It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is purposeless torture moral?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

wow...

So I am the one who is expressing close mindedness and a narrow world view? Have you bothered to read a single post you have typed in this thread? lol... Have you ever heard the story of when the pot called the kettle black?

Are you by any chance a businessman? Do you make lots of money? You come off as that type....

Yea, you sure have me pegged down there.
Yea, I must be a businessman that makes a ton of money... that is the only reason I would have to be upset that you called other peoples religions a figment of their imagination and that your religious views are an absolute and undeniable fact.

I can see this conversation is going nowhere.
edit on 12-4-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by Hydroman

Because it testifies to the Divine Christ,

now go read the links I just posted.
If you read, the first 3 examples I showed all had Mary Magdalene in them. In one, the stone was already rolled away. In another, they saw an angel descend after a huge earthquake and watched him roll the stone away. Which did Mary Mags see?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

No it was just a guess. A lot of people with lots of money are stubborn, arrogant and ignorant, and you display those qualities overtly....

You can keep your mind turned off,

I'll keep mine tuned in,

thanks for playing

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I've answered this already and I'm not going to do your reading for you.

if you want to seek Him, you will,

I'm done here for a little while.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

When several professed witnesses to an event all give the same testimony in the same terms, this suggests collaboration is involved. But when several witnesses give different but reconcilable testimony leading to the same conclusion, this constitutes the strongest case for that conclusion. We believe the witnesses to the resurrection gave independent yet reconcilable testimony to that great event. This in conjunction with the testimony of prophecy and personal experience give what we believe to be a convincing case that Jesus was resurrected from the dead.

The ancient Romans and the ancient Greeks also had similar but slightly different mythology. They were independent yet reconcilable. Does that make a convincing case that they are correct? If not then you will have to find a stronger argument no?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

post erased...self censorship... what is the point in speaking when you are talking to a brick wall.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Roger wilco peace be with you

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I've answered this already and I'm not going to do your reading for you.

if you want to seek Him, you will,

I'm done here for a little while.
I'm sorry, I didn't see where you answered this. Which one did you say Mary Mags saw? Did she see the stone being rolled away by an angel, or was it already rolled away when she got there?

I also visited your links and they confirm what I've been saying. These authors were not inspired by a holy spirit in their writings. They wrote down what others told them. They did not witness any of this. This is not a word of a god. It is the word of man. That's why the stories differ.

Now, seeing that this is the word of man, is it so hard to believe that the rest of the bible is merely the word of man?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Never say never,

you're still breathing for a purpose,

how do you know two years from now you will not be a zealous believer in God?

Just pray and seek and look and keep your heart and mind open,

and don't give up hope,

God wants noone to perish
Hey, I'm open to that. If he reveals himself to me, that'd be awesome. Hopefully he's not the ass that the bible makes him out to be...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

It was written by men, worded for Gods glory and ordained by and through Him.

I am compelled to help you and I feel it necessary to keep trying to help lift the fog from your eyes,

Dang my compassion

And God bless you

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello

post erased...self censorship... what is the point in speaking when you are talking to a brick wall.
Good move, that was kind of mean.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Reworded for accuracy "hopefully hes not the ass that my personal (false, deceptive) interpretation of the bible leads me to falsely believe is truth"

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I agree, Though IMO he was insulting me quite a bit, there is no reason for me to return the favor. Well anymore than I have already. later gator

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

He's gotta point,

When someones foundation is God Almighty, there truly is no moving them,

my mighty Rock, my mighty Fortress, my refuge is God

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

It was written by men, worded for Gods glory and ordained by and through Him.

I am compelled to help you and I feel it necessary to keep trying to help lift the fog from your eyes,

Dang my compassion

And God bless you
You agree with me then that man is fallible, right? Do you also agree with me that their are no original writings (because there aren't)? Do you also agree that if your god is real, he has allowed many verses and books to be added, removed, edited, etc. all throughout time (because he has if he is real)? If has allowed these things, how do you know stories haven't been embellished since the beginning?

These things being possible, how do you trust any of it?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Peace be with you, God bless you as He has your entire life and until you breathe your last breath, I will pray for you regardless of if you want me to or not,

Amen

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Reworded for accuracy "hopefully hes not the ass that my personal (false, deceptive) interpretation of the bible leads me to falsely believe is truth"
Fair enough.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

No, I do not agree on any of that.

There are TONS of original writings,

and they are all in agreement with eachother.

Look into Biblical authenticity

www.godandscience.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Peace be with you, God bless you as He has your entire life and until you breathe your last breath, I will pray for you regardless of if you want me to or not,

Amen
You are really going to pray for him until you die? What are you going to pray about exactly?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

No, I do not agree on any of that.

There are TONS of original writings,

and they are all in agreement with eachother.

Look into Biblical authenticity

www.godandscience.org...
Actually, there are no original writings. What we have are copies of copies of copies. None of them are the original writings from the original authors' own hands.

Did you read the link you posted? It even says that there were few alterations. What does that tell you? If it happened then, it has always happened. Here's one example, Mark 16:9-20 does not exist in the earliest writings that we have.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join