It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to Vice President Biden ... Senator Al Franken leading legal scholar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Sad state of affairs in our country is in when a sitting vice-president ( and I would say this for whatever party was in power and whatever vice-president said this) calls a former Saturday night live comedian "leading legal scholar. " Can someone give me Senator Frankens creditbility for being a U.S. Senator, maybe I would have a chance to become one.
How did we get to this extent of intellectual deterioration for this country?

Joel Gerhke

Vice President Joe Biden described former Saturday Night Live comedian, Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., as a "leading legal scholar," presumably in the Senate, today.

"He has been one of the leading legal scholars," Biden said of Franken today, according to the pool report. He also said that Franken "is deadly serious" as a senator. He made the comments while recalling concerns that then-candidate Franken could not be taken seriously as a Senate candidate given his SNL work.

edit on 12-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: Change

edit on 12-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

All I can say is "it takes one to know one."

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

So you don't like Al?

Maybe he is one of Americas leading....

The people of Minnesota seem to like him, I would ask one of them if he's qualified. Oh, I guess they decided he was during the election. They also put Jesse Ventura into the Gov's office. Both are kind of surprising if you ever spent any time there. I mean this is Garrison Keeler land.

Oh BTW, we are all qualified to do what Al and Jesse have done, after all we are supposed to be the bosses.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

I never said I didn't like Al. I just don't see where he's qualified to pass any laws, anymore then I did Jesse Ventura. I know that technically we should all have been doing the right thing and being up in D.C. but do you think any corporations or elitist type, especially the special interest groups or the unions, would have let that happen? Politics have unfortunately become a rich man's game.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Next time Al Franken is in a political debate with someone - - - pay attention.

The man knows his stuff.

top topics

join