Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Danger to the world that Putin poses.

page: 1
1

log in

join

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Today, the rest of the world had saw how Putin gained power, yet again. It had ben through widespread electoral fraud. That it could even happen goes to show how far Putin and his goons will go, to remain in power.

From history of dictatorships, mankind are now more aware of the pitfalls of dictatorships. It had always ended up badly, for mankind. Putin is yet trying to repeat history. Within him lays absolute power. All kneels to him, or have to. There are no check and balances. The legislatives are mere rubber stamps. Remember, he committed electoral fraud to usurp power. Having broken the ceiling glass of conscience, what is another crime to him anyway?

'Kill one and it's murder. Murder thousands and it's only statistics', so said another dictator from Russia - Stalin. Such are the beliefs of tyrants. No mortal is perfect. We humans are all flawed. But to have absolute power, more so NUKE in the hands of a dictator, is asking for trouble one day for all of humanity including russian citizens.

With one stroke of a pen, the dictator can destroy a russian citizen or nations. Putin may seemed a good man to some, or even necessary, but as an only flawed human, worse when he had committed massive fraud at the beginning stage, will only spell disaster later, for there is nothing that he will not do to hold on to power even if it had been mistakes, more so as he is aging and would eventually get senile.

Some, espacially leaders from authoritarian states, claimed that USA style of politics - democracy, with checks and balances, will only get a country gridlock, where nothing can be done, all come a standstill, and the nation collapsing.

But nothing is further than the truth in that. America is nicely balanced between the Republicans and the Democrats. Some may presume that both parties will pettily prevent each other from getting an upperhand with power, voting against each other, even if a legislation that will benefit the nation, so that it will not get passed.

That is far too simplistic. In reality, each party will have to do more to convince the electorate on the reasons for their stand, for at the end of the day, their seat in congress comes with a vote. Either they convince the masses or if failed, they will get convinced by the masses, by being booted out of congress the next election,or even before. That's the power of democracy.

Legislation gets honestly discussed, and debated, by all concerned citizens, participated by the nation. And when a legislation is passed, either by congress or by the veto of a President, it has the backing of the majority whom had used the sacred votes to put the elected into power by an honest election.

If the legislation was a mistake or flawed, it can still be changed later within a democracy, to correct and to progress, and legislatives and even the President held accountable. If the legislation was necessary and correct, and had benefited the nation, those legislatives will be forevered hailed or have images of them carved out on mountains.

Unfortunately, Russia is not USA. Putin, the fraud and a dictator, rules in Russia today. He alone dictates policies, including economic and foreign policies which will affect the world. Our fellow human brothers and sisters whom are russian citizens, had suffered under numerous dictators for centuries, and saw slaughter and fear, pain and suffering on a massive scale in recent decades. May they be one day free......




posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Do you have proof of "massive fraud"?

Have a look at America. They admit electoral fraud is common practice.

Putin seems a better human than any leader in the US.

When Gaddaffi was murdered America run the snuff clip non-stop on TV and Hillary Clinton makes jokes. By contrast Putin said he was shocked that the West would run these images triumphantly. America is morally and ethically debased. It really is the great satan. Why cant you see that?
edit on 12-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
Do you have proof of "massive fraud"?

Have a look at America. They admit electerol fraud is common practice.

Putin seems a better human than any leader in the US.

When Gaddaffi was murdered America run the snuff clip non-stop on TV and Hillary Clinton makes jokes. By contrast Putin said he was shocked that the West would run these images triumphantly. America is morally and ethically debased. It really is the great satan. Why cant you see that?


i wouldn't have said it better



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101
 


How many Russians do you actually know, OP? First-of-all there wasn't widespread vote rigging. This may come as a surprise, but the media is not very trustworthy. Putin would have won even if there were stuffed ballots for the opposition. His competition was a joke.

Of course, you could complain that Putin's victory was guaranteed by not allowing any meaningful opposition, but that sounds a whole lot like the good 'ole USofA to me.

I will agree with you that Putin wants too much power, but Russians typically like a strong leader and that's how democracy works.



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
Do you have proof of "massive fraud"?

Have a look at America. They admit electoral fraud is common practice.

Putin seems a better human than any leader in the US.

When Gaddaffi was murdered America run the snuff clip non-stop on TV and Hillary Clinton makes jokes. By contrast Putin said he was shocked that the West would run these images triumphantly. America is morally and ethically debased. It really is the great satan. Why cant you see that?
edit on 12-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)


you hit the nail on the head pretty much as far as america is concerned, but still, Putin in power again, this should be interesting. If there ever was an antichrist, I believe Putin could be it, or something of the equal. That man scares me.
edit on 12/4/12 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This thread was either written by a bitter citizen of the USA, who still fears the communists behind every trashcan, while his country is going bankrupt and is transforming into a totalitarian police state, or he is simply a shill trying to spread anti Putin propaganda.

Complete and utter nonsense with no proof for his claims.



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88
This thread was either written by a bitter citizen of the USA, who still fears the communists behind every trashcan, while his country is going bankrupt and is transforming into a totalitarian police state, or he is simply a shill trying to spread anti Putin propaganda.

Complete and utter nonsense with no proof for his claims.


I actually thought he may be an anti-American giving us some strawman to set fire to.



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101
 


You are spot on. This man's human rights record is abysmal. There is no friend to him among the former Soviet block countries. They have run to NATO and compromised themselves in order to have a defense against this man. His origins are misty and his past is down a darkened hall.

America, right now, has its' own problems. The government has been hijacked. I believe that Putin was ladled from the same punch bowl as our leaders and there will be some vying for global dominance. But, yeah, you're right in your assessment.



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ALF88
 

yes i have often wondered as to why the americans are so terrified of communism ,
their own country is ruled by corrupt people in the government , americans should sort out their country first before trying to rule the world .



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

you hit the nail on the head pretty much as far as america is concerned, but still, Putin in power again, this should be interesting. If there ever was an antichrist, I believe Putin could be it, or something of the equal. That man scares me


I understand your concerns.

Some on this thread had asked me for evidences of election fraud. I could easily provide hundreds, if not thousands, of youtube, opinions, blogs, alone from trusted media. But human nature is such:- they only see what they wish they see, and would come out with thousands of lame excuses to write off evidences. Delusions are often comfort and solace, rather than truths and realities that brings much pain, for one's beliefs will be shattered and torn.

I will spare them their pain. The insignificant nobody me do have compassion. It is not them that I sought to convince, but those whom have yet to comprehend situations on hand, to share some insights, never to impose for I respect all mankind's free will.

Dictators are truly fearsome. As our modern generation, through the benefit and priviledge of education, we realized how flawed mortals we are, and shed tears for our ancestors whom had suffered under tyranny from monarchs and dictators for centuries.

But many of our ancestors, even as slaves or serf, had never feared for we knew responsible freedom was a Creator given right, just as His civilisational laws were given to guide us to progress and evolution.

For centuries since the beginning of civilisation, many of our ancestors had fought, and today, the result is us living in the free world, with education and shared common values despite tyrannies attempt at the policies of division to conquer humanity and enslaved us all.

Alone, you and I have no power to fight tyranny. But when we discuss, debate and find solutions with our families, relatives and friends, to seek for the truth, change or be changed for the better, we will be able to triumph, just as our courageous ancestors and forefathers had done, if not for ourselves, it will be for the innocent next generations. Today, through education and mass media, there is hope. As long as there is hope, the journey of gifted precious life will never end, and will triumph against adversity in any form.

Take heart, and fear not. Bravely confront them. Change is possible, for we are rational humans, ruled by logic and reason unlike animals and beasts. It begins with you and me, today, for progress and evolution of mankind. It's our turn now.....




posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   


Delusions are often comfort and solace, rather than truths and realities that brings much pain,
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101
 


You got that right


So your proof is opinion? hmmm

This guy nailed it (killuminati2012)



First-of-all there wasn't widespread vote rigging. This may come as a surprise, but the media is not very trustworthy. Putin would have won even if there were stuffed ballots for the opposition. His competition was a joke.


His competition was a joke. Who are you suggesting would have beaten him? Who has been robbed? Do you even know who he was running against without using google?

edit on 12-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Some on this thread had asked me for evidences of election fraud. I could easily provide hundreds, if not thousands, of youtube, opinions, blogs, alone from trusted media. But human nature is such:- they only see what they wish they see, and would come out with thousands of lame excuses to write off evidences. Delusions are often comfort and solace, rather than truths and realities that brings much pain, for one's beliefs will be shattered and torn.

I will spare them their pain. The insignificant nobody me do have compassion. It is not them that I sought to convince, but those whom have yet to comprehend situations on hand, to share some insights, never to impose for I respect all mankind's free will.

Dictators are truly fearsome. As our modern generation, through the benefit and priviledge of education, we realized how flawed mortals we are, and shed tears for our ancestors whom had suffered under tyranny from monarchs and dictators for centuries.

But many of our ancestors, even as slaves or serf, had never feared for we knew responsible freedom was a Creator given right, just as His civilisational laws were given to guide us to progress and evolution.

For centuries since the beginning of civilisation, many of our ancestors had fought, and today, the result is us living in the free world, with education and shared common values despite tyrannies attempt at the policies of division to conquer humanity and enslaved us all.

Alone, you and I have no power to fight tyranny. But when we discuss, debate and find solutions with our families, relatives and friends, to seek for the truth, change or be changed for the better, we will be able to triumph, just as our courageous ancestors and forefathers had done, if not for ourselves, it will be for the innocent next generations. Today, through education and mass media, there is hope. As long as there is hope, the journey of gifted precious life will never end, and will triumph against adversity in any form.

Take heart, and fear not. Bravely confront them. Change is possible, for we are rational humans, ruled by logic and reason unlike animals and beasts. It begins with you and me, today, for progress and evolution of mankind. It's our turn now.....



Oh I see, only you hold the real truth in your hand. How stupid of me to question your nonsense. For your hundreds of youtube, blogs and opinions, the other side can provide hundreds of opinions, youtube, blogs and more to prove the US tried to massively influence the Russian elections and that includes instigating protests against Putin just like they do it in all other countries the call their enemies. In fact, opposed to your vote rigging claims, this has been PROVEN! It is a FACT!

By the way do you know from which "democracy" the people came, who were observing the elections?


If you are looking for tyranny, a police state, a dictator, a totalitarian state, look at the US. Start minding your own business, before you mess around with other countries. Get your own house in order, before you criticize other countries. That is the main reason why the US government has lost any credibility in the world.
edit on 13-4-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Some will claim non-citizens have no right to even comment on another country.

Unfortunately, we are no longer living in jungles, but in civilised societies sharing a planet. What happens on one continent will ultimately affect another, more so if that continent chooses not to honour civilised rules, human rights and rule of law.

It is indeed true that no country on our planet is a paradise, and have problems of their own to solve. But very often, there are external problems to adds on to one's nation woes. Take for example the cheap/slave labour issue and the theft of tech by China. Need I go on?

Step into the shoes of a Syrian civilian who is pleading for international help from his monster ruler hell bent on killing him and his loved ones. Other nations are prepared to help, but Russia vetoed the UN security council resolution. Russian tyranny is a problem to him, who is only human and our fellow brother.

Step into the shoes of a concerned humanity who had witnessed the failings of man-made nuke reactors around the world. If the containment of nuke energy fails in Fukishima, radio-active isotopes will encircle the world, destroying lives and crops in many nations. Humanity is ready to talk, and yet Iran, whom had NOT allow even inspections at the nuke sites, bluffed their world through delays into far enrichment of uranium, has no concern or care.

It is better we comment, discuss and debate with families, relatives and friends which makes up our society and world, for the world is closely linked today, to find the truth. Ignorances, delusion or wilful belligerance will only lead us to the path of violence. doom and destruction.

The insignificant nobody me, or anyone else here, is not the epitome of truth or even of anything, but only a seeker, here to share realities with all without fear or favor. May each excercize one's free will responsibly....



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Isn't Putin just a figurehead with no real power ...





new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join