It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reptilian Disclosure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Reptilian Disclosure

It sounds like the ultimate science fiction storyline: what if the dinosaurs weren't wiped-out by an asteroid impact 65 million years ago? Perhaps they'd still be alive today, in an advanced evolutionary state, developing their space program and their own asteroid impact mitigation strategies. Sadly for us, this would have probably meant that mammals wouldn't have gotten a foothold and the fledgling human race would have become glorified dino-chum.

What say you!?

I smell a solid movie/videogame franchise.
edit on 4/12/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Two words:

Opposable thumbs.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Its an interesting idea to ponder. Certainly as plausible as anything else in the galaxy and beyond.

Anyone that is interested in this stuff should check out the authors website. Some interesting looks at the stuff we love to talk about on ATS.

www.astroengine.com...

Hell he might even be a member here. If so, I am a fan of the site

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Interesting story, however, in order to become somewhat more advanced you would have had to develop a bigger brain and build more technological complex structures such as a rocket ship. Unless there was another type of dinosaur/human hybrid walking around, I cant imagine a T-rex building any kind of space shuttle.

Which brings me to the next question where they say that Dinosaurs just happened to live on Earth. Does anyone know if they actually contributed anything to the planet? Was their existance in some kind of way helpful to the developement... I always wondered that.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Considering that we evolved from reptiles.

It's pretty likely.

But would it be honest to consider humans intelligent?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Star Trek Voyager season 3 from 1997. "Distant Origin".

A saurian scientist finds the remains of a Voyager crewman who died on the planet where the crew was exiled by the Kazon during the two-part episode "Basics". An analysis of the remains' DNA shows links to his own DNA. While tracking and studying the Voyager crew, the scientist and his aide are discovered; they eventually pool their knowledge and conclude that the saurian is an evolved dinosaur from a species that left Earth more than 65 million years earlier. The scientist is thrilled to be able to prove his Distant Origin theory (that his saurian race originated elsewhere in the galaxy), but the rulers of his society place him on trial for heresy against the doctrinal teachings of their heritage, the central tenet being that they originated in the Delta Quadrant. The outcome of that trial threatens the Voyager crew as well.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
Interesting story, however, in order to become somewhat more advanced you would have had to develop a bigger brain

Although a great deal of scientists think that having a bigger brain makes you smarter, in some cases thats not true at all.

Neurons are unimaginably tiny, so having a small brain with 1000 billion neurons would not make you anything near an idiot.

Also, this threads title is weird.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I Unless there was another type of dinosaur/human hybrid walking around,

Yes, they exist.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas

Interesting story, however, in order to become somewhat more advanced you would have had to develop a bigger brain

Although a great deal of scientists think that having a bigger brain makes you smarter, in some cases thats not true at all.

Neurons are unimaginably tiny, so having a small brain with 1000 billion neurons would not make you anything near an idiot.

Also, this threads title is weird.

Take a look at crows for instance. Crows are remarkably intelligent and their brains are not very large at all.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Which brings me to the next question where they say that Dinosaurs just happened to live on Earth. Does anyone know if they actually contributed anything to the planet? Was their existance in some kind of way helpful to the developement... I always wondered that.

Prey tell, what have humans contributed to the planet? Serious question.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y

Yes, they exist.
Lmao, I hope you're joking.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

I hope you think that I am joking.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

But would it be honest to consider humans intelligent?

As a resident of Delaware I present Joe Biden as evidence that not all human are intelligent.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y

I hope you think that I am joking.
Yes, yes I do.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
i wonder how the r complex got in our brain the reptile complex .skin like a pig genes of a ape backbone of a fish 30% vegetable part mouse the mind boggles grin
its a mystery

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Then we are on the same wave length. Yes.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by camus154
Two words:

Opposable thumbs.

holy moly you beat me to it, lol

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

Vid Description:

A T-Rex almost gives up the hunt for human prey - until it hears one insult its "walnut-sized brain."

edit on 4/15/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Dinosaurs had millions of years to get smarter, the extent of their intellectual growth was small ones hunting in packs. They were a doomed life form from their very evolutionary progress, to grow bigger and evolve into more efficient eating machines. Taken to it's ultimate progression, the splitting of Pangea into separate continents divided by oceans sealed their fate, of being cold blooded and susceptible to environmental changes.

Now think for a minute how agile you would be with scales and claws at handling tools to build very complex technology, when you probably couldn't even hold a screwdriver.

new topics

top topics

join