It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACLU legislative director displays blatant racism, emails white neighbors and tells them not to shoo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
dailycaller.com...

During the National Action Network Convention on Wednesday, ACLU’s Washington Legislative Office director Laura Murphy told a large audience that in the wake of the Trayvon Martin shooting, she emailed her neighbors asking them not to call 911 on her son.

“There were so few black men in our neighborhood that I had to send out an email to my neighbors, saying, ‘Please do not call the police, because if you see a young black man walking around, that’s my child,’” Murphy said Wednesday in Washington. “So Trayvon Martin affects all of us.”

The Rev. Al Sharpton-led convention, where other members of the Obama administration are speaking later this week, is at the forefront of the racial justice movement, and more specifically with the Trayvon Martin case.

Murphy later said, “We still have to worry about walking and driving while black.”

Attorney General Eric Holder opened up the convention by attributing his and President Obama’s positions to Martin Luther King Jr. “If we find evidence of a potential federal civil rights crime,” Holder added, “we will take appropriate action and at every step, the facts and the law will guide us forward.”

Murphy later challenged Holder, saying, “Mr. Attorney General, why are you allowing guidance on the use of race in federal law enforcement that was written by [Republican] Attorney General John Ashcroft and the Bush administration?”

She also claimed racism was “a disease in America, where it’s open season on stopping and arresting African Americans and Latinos.”

So, she assumed all her white neighbors needed to be told not to shoot her son, because of course, they're white. Anyone seeing the irony of this? Or how about the fact she separates "Latinos" as victims also, while ignoring the fact that kid was shot by a Latino. Or that Latinos and blacks kill each other all the time over race? Or that whites are killed at a much higher rate by blacks than the other way around? Argh, I'm so tired of blatant racism by people claiming to be fighting against it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
It's only racism when you call them out on it. You must've missed that memo.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

I've noticed a trend where I live. It seems like whenever a young black man gets shot by a white person, everybody seems to think it's racism and start calling it a hate crime. Apparently only white people can be racist and commit hate crimes. I don't think I've ever ONCE seen or heard anything around where I live about a black person being called "racist" or calling any crime they commit "a hate crime". I'm sick of the overwhelming majority of people who see racism and hate behind every time a white person kills a black. Sure, hate crimes and racism do exist. But it doesn't make every dead black kid on the news a victim of a hate crime.
edit on 4/12/12 by EPH612 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
It's only racism when you call them out on it. You must've missed that memo.

I'm sure she thinks shes completely justified in spreading hatred of whites because after all, it's main stream these days. It's just astounding to me that a person DIRECTING an organization that supposedly helps people, is standing at a podium and spreading racial hate. Especially considering the guy who shot Trayvon was Latino....

Where is this woman concerning the Latino/Black race wars in LA? Where is she when white people are killed by black thugs? I guess that's just progress right?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by EPH612

I've noticed a trend where I live. It seems like whenever a young black man gets shot by a white person, everybody seems to think it's racism and start calling it a hate crime. Apparently only white people can be racist and commit hate crimes. I don't think I've ever ONCE seen or heard anything around where I live about a black person being called "racist" or calling any crime they commit "a hate crime". I'm sick of the overwhelming majority of people who see racism and hate behind every time a white person kills a black. Sure, hate crimes and racism do exist. But it doesn't make every dead black kid on the news a victim of a hate crime.
edit on 4/12/12 by EPH612 because: (no reason given)

We had a big mob beating of white people at the Ohio State Fair here in Columbus. Black teens looked for white people to beat up and went through the fair doing so. Well, the local PD just said that they weren't going to prosecute it as a hate crime. A similar incident in Akron Ohio got the same treatment. Apparently racism against white is not only accepted but PROMOTED.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Disgusting, isn't it? Apparently it's politically incorrect to call blacks racist, because they're CLEARLY the victims and never do anything even approaching hate crimes.

I've also noticed from college scholarship searches that I've done recently, there are scholarships where the main requirements have been that you're black, hispanic, native american, etc, but haven't found ANY if you're white. And apparently the world of scholarships is not only racist but sexist, because I've also found scholarships where the one of the main requirements was being female. If you're white and male, pretty much the only scholarships you're gonna get is for being a good student.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I cant beleive there isnt more hand wringing about this. For # sake, its the director of the ACLU basically endorsing racisim and ahtred towards whites. The guy who shot Trayvon wasnt even white!

edit on 12-4-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join