It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pacific Ring of Fire: Busy April 11, 2012; Indonesia, Mexico and U.S.A

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Pacific Ring of Fire: Busy April 11, 2012; Indonesia, Mexico and U.S.A

www.blindbatnews.com

April 11, 2012, has turned out to be a busy day for magnitude 5+ earthquakes, around or adjacent to the Pacific Ring of fire.

Oregon, United States, experienced a 5.9 quake just off its coastline.

Alaska, United States, had a 5.5 quake.

Michoacan, Mexico got hit with a 6.5 quake.

The Banda Sea area (east of Indonesia, north of Australia) had a 5.3 quake.

And then there’s Sumatra, Indonesia, and the Indian Ocean area. 32 quakes ranging from magnitude 5 to 8.6 in just 24 hours!
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abclocal.go.com
earthquake.usgs.gov

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Add Now to this a 6.9 earthquake a mere few hours ago (just after 12am local time) in the Gulf of California, and one has to wonder if the Ring of fire is waking up. Many heard about the Indian Ocean quakes measuring 8.6 near Sumatra, many being not terribly surprised because of the activity that has been ongoing in that area, but now we are getting quakes of a more concerning nature on the west coast of North America.

www.blindbatnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4/12/2012 by RyanFromCan because: spelling

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Also another 4.5 of the Oregon coast.

A 4.3 in Utah

and a 4.5 of the New England Coast

if you ask me this whole are is looking very unstable. But then I am not a seismologist!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a taste of what could come?

while merciful mother earth relieving pressure gradually instead of in 8's and 9s

maybe even 10s?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

while merciful mother earth relieving pressure gradually instead of in 8's and 9s

maybe even 10s?

It might Not be mother nature. These quakes are man made.

Mod Edit - Link removed

15d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance written permission from TAN or their agents). You will not post-by-proxy the material of banned members or other individuals who are not members, but have written a response to content within a thread on these forums.

edit on 12/4/12 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by yurichan

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

maybe even 10s?

It might Not be mother nature. These quakes are man made.

mod edit - cross posting removed

Don't peddle that filthy website here. At least on ATS if someone insults you it is without profanity.
edit on 12/4/12 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Lazy copy and paste from another thread i just answered.www.abovetopsecret.com...

The US westcoast can relax actually.

The energy in that area is released in small earthquakes all year round, and the latest semi big ones are good, in that they released even more energy so that a tension is not building up.

Again i can only say that the area that are not active are the ones to look out for.
North western part of South America is the main places, but also Peru, Chile area, Cuba, Haiti and i dont think Mexico is out of the danger zone yet, could be a big one lurking of the coast.
The volcanic activity in those areas tell that, there is something building up.

Based on observation and should not be taken as facts.

To ad some more to that, i said in another thread that Indonesia would be a place for a big quake because of lack of activity, and i was right again with the latest Sumatra quake, but there is more to that area, as the fault line stretching from Sumatra to Papua New Guinea is still at risk at a big one.

A lot of activity in both ends of that fault line but very little in between could mean tension is building, a quake in that area could be very serious, as it could trigger some of the volcanos there, and they are not to joke about.

Again i say that it's based on my every day observation and should not be taken as facts.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I think it is prudent to have that 3-6 weeks of food and water most guides suggest as any basic apartment or single family living stock. Enough to carry through an unforseen disaster and be relatively comfortable through the whole thing. It's noting lost if it's bought and not needed. It could be everything if not bought.....and nature picks the area one of us happens to live in for the next little jolt. It seems a fair bet that it isn't going quiet again any time soon.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Lazy copy and past from what thread? One of the comments?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
5.3 off the coast of Japan within the last hour ...

My word

Link

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
5.3 iwaki, japan 2012-04-12 11:19:59 36.874°N 141.060°E 14.3 that's 7:19 AM EDT

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan
reply to post by Mianeye

Lazy copy and past from what thread? One of the comments?

Sorry forgot the link...Added to my post above

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

The energy in that area is released in small earthquakes all year round, and the latest semi big ones are good, in that they released even more energy so that a tension is not building up.

Again i can only say that the area that are not active are the ones to look out for.

I was going to mention the same thoughts but you summed it up well. It is no quakes to release pressure is the danger that a big one will release it all.

If CA stays too quiet then worry.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I know... I have this sneaky unnerving feeling that the San Andreas is going to cut loose very soon.

Stressfull to be in Cali when all these big quakes are going on.
edit on 12-4-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Sorry but you are incorrect that smaller quakes always relieve pressure. They are just as likely to cause more stress or relieve none at all. Better yet, scientist can't tell you either way after a quake.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Is there anywhere to view earthquake activity by day?

While it seems there is an increase in activity, this could actually be just about perception because of yesterday and nothing more. When you have people posting every single blip appearing it might seem like something, but without a clear graph of usual activity to compare it to there is no way to judge whether this is anything unusual or not.

I think I'm going to assume that this is nothing unusual, just another day at the office, and that people are creating a drama out of nothing.

EDIT -

Okay, I'm gonna try and get some perspective on here and count the quakes displayed by USGS (now that I've found how to view by date lol)

2012-04-06 - 31
2012-04-07 - 19
2012-04-08 - 38
2012-04-09 - 21
2012-04-10 - 25
2012-04-11 - 67
2012-04-12 - 39 (incomplete)

I think that's inconclusive.
There will still be activity as a result of yesterdays quakes. We'd need to drill down into the data to see whether specific areas are more active than they normally are.

Well, that pointless exercise wasted some time at least

edit on 12-4-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by detachedindividual

Here you go:
USGS Earthquake Monitor

Ah, thanks for that, I already found a list on the live screen

Still is pretty vague and meaningless I think. But worth a look anyway.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Well, maybe, maybe not.
I have been watching earthquakes and volcanic activity for 5 or 6 years, i am no pro and have no special ability, but i have noticed and predicted earthquakes many times, and i have been right the last 3 years allmost every time.

I normally don't tell anyone, because there is allways the fact that i could be wrong, and i don't like to be wrong, plus people normally redicule or simply not believe you when you play smart in here.

But lately i have wrote what i believe is the next big one, since i have been right so many times with out telling anyone, but i allways put in that it's just from my observation and it's not in anyway facts, so i see nothing wrong in what i say.

I have seen the trend that, earthquakes tend to happen where there is no activity, or places with a lot of volcanic activity, so thats what i put in here, i could still be wrong but i can live with that.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I read about the Sumatra / Indian Ocean quakes yesterday, but did not know about the Japan, Mexico, and US quakes, I got an alert early this morning (woke up at 3:30am, could not get back to sleep) and started looking, still working on more info/ something to plot these.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join