It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Christians Never Be Angry?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
The question wasn't if it was "destructive" or not, but if it was righteous or not. All judgment by definition is destructive, Jesus trashed the money-changer's tables and beat them with whips.

So, re-watch the video and tell me if it was "righteous" or not, God is Holy, and Just.

I'm unable to watch the video at work, so I was just replying to your general questions. You did ask if it was okay if God could get angry, did you not? I think my answer was in the realm of on-topic.

As for the claim of it being righteous or not, if it's considered righteous for God to retaliate in anger by killing thousands of people, then no, it's not righteous. It's an appeal to force, or might makes right.

I'll wait till you watch, reflect, and respond again... I appreciate your desire to participate though friend.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

In short yes it is ok to be angry for the right reasons ...Its not ok to respond inappropriately ...I remember one day I got a letter from a teacher telling me what my son did at school ..He stole something and was rude to the teacher ..It made me angry of course but I took the time to cool my thoughts and measure out what I thought was appropriate measures to take ..I didn't want to show anger to my child but instead showed disappointment instead,and took the time to explain how and why it was wrong ..People tell me now that my boy who now is a man is very respectful guy ..I could go into being angry and getting mad but I had to confess that to the Lord and know it will never come up again ...Thanks NuT and I was only kidding about being angry about the broken link ...peace

edit on 12-4-2012 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

LOL, good answer. I read your post wrong, I thought you said you were struggling with an anger problem from today and was interested in hearing the info, not that you were mad about the info.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join