It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz Backs Out of Islamist Event After Blowback

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Liar Liar Pants on Fire!! Your nose is as long as a telephone wire!

Shame on you Debbie

DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz, who was scheduled to give the keynote address at a fundraiser hosted by an American Muslim on the Federal Terrorist Watch List, is backing out. Called out by her Republican opponent Joe Kaufman, Wasserman Schultz’s spokesman issued a statement that “there was a miscommunication, she is not speaking to the organization … we never agreed to do a fundraiser, nor this event.” But, as usual, Wasserman Schultz is lying. You can see the flyer here.

Ahhh the classic miscommunication defense... much like the well touted "I misspoke" defense.

Debbie! You were supposed to be THE keynote Speaker.

The event, which was to raise funds for EMERGE USA, is to be hosted by Khurrum Wahid, an attorney who has defended immigrants detained for questioning in the wake of the 9/11 attacks as well as a man convicted of plotting a subway station bombing. Wahid currently represents imams who are accused of providing material support to the Pakistani Taliban.

www.breitbart.com...

more
creepingsharia.wordpress.com...

The woman is the DNC Chair for Pete's Sake.

Emerge USA is yet another Community Organizing group aimed at (voting) wonder if they have links to ACORN?

The broad goal of Emerge USA is to take the Muslim, South Asian and Arab American (MASA) communities and other underrepresented communities and training them on how to engage the political party structure so that instead of hoping to have our voices heard from the outside we can guarantee our voices will echo loudly on the inside. Emerge carries out its mission through three unique lines of programming: Emerging Voters, Emerging Data and Emerging Leaders. Each of these is described in more detail below.

emerge-usa.org...

The co-founder and former Executive Director of EMERGE, Farooq Mitha, has spoken at events sponsored by the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), an organization that has been named by the U.S. Justice Department as a party to the financing of Hamas, and the Center for American progress (CAP), an Obama-linked group that has been widely condemned for its propagation of anti-Semitism.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

i agree! shame on debbie!
she should have the courage to stand up for what she believes in, not cater to a small but vocal group of ignorant religious extremists. showing support for a misunderstood, misrepresented group of U.S. citizens and immigrants takes a backbone which wasserman-shultz, the OP and a good chunk of the American public so clearly lack these days. it's a sad state of affairs when simply being affiliated with a particular religious or ethnic group is grounds for isolation, contempt and possibly worse. I may be making an assumptive leap here, but OP, how would you feel about a targeted drone strike at this event? would that be justified in your mind because they gave some money to Hamas?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
the only thing that psycho needs to worry about is getting her hands on some hair gel and a straightner for that head of hers. eeek

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
the only thing that psycho needs to worry about is getting her hands on some hair gel and a straightner for that head of hers. eeek

I think she should also go to Wal-Mart and case a six pack of common sense.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

YES!!! That would be fine.....
2nd

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston
reply to post by jibeho

i agree! shame on debbie!
she should have the courage to stand up for what she believes in, not cater to a small but vocal group of ignorant religious extremists. showing support for a misunderstood, misrepresented group of U.S. citizens and immigrants takes a backbone which wasserman-shultz, the OP and a good chunk of the American public so clearly lack these days. it's a sad state of affairs when simply being affiliated with a particular religious or ethnic group is grounds for isolation, contempt and possibly worse. I may be making an assumptive leap here, but OP, how would you feel about a targeted drone strike at this event? would that be justified in your mind because they gave some money to Hamas?

This is an organization led by anti Semites. Schultz is Jewish. She got busted and backed out immediately. Her lack of conviction should apply to the fact that she initially accepted the invite to this event in the first place. She is willing to turn her back on Israel for whatever political gain she can glean.

Misunderstood and misrepresented Group? Better think again. They have more political cheerleaders in their court than you think.

Facts are facts about this group and their leaders. Debbie was just out to troll for more votes.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

we can def agree on one thing; a politician will jump at the chance to troll for votes!
i missed the whole anti-semite angle on their website, i guess. that just proves that politicians are inept and can't even be bothered to run a quick google search background check on potential donors.
I still stand by the original intent of my post however. I think that the whole anti-islam thing is getting out of hand and any decent leader would reach out to the peaceful muslim community (yes, no matter what Rush and Hannity say, there ARE peaceful muslims).

top topics

join