It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Christians Never Be Angry?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

If he was omniscient as people claim, he should have seen it coming.

He did, that's why He went there. The question was not about omniscience, or "destruction", but in the context of "righteous" or "unrighteous".

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ezekielken
When we all forgive our creator, then possibly things might fair better for our multi/omni/uni-verse. 4th line?

Failed step #1.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by olderthanb4
The god as people refer to of the ot wasn't the Divine creator. That thing whatever it was had some serious issues very much just like us humans do.
The Divine Source isn't external that speaks to the other gods which weren't gods at all. Look they have become like us to know good and evil. What bull that is. Its a man made story that never happened.
We, and everything is of the divine source in us as us. We don't have a soul; we are a soul with a body. Thery're are what people call gods out there somewhere in the universe, but they're not the creator that can't be compared to a thing called god.
The bible is a mixture of a few truths with a whole lot of lies.
There shouldn't be such a thing as christians. They follow their god of the sky, and not the divine source within them.

Failed step #1 in op.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

"So in 100 years, I'll choose a righteous man and his family to ride on a boat while I flood the Earth and kill everyone on the planet to rid it of wickedness. Oh, I forgot, I'm going to be extremely upset with my disobedint children when I do this so later on people will think my behavior was justified. Then, when my chosen one gets drunk and lay naked in his tent, I'll retaliate and curse Ham's generation for not covering up his naked father which I'll allow to happen. It is my plan after all."

God didn't flood the Earth because of sin, it was because of the Nephillim. Had God merely wanted to rid the world of sinners He could have killed Adam and Eve in the garden before they sinned again. Methuselah was the last human to die before the flood. The Nephilim were the demi-god offspring from Genesis 6. Satan tried to populate the entire Earth and mankind's DNA so the messiah couldn't come and "crush his head".

edit on 12-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by NOTurTypical

There is nothing wrong with being angry. Anger is normal.
It's only wrong when that anger causes you to sin.

P.S. the bible doesn't say " your not supposed to be angry"

I know this. I'm trying to get folks to see the difference between righteous anger and unrighteous anger.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Should Christians Never Be Angry?

I don't think we have that much say-so on the subject. Yes, we are taught to turn the other cheek and show compassion and understanding, but still, we are JUST human. We will get mad.

We will get occasionally angry and in any moment of extreme emotions, we have to reach deep or lose the moment.

Christians are not exempt from negative emotions.

failed step #1 in op.

The issue here is righteous anger, or unrighteous anger.

Go back and watch the video, then contemplate and reply friend.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

-Keeping his own anger in check [how does he 'feel' anger anyway, he has no endocrine system????

My God, this isn't about anger in an umbrella sense, this is about unrighteous and righteous anger.

You failed step #1 in the op, go back and watch the video, contemplate and respond.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkey
I don't like when Christians get angry (or people in general) they tend to resort to violence the first chance they get.
It's funny as soon as anyone can know they can get away with something, God goes out the window.

That's not true for one thing, and for 2 you didn't follow step #1 in the OP.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by Hecate666

Why does someone always come in and trash God or Christianity?
"Christianity" is the general topic but you couldn't be more off topic.

Failure to follow step #1 of the OP.

Don't get mad, it happens all the time when I post a read/reflect/respond thread.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Wait, wasn't it his plan from the beginning to be sacrificed, or was that a random occurrence?

Next, when did he reveal himself to the entire world? Are you talking about Jesus? Did the whole world see him?

Failed step #1 in the OP, this is about righteous or unrighteous anger, not anger in an umbrella sense.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
reply to post by GmoS719

Yeah, sorry, forgot to add that I wrote all of the above because OP wanted to know if x-tians are allowed to be angry. My point [totally on target] was:
Yes

But as they call themselves x-tians and as the OP needs to askthe question, I can only assume that the doubt comes from the FACT that x-tians are somewhat different BECAUSE they believe in a god. SO I listed the shortcomings of their god and tell them that they can be as angry as they like!

You didn't however follow step #1 so technically you're off-topic. I'm glad you want to share, but go back and read/reflect/respond to the topic please.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

The vid is not working for me ..I am angry but ,thank you for this post as I want to be constructive with my anger ....fix the darn link ...peace

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Anger towards sin is not restricted, in fact, Jesus was filled with a "rightious indignance" during his destruction of the the tables and sales desks men in the Temple were using to sell wares in an unfair manner.

Many times in the Bible you will see referance to God's wrath or rising his holy anger towards people's sin and attitudes towards others.
edit on 12-4-2012 by IronArm because: Wrong wording

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Failed step #1 in the OP, this is about righteous or unrighteous anger, not anger in an umbrella sense.
Sorry, I was responding to Iason. Sure, christians have a right to get angry. They're human like everyone else.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The question wasn't if it was "destructive" or not, but if it was righteous or not. All judgment by definition is destructive, Jesus trashed the money-changer's tables and beat them with whips.

So, re-watch the video and tell me if it was "righteous" or not, God is Holy, and Just.

I'm unable to watch the video at work, so I was just replying to your general questions. You did ask if it was okay if God could get angry, did you not? I think my answer was in the realm of on-topic.

As for the claim of it being righteous or not, if it's considered righteous for God to retaliate in anger by killing thousands of people, then no, it's not righteous. It's an appeal to force, or might makes right.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

He's got it all planned out from the beginning to the end,

it all comes together for Good and to His Glory, and all is unfolding perfectly according to His plan,

every person on earth is exactly where they should be right now, doing exactly what was ordained of them before the foundations of the earth were laid...

That is my sentiment. To answer the OP, i don't believe Christians should get angry ( it's harder said than done, let me explicate in a few short words.)

Why Christians shouldn't get angry: Have faith in God's plan.

If we were of this world, I understand that it is "right" for a Christian to be angered whenever we feel threatened, ridiculed, mocked, persecuted, but we are not of this world. How are we going to fight evil, with evil?
edit on 12-4-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The So Called Christians are going to be very angry when they find out the degrees to which they have been deceived and taken advantage of. There is going to be Hell to Pay as the Deceptions of the Organized Churches becomes obvious to everyone in the End Times.

www.youtube.com...

Preachers are going to become considered Deceivers in the End-Times, as the delivered people into the pits of Hell where all they were told was a massive lie. imho

Moses and Jethro worshipped Volcanic items near Midian.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1

The vid is not working for me ..I am angry but ,thank you for this post as I want to be constructive with my anger ....fix the darn link ...peace

Interesting, let me check. It's probably too late to change the OP, but I'll post it here:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronArm
Anger towards sin is not restricted, in fact, Jesus was filled with a "rightious indignance" during his destruction of the the tables and sales desks men in the Temple were using to sell wares in an unfair manner.

Many times in the Bible you will see referance to God's wrath or rising his holy anger towards people's sin and attitudes towards others.

Yes correct. So would you say it's fair to judge God knowing He gets angry for the same righteous reasons we ourselves get angry for being created in His image and likeness?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Sorry, I was responding to Iason. Sure, christians have a right to get angry. They're human like everyone else.

Step #1 is the video

#2 is reflect for a few

#3 is respond to the theme of the OP.

It's okay if you wish to make a response to another poster, but please refrain from commenting on the OP since that's off topic without following the directions within it. This isn't a rant and respond thread, it's like a tiny class on righteous and unrighteous anger and the difference between.

You cannot take the final unless you first take the class basically.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join