It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pets and the after life

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Yesterday I had to put down my most beloved Dog of 15 years. I was 17 and in high school when I found her at a local park after she had been abandon by her previous owner.

We had a connection and bond that could not be broken, as I too had been abandon at a young age. When I left for College, she stayed with my parents, but it took her months before she would leave my bedroom at night and sleep in my parents room, she entered into a depressed state. When I would return home, there was no waiting for her to adjust, as she was loyal to the bone and knew who her master was. Once I was able to move to a place that allowed dogs, I brought her to college with me, where she was as happy as a jaybird.

I meet my wife in college, and one christmas break we had gone to my parents for xmas, and with the snow we were throwing snowballs at eachother. That was the first time I learned how much my dog was a protector. She hated to see people fighting and would go crazy barking and yelling at the one yelling. If something was thrown at eachother, like the snowballs or paper or what ever, she would run after them and chew them up so that it could no longer be thrown.

She never left my side and when my Daughter was born, quickly became her protector too. No she was not a violent dog, and wouldn't hurt a fly, but she'd let you know if she didn't like something. We have had multiple cats and even a few ferrets in that time, and she was never violent to them and was kind and treated them as part of the family. She'd play with them (the ferrets) and carry them around the house in her jaws but would never bite down enough to hurt them.

She recently got a tumor that just kept getting worse, and yesterday we had to take her into the vet because we couldn't stop the bleeding. I eventually made the decision to put her down. So they gave her some anesthesia (a much larger dose than they would normally give a dog that size) to comfort her and help her just fall asleep before they went on with the process. I was with her, and trying to help her just fall asleep. She wouldn't leave me, she would start to nod off and would bounce right back. They gave her another dose and 20 min later she was incoherent but wouldn't fall asleep, so I said my good byes and left the room.

The point here is I have heard that Dogs have no souls and heaven is reserved for Humans only. But this makes no since to me, as I don't see how god can give such a heart to an animal and literally make them your best companion, as they do not judge you nor do they betray you (in most cases), and then just make it as they never existed. They make life worth living and are all ways there when you need them, no questions asked. Many of these traits we find in our pets are those that which God commands us to do.

So what is your thoughts, will I get the chance to see my girl again?

Sorry if this seems emotional, but this is hitting me very hard. I tried to prepare for it, but nothing can get you prepared for the loss of your best friend.
edit on 12-4-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Screw what they tell you, it doesn't matter what they say or if you believe in any of it at all. The relationship you had with your friend is paramount, that is the only thing to focus on.

CX

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I know i still often hear tiny pitter patter of footsteps in my hallways......the exact sound my dog made before he sadly died.

Not sure what that means, but i like to think he still likes hanging out here.

CX.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
So what is your thoughts, will I get the chance to see my girl again?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

see my last 2 posts on this page.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It is my belief that nothing ever truely ends, it just keeps revolving in cycle.

That being said, I believe your beloved friend is waiting as mine are, just on the other side.

Although I know rainbow bridge is a story, it is as close to what I feel is there for all of us animals.

You have my sympathy, may the spirit of your friend stay with you always.

peace

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Thank you

No words really can express my true gratitude

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I love how there are all these rules for heaven.

What kind of bunk heaven is that?

There is flat out no such thing as heaven without a dog and for many a dog is a necessary tool for entrance:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I absolutely believe that you will see your beautiful girl again in heaven! I think that anyone who has ever loved an animal and been loved back by one could never say that they don't have a soul and that they don't go to heaven. God created them beautiful and wonderfully made and I believe that He loves each and every one of them just as he loves us. Of course the bible does not mention animals going to heaven as the bible was not written for animals but for man. Animals don't need salvation in the same way that humans do. In the sense of giving pure and unconditional love, animals are much better at loving and forgiving than us humans are. I believe that God sends them to us to help us along on our journey. Sometimes it seems as if our pets are little angels dropped from heaven. A while back I watched a show on near death experiences and one man that died and came back said that when he got near the gates of heaven all of the dos that he ever owned were sitting there waiting for him. Take comfort that you will see your prescious girl again! So sorry for the loss of your little angel!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

So sorry for your loss....big hug...

your story really hits home, found my dog at age 16 at the park after big fire, My folks made me take him to the pound, but when no one claimed him , I adopted him, he was my "best friend" for 16 years. He went to college with me, was there through it all, he protected my daughter untill she was 3. Heartbreaking loss...hang in there

Your dog has a soul, you'll see each other again......

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved dog. I have lost many precious pets over the years and I feel we will one day be re-united. HUGS!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I've always laughed at the idea (other) animals (besides ourselves) have no souls. The sense of entitlement never ceases to amuse me. If a creator did create this world, we need to come to terms with the fact that it is a brutal world where everything living eats everything else; truly a dog-eat-dog world. Supposedly it wasn't like this before 'original sin' and everything peacefully coexisted. Or so they say anyway.

It is absolutely ludicrous.

Animals are complex creatures and we certainly don't not give the complexity of their emotions much consideration when we foster these ridiculous rationalizations. We are mammals ourselves... if we have a 'soul', there is no reason whatsoever why all other life doesn't have them also.

I have my doubts that 'souls' even exist and if a 'soul' does exist I doubt if any human who ever existed knows any real truth about it. Man fills in the blanks of the unknown with their own imaginations, which usually ends up being a bunch of horsedoodoo.

Sorry for the loss of your beloved pet.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I am very sorry for your loss. Many human relationships don't last as long as the one you shared with your dog.

You will be with your dog again because, "The soul is the same in all living things, although the body of each is different." - Hippocrates.

In the meantime, I hope she is able to visit you in dreams.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.

Author unknown

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I don't believe in heaven or hell or any of that. I do however believe in an eternal *something* of which we are all a part (including animals).

I can also say that I have had my recently (at the time) missing cat visit me in a dream and let me know he was alright.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I have no answers, but I have a good story about dogs and afterlife. Our old dog died half a year ago and the night he died, my Mom, who were especially close to him, had a very realistic dream. It was light wall-less room filled with different kinds of dogs. Mostly smaller dogs as ours was. And then one big white hairy dog with light blue flowers on it´s sides like big dots, came and licked my Mom´s face like conforting her: it´s alright with your dog now
Mom was deeply moved by this dream and believes she saw dog´s Angel who helps them to go to other side. She´s not religious btw, but the impression was very strong.
I believe every creature has a soul and life never ends. We´ll all meet again at one day.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I like the cycle of reincarnation. A beloved pet will eventually return probs as a human child. The fact that heaven is just for humans is egotistical nonsense.

Be glad you had such a bond. It doesn't come along to everyone. Yes, you may get it again. Your personality is half the bond. My current dog is a an abandoned Alaskan Malamute. Took a few weeks to show him what love is and to convince him he would not be harmed. He is a really lovable guy,

Hang in there. Remember the love and remember also dogs have a much shorter lifespan so you need to get used to it. It is sad, remember the good times!

Be grateful!

P

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
All living things possess a soul , we all have the same spark that's keeps us running, your dog is in a better place. Putting your dog down is the most humane way to relieve them of their suffering.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I know how you feel. I had a dog that got diabetes. I injected her with insulin for around two years but the siezures ended up getting worse and her health kept getting worse. The Vet recommended that she be put down in the end.

She was an awesome dog. A staffy cross that I stole from the pound. I miss her.

I have heard that when something terrible happens,an evil remains in that place long after the event. I believe it.

I also think when something beautiful happens that a light/beauty/love continues to reside in that place long after the fact.

Sounds like you really loved your dog and your dog really loved you back. Im sure she is around still in one way or another.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Very sorry to hear of your loss, hope you are coping alright. The loss of a beloved pet can be very devastating and the void you feel can last for a while.

Over the last two years I lost two dogs - both to old age/physical illness so I can empathise with how you are feeling. My dogs were a special part of my life that I will never forget. I have a few photos/videos of them on the computer and like to watch and reflect over the times we shared together.

The idea of meeting again with my dogs in the afterlife is heart-warming and I would love for this to be the case. While I do believe we will meet again some time, they probably need to first fulfil their own spiritual journey and this might take some time. Nevertheless, when we do meet again I will be there smiling with arms wide open to greet them.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I have a weird ability that I share with my grandmother. When someone dies they visit me in a dream. I think it's just to say goodbye and let me know everything is ok.

I had a cat a few years ago, I was there when he was born, and I had him for 18 months, before he got run over and died. I was beyond devastated.

It took a couple of weeks but one night he came to see me in a dream, and he let me know he was ok and happy.

Animals have souls, and personalities and moods just like humans. Yes they go to the light/heaven etc just as we do.

Look up something called the Rainbow Bridge poem. It helped me a lot after my Cookie died.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reaching
reply to post by tw0330

I am very sorry for your loss. Many human relationships don't last as long as the one you shared with your dog.

You will be with your dog again because, "The soul is the same in all living things, although the body of each is different." - Hippocrates.

In the meantime, I hope she is able to visit you in dreams.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.

Author unknown

I'm speechless

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join