person is "prepared" to do so. the "conditioning" starts very early in life. certain experiences and bad luck gives bad temper and control problems, which are "used" at a later point in life. there is no hell after death for the mortal human part, but maybe for something that is no flesh but spirit, that is with a human being.
human = mortal being.

Maybe!
You would bet your soul and follow a God that has no morals on a maybe?

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello
Obviously any torture is immoral. Maybe religious Christians justify it because it is the Devil doing the torturing and not Jesus.

I dunno, I see the point in your post though I wonder if it is a bit of a jump in logic. I wonder if they would actually endorse the Devil torturing people in hell or if rather they just see it as a natural consequence of sinning and rather than actually justifying it or endorsing it they simply see it as a matter of unavoidable fact.

Believing a soul would be tortured in hell and endorsing that a soul being tortured in hell as a just consequence are two different things. Interested to see where this goes.

www.youtube.com...

Better to shovel coal in hell than to spend eternity in heaven watching friends, neighbors and our children in torture and flame forever.
Only a sick mind would conceive of such a situation or wish it upon anyone. That is why God would not do such because then, heaven would be hell.
If those in heaven did not go insane then they could not have once been human or good.

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

But in all those years, people have rewritten your books multiple times. We don't need anymore "my God can beat up your God" stuff.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hydroman is dropping science +1

Iason is dropping fallacies +0

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Since we cease to exist, who cares? I don't remember anything before I was born, and I won't remember anything after I die. I'm fine with that.

you didn't exist before you were born, you exist now.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

edit on 12-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join