It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

This question has been on my mind since 1967.

page: 2
4
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by the_philth


By the way, John said *he* was the Waltus!


True, but in "Glass Onion" he turns right around and says it was Paul.

Never trust a hippie on acid! Especially if he thinks Yoko is sexy.







posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready
 


That's almost pathetic


I'm also pleased to announce that I was the ninth person who posted knowing full-well what he was talking about. Yeah! Number nine! Number nine! Number nine! Number nine! Number nine! Number nine! ....

Oh, and strawberry fields forever!!! \m/



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by kn0wh0w
 


That's no excuse. I was born in '88 too and I know exactly what he's talking about.

And, on a related note: I just happen to be sitting in an English garden waiting for the sun. And, if the sun don't come, I'll get a tan from standing in the English rain.


I see your point. However, I think it only prudent to also assert, "Number nine....Number nine....Number nine....Number nine....Number nine....Number nine....Number nine....Number nine....Number nine...."



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by getreadyalready
 


That's almost pathetic


I'm also pleased to announce that I was the ninth person who posted knowing full-well what he was talking about. Yeah! Number nine! Number nine! Number nine! Number nine! Number nine! Number nine! ....

Oh, and strawberry fields forever!!! \m/


DAMN YOU!! I thought I was going to be...Number Nine. If I just would have clicked "reply" five seconds sooner.



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Age really isn't the issue - when I was a kid (born in '70) my mom turned me on to Simon & Garfunkel and they were pre-70's.

My son, who just turned 19, once told me that his teacher, during his Music Appreciation class back in high school asked for a show of hands of how many of you have ever heard of Sgt. Pepper's / Pet Sounds... as he raised his hand, he says he looked around his class and was shocked to see only one more student with her hand in the air.

I think it's amazing how LOTS of kids these days will proudly walk around with a Doors or Zeppelin shirt on, yet they couldn't name one song let alone a whole friggin' album!



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by the_philth


By the way, John said *he* was the Waltus!


True, but in "Glass Onion" he turns right around and says it was Paul.

Never trust a hippie on acid! Especially if he thinks Yoko is sexy.

Hahahaha!

Touché! ~



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_philth
Age really isn't the issue - when I was a kid (born in '70) my mom turned me on to Simon & Garfunkel and they were pre-70's.

My son, who just turned 19, once told me that his teacher, during his Music Appreciation class back in high school asked for a show of hands of how many of you have ever heard of Sgt. Pepper's / Pet Sounds... as he raised his hand, he says he looked around his class and was shocked to see only one more student with her hand in the air.

I think it's amazing how LOTS of kids these days will proudly walk around with a Doors or Zeppelin shirt on, yet they couldn't name one song let alone a whole friggin' album!


That pisses me off to no end. EVERY one of my friends has a Nirvana shirt, you know, because they are such big fans. I ask them if they ever heard Sliver or Heart shaped box or Rape Me, no.... But they are all huge fans of Teen Spirit!

Stupid children, they shouldn't have the right to wear a Nirvana shirt.



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FenderWolf

Originally posted by the_philth
I think it's amazing how LOTS of kids these days will proudly walk around with a Doors or Zeppelin shirt on, yet they couldn't name one song let alone a whole friggin' album!


That pisses me off to no end. EVERY one of my friends has a Nirvana shirt, you know, because they are such big fans. I ask them if they ever heard Sliver or Heart shaped box or Rape Me, no.... But they are all huge fans of Teen Spirit!

Stupid children, they shouldn't have the right to wear a Nirvana shirt.

Then again, my son gives me crap because I'm "barely" getting into Mastodon when he says I should have been into their 5th album already... it's a Catch Twenty-Two I tell ya!

Damn kids!



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Don't know much except that the "rocking horse people eat marshmellow pie"
It's a reference to women who give head and swallow...
circa 79



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinocchio
Don't know much except that the "rocking horse people eat marshmellow pie"
It's a reference to women who give head and swallow...
circa 79


Lucy in the Sky with Diamons from Sgt Pepper. I like the way you look at this



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FenderWolf
 


You just have to sit in an english garden and wait for the sun. you might wait a while, but eventually you'll get an english tan if you don't mind the rain



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
There is a good possibility that if I admit I read the first line with a beat/rhythm in my head I would be aging myself..

But to answer the question of John or Paul being the walrus,


"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

They Both are. And so are we



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Haha nice! But, I've always wondered who and why "they" were kicking Edgar Allen Poe...of all people. Sounds like some pretty harsh treatment.



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
woke up ....fell outta bed...dragged a comb across my head



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

LMAO.....fun thread ! My 21 yr old daughter requested this song this morning too, must be in the air!

Made her Mom blush "when that naughty girl let her knickers down"



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by infowarrior9970
 


On that note I think I will go outside and take a smoke


Srgt Pepper was one of my first albums, I talked my grandmother into buying it for me, the mixed CD I am listening to has two of my favorites, Blackbird and Let it Be
edit on (4/13/1212 by gypsycat because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
Haha nice! But, I've always wondered who and why "they" were kicking Edgar Allen Poe...of all people. Sounds like some pretty harsh treatment.


Aha! But I already answered that...... possibly. here.

Which, if true, points more to cryptic messages in the song. So much symbolism and reference, he was either a genius, or in the know.



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by gypsycat
There is a good possibility that if I admit I read the first line with a beat/rhythm in my head I would be aging myself..

But to answer the question of John or Paul being the walrus,


"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

They Both are. And so are we


You interpreted the most mysterious song ever written! at least a small part, now to the priest



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by gypsycat

"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

They Both are. And so are we


For a bigger fan base...
"I am he" (who writes, composes, and sings songs)
"As you are he" (who comports, plays instruments, and FOLLOWS along)
"And you are me" (describing a man who is possessed with/by the Lennon spirit)
"And we are all together" (The two forgotten Beatles/Forgotten by McCartney/Suggests the other two follow John)
Inuendo about "Who Is The Leader Of The Band"...

Egg Man- The Man Who Has Yet To Emerge As A Brilliant Artist.
Walrus- The Man Who Won The Women's Hearts!



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinocchio
 


LOL, who are you? Your "insights" or interpretation of some lyrics here are quite interesting!



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join