It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D Visualization of the North Korean Rocket Launch: (See why this is a BIG deal)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

As tensions rise ahead of the planned North Korean launch of their Kwangmyongsong-3 ("Bright Shining Star-3") satellite, there is extreme skepticism that the Unha-3 rocket was built for peaceful operations at all. The 30-meter (100-ft) long vehicle could be a ballistic missile developed to delver warheads. But the official word from Pyongyang is that the rocket is being used to launch an observational satellite intended to monitor North Korean forests, natural disasters and weather monitoring. So, this is all the information the world has to go on.

In an effort to model the launch of the Unha-3 rocket, the visualization company Analytical Graphics, Inc. (AGI) has produced a cool animation showing the planned launch trajectory advertised by the North Korean government The visualization begins shortly after launch from Sohae Satellite Launching Station in the Cholsan County of North Phyongan Province. The launch site is only 35 miles (50 kilometers) from the city of Dandong on the Chinese border.

Source: news.discovery.com...=rssnws1

I have to say that I really did not care too much about this most Chest Beating by the North K's but I have to say, they have come along way baby. If S... was going start, this would be a good way. Drop a bomb on Japan, the Phillipean islands or Aussies.... kick it off with a bang.

I would have to say the local in the area should be worried. If the USA or West or even Eastern powers have any sense and the abilitiy, don't let the rocket off the launch pad.

From what I gather, this is the final testing rocket that the N.K's are firing for the Iranians. Just a matter of time.

I find it interesting the US sent troops to the northern part of AussieLand.... just last week.... hmmm. I wonder what they might be up to today.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I really believe the only thing keeping them from firing the missile right now is that they realize missiles would rain down on their country in immediate retaliation. I fear once they figure out how to avoid that it is missiles away!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I have been following this story for some time, and launch time is almost upon us and I think that if north korea was to make a move on S Korea they would do it with this missle. I hope I am wrong because I see this becoming more than a war between the North and South.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by starks1089

I have to agree with the North/South angle. The North really can't fight anyone else-right now. So....

And, more US resources being tired up.

Tic, Tic, Tic.....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Don't you just love Western double standards?

Trident Ripple Missile Launch

Whys that ok, and the NK one not?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Whys that ok, and the NK one not?

I think I can answer, or at least address that question, with an older thread of mine here...
About This Axis Of Evil Thing

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Or.....they could be peacefully putting up a weather satellite like so many western countries, even allowing western reporters for the first time into their version of mission control..........

Inside North Korea's space centre

Space exploration and technology isn't a privilege just for the west.
edit on 12/4/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Haven't both South Korea and Japan publically stated that if NK launch this missile, then they will both try to shoot it down......

I sort of agree though with previous post... a little bit double standards on the West's part....

Maybe if we engaged and embraced them a little more as oppossed to chastise then maybe we might get along a bit better ??????

Then again, maybe not !!!! Lets attack em !!

PDUK

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Glad you enjoyed this version as it appears the Real one cracked up in mid-flight

new topics

top topics

join