It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimmerman case a government ploy for something else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Ok I dont usually do much in the conspiracy forums so I am not really sure exactly which forum to put this in so if MODs feel it is in the wrong place please do your thing and I apologize in advance for the inconvinence. Also if my spelling or grammar is lacking please forgive me I just got off the late shift and am a little tired.

So I was just reading the news and saw an article saying that prosecutors have decided to go ahead and charge George Zimmerman with second degree murder. Now in this article there are a couple of things that stick out to me and get me to thinking.

the main one being

"It seems like an enormous swing to be able go from not feeling you have enough evidence to arrest him, to charging him with essentially as high as you can charge him in second-degree murder,"

This kind of jumped out at me because of the way this whole case has been unfolding. First the incident happens and because it involves a death people were already up in arms about it. Then Obama comes out and plays the race card and brings the ethnicity of the persons involved into it. This just infuriates the pubic more and also brings the usuals (Jesse Jackson Al Sharpton etc) out of the woodwork stiring the people up more and causeing protests rallies and the whole nine yards. Then the black panthers get into it calling for Zimmerman's head.

The whole time this is going on however the police and prosecutors are saying they do not have enough evidence to try the accused on. Suddenly out of the blue pretty much they come out and arrest Zimmerman on second degree murder charges even though they have lack of evidence. This is what brings me to the topic of my post.

Now that Zimmerman is in custody he has to be tried by a jury. There is very little in way of evidence for a solid prosecution here. Many legal annalysists are saying as much. Therefore I am willing to bet that the odds are pretty good that Zimmerman is going to walk when the trial is concluded.

Though the circumstances are different my memory drifts back to the Rodney King trial and ensueing riots in Los Angeles in 1992. When people took the the streets to riot because the Officers in question were acquited. This could likely happen if Zimmerman is acquitted at trial (which seems pretty likely to happen) due to the publicity and tensions surrounding the trial.

So now onto the main question of the post. Considering all of the circumstances surrounding this highly publicised and racially charged case do you feel that this whole thing could possibly be a conspiracy by the government to cause mass chaos? perhaps give them a reason to delcare martial law and implement new laws and such for "our own protection"? What do you believe personally the outcome of the trial will be and what will be the results of the verdict?

The reason for this post are the questions above. Please lets be civil and not make this about race or zimmermans actions being right or wrong Martins actions being right or wrong etc all of those issues have been discussed and re discussed on other threads. This is about the questions I have posed. As always on my threads I ask for everyone to be cutious and respectful to one another. thanks

Article I based this post off of.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

That has got to be one of the most poorly written articles I've seen about this case.Seriously,it's worse then the local news reports.It's not a conspiracy.I live not ten minutes from where this happened.There's not going to be a race war.The government is not in on this.The MEDIA got wind of it and made it into a big deal.

ETA: Am I the only one that's getting a big fat Obama ad right in the middle of the article?

edit on 12-4-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
looks like someone did not bother to read the first paragraph.

thanks for the answers they are appreciated. and heck even thanx for the critisim

No Obama ad just stating what he has said about the case.
edit on 4/12/2012 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/12/2012 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Second degree murder can be the charge if they believe he showed a "reckless disregard" for the life of the person he killed. I'm betting the prosecutor will be aiming for that angle. She will say following a person he did not know at night while armed showed a disregard for the life of Trayvon Martin. I think she could have nailed him on manslaughter. Now it is going to be a struggle if Zimmerman has a halfway decent defense team.

I don't think the government is behind this. However, I do find it funny that this particular case is catching traction this year. There have been much more obvious cases of "hate crime" since Obama came to office. Yet, this year one catches traction even though the MSM had to stretch things to make it look like a racially motivated shooting. It probably isn't the government, but I do believe that some powerful interest were pushing it in hopes of using white guilt to help Obama in November.
edit on 12-4-2012 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
Second degree murder can be the charge if they believe he showed a "reckless disregard" for the life of the person he killed. I'm betting the prosecutor will be aiming for that angle. She will say following a person he did not know at night while armed showed a disregard for the life of Trayvon Martin.

I don't think the government is behind this. However, I do find it funny that this particular case is catching traction this year. There have been much more obvious cases of "hate crime" since Obama came to office. Yet, this year one catches traction even though the MSM had to stretch things to make it look like a racially motivated shooting. It probably isn't the government, but I do believe that some powerful interest were pushing it in hopes of using white guilt to help Obama in November.

I can definantly see the prosecutor going for the "reckless disregard" angle but dont see it standing if that is all she has to stand on. I have never really been able to figure out how it is that certin cases capture the attention and stay in the media longer and more prominently than others when there are others that are sometimes worse but get little or no media attention. The problem with MSM is they cant report just facts they feel they have to make it jucier to keep people interested and it seems to work quite well. I can also agree that this could be an attempt at the white guilt to possibly nudge the vote. Thanks for the response

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The story reminds of the movie possibly the homeric poem about the Trojan War...where George Zimmerman is Hector and Trayvon Martin is Patrocles.

In this situation; however, time and care was taken when considering how to deal with the evidence instead of Achilles going out and getting revenge in a heated rage.

That Zimmerman was ultimately charged with a crime and will stand trial suggests that the death of Patrocles was unjustified...which is in contrast to how Eric Bana tried to portray the act to Achilles as he begged for his life while standing in front of the City Wall.

So...i think the case has greater meaning, but the Government isn't behind it.

people have to be held to account for the things they are doing.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Flyers thanks for sharing. I just briefly scanned those articles as I am short on time but they seem very thourough and informitive. I will be sure to check them out when I have more time.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
he'll walk and then its game over.

Let it burn wanna let it burn wanna let it burn Wanna wanna let it burn Don't kill it save it Riots on the streets on Miami Whoa riots on the streets of Chicago Ooh on the streets of Long Beach Ooh and San Francisco Riots on the streets of Kansas City Ooh Tuscamusa Alabama Cleveland Ohio, Fountain Valley, Bear Mountain Victorvill, Eugene Oregon Winamuca Nevada, Phoenix Arizona, San Diego Lakewood Florida, sublime

at least thats what i think is going to happen.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

It is not a giant swing at all. The police pushed for an arrest originally, but the prosecutors didn't feel there was enough evidence.

Now, there are special prosecutors, world-wide press, the DOJ and President are involved. Information is coming out of the woodwork. This 911 call plus the previous 5 911 calls, his history, hundreds of other witnesses interviewed, plust national and international pressure to do something about this, plus protests, etc., etc.

So, while the first prosecutor thought the case was too weak, and the case may be too weak, they are proceeding anyway. Maybe they get a plea, maybe they go to a jury trial and let the justice system do its thing. Whatever happens, they are appeasing the press at this time.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I feel this video may fit this thread...

I do like to consider all angles...anything is possible and I woundn't put it past them with organizations like Travistock.

edit on 12-4-2012 by relocator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DIRTYDONKEY
he'll walk and then its game over.

Let it burn wanna let it burn wanna let it burn Wanna wanna let it burn Don't kill it save it Riots on the streets on Miami Whoa riots on the streets of Chicago Ooh on the streets of Long Beach Ooh and San Francisco Riots on the streets of Kansas City Ooh Tuscamusa Alabama Cleveland Ohio, Fountain Valley, Bear Mountain Victorvill, Eugene Oregon Winamuca Nevada, Phoenix Arizona, San Diego Lakewood Florida, sublime

at least thats what i think is going to happen.

star for droppin the sublime lyrics bro!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Obama should have left his comments out of it.
I won't be voting for him ever again.

Not prosecuting the black panther for calling for publicly calling for killing/violence against whites really makes me angry. It all makes the administration seem racist against whites to me.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Good Post!

The one thing that we must also factor in is that this is an election year...how does that come into play here? Did Obama use this to "wake up" his army of voters?

Add to that the entire OWS movement and all of the other unrest in the country and you have yourself an explosive concoction ready to be ignited.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I agree with you on both accounts. obamas comments did kind of strike me as being a little inappropriate. I mean knowing that tensions are high in your country already when it comes to the topic of race why would you pretty much add fuel to the fire? unless you have some form of hidden motive. As for the black panther he should have been charged with something because he was also adding fuel to the fire. Then agian however that has always been the goal of the black panther party.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

I believe it could be a reelection ploy. Or it could be like is said in my prior post a way to add fuel to a fire to start somethin popping off so the government can act.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
The whole time this is going on however the police and prosecutors are saying they do not have enough evidence to try the accused on. Suddenly out of the blue pretty much they come out and arrest Zimmerman on second degree murder charges even though they have lack of evidence.

A bit scary since it is obvious that is he is found not guilty, there will certainly be nationwide riots that will dwarf the LA riots of '92.

The media are really promoting this too. This is on Yahoo now:

George Zimmerman buys $79.84 worth of items from jail store

These are five of the comments out of the first ten on my page:

The media is going to make this a big deal so they can have something to talk about.....they are trying their best to make this a racial issue and start a riot....People need to realize this isnt about race...it's about one person killing an unarmed person.

BREAKING NEWS.... zimmerman goes to chow hall to eat...

And this is news, why?

Man puts on shoes. Socks first.

The author of this story wasted his money or our money going to school.. Really..I wonder if he watched zimmerman poop

Seems like people either think something is not right here, or just think it's "stupid news". Either way, a lot of people are not eating whatever TPTB are cooking...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

You're basing this off an article that is based off the opinion of the murderer's attorney.

Sure...the government is in on it.

How's that paranoia coming along?

Do you guys read what you write before posting it?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

You're basing this off an article that is based off the opinion of the murderer's attorney.

Sure...the government is in on it.

How's that paranoia coming along?

Do you guys read what you write before posting it?

No paranoia just a question for discussion.

and yes how else would we post?

top topics

join