It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any real life action heroes like in the movies in history and current events?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Are there any real life action heroes types like in the movies in history and current events?

what I mean by action hero types I meant the following : A police/secret/ soldier that got into firefights a lot, solves problems the hard way rather than peacefully, foil an evil plot or something heroic and save a lot of beautiful women and have a love interest in the end?

I know it's sounds crazy but I have been pondering about this for a while.

Post the real life action hero you found here
edit on 12-4-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well if they allow psychic remote viewers to be shown publicly on mainstream television, I wouldn't be surprised if there are people with supernatural abilities &/or that possess "hero" qualities.

With whats going on in the world as of late, hero's are gonna start rising in public.

Access your spirit gifts! We all have incredible abilities.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Are there any real life action heroes types like in the movies in history and current events?

what I mean by action hero types I meant the following : A police/secret/ soldier that got into firefights a lot, solves problems the hard way rather than peacefully, foil an evil plot or something heroic and save a lot of beautiful women and have a love interest in the end?

A true hero doesn't look for publicity, and their identities and deeds are usually unknown, just like in your comic books, etc.

I'm sure there are many out there deserving of the title "action hero," I just don't know who they are. (Regardless, I salute them)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

But we have people like Audie Murphy that were famous action heroes in real life.

Murphy went into a rage and single-handedly wiped out the German machine gun crew which had just killed his friend.[1] He then used the German machine gun and grenades to destroy several other nearby enemy positions.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Not really a super hero but...

Places named after him include Batman’s Hill, Batman Ridge, and Batman Park. John Batman was an Australian farmer who founded Melbourne, Australia in the province of Victoria. He was also a businessman and explorer. Batman tried to get land grants in the Western Port area, but South Wales colonial leaders rejected them. Batman sailed to the Port Phillips area as a leader of the Port Phillip Association and explored the land. He found the current sight of Melbourne and declared it “Batmania.” He made a treaty called the Batman Treaty with the Aborigines in June 1835. The governor deemed the treaty invalid, because the land was seen as claim to the crown and not the Aborigine people.

Source

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Look up and read about Medal of Honor recipients, they are as close as you can get.
Then there are these guys:

Link

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Yes. Firemen and policemen. They run towards danger when others run away.
Our men and women in military uniform.
They are all super heroes to me.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
che guevara.
from a young medical student to a revolutionary.
they only exist in history because they usually die.
as for heroes today i think we're lacking.
we all can do heroic deeds but few are willing to die for what is right, a real hero sacrifcies himself for what is right

edit on 12/4/2012 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Sure, there are real live super heroes today, and they don't need to be waving around guns, or talking tough be one either. We don't see them because we are to busy admiring plastic celebrities, and hoarding money, to see that the real heroes are the silent salt of the earth types, that would rather deflect the spotlight, than shine in it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
what about Paddy Maine the first SAS super soldier he was like rambo with an irish accent

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Audie Murphy was a great example.
They do exist, and he's the first one I could think of also.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

A true hero doesn't look for publicity, and their identities and deeds are usually unknown, just like in your comic books, etc.

I'm sure there are many out there deserving of the title "action hero," I just don't know who they are. (Regardless, I salute them)

People like this guy:
www.nytimes.com...

THATS a hero.. but I get what the OP is asking.. Audie gets my nomination as well.

I cried like a baby and I dont cry for things typically.. concerning a special about this hero soldier. THIS is a hero.. no doubt about it.
"Under withering fire, Sergeant Miller charged forward and drew fire away from his fellow soldiers. Even after he was shot, he continued returning fire to allow his team to pull back." Thats sacrifice for cause.. the lives of others. He DREW fire to his own body knowing he would die. Damn..
www.nytimes.com...

top topics

join