It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone heard of......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Spook lights?

I live in Missouri and around Joplin there are apparently these lights that are called spook lights. Apparently they are the size of a large basketball, and travel around at about waist height sometimes. click here for some pics:

[img]http://www.4stateexplorers.freewebspace.com/photo2.html

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Do a search for Orbs on the forum, it looks like thats what you are looking for.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Interesting Pictures.
They reminded me of the lights described to me by a now deceased older neighbor. He called them FOO FIGHTERS. He said they were seen during WWll.
I did a web search and found out that Foo Fighters possibly ( the flying lights) were named from an old newspaper comic strip. ufos.about.com...
I also discovered that Foo Sighters is the name of a Music group.
www.topix.net...
If you do a search, be prepared for either to pop up., then weed out what you do not want.
Hope this helps.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
But weren't Foo Fighters apparently solid according to the men in the planes in WWII? They were told to engage them if the situation presented itself...so i don't think shooting at "lights" would do them any good. Anyway...I've heard some stories about the "supernatural" that when a person takes pictures and sees bright lights in it that it is supposed to be some "spirits" floating around. But then again...it's the supernatural. But it looks exactly the same as the pics there. I don't know what they are obviously...but I'm pretty sure they're not foo fighters.

Btw...has the foo fighters been seen after the war?

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the input guys!

But im no sure about the "Foo Fighters" name. it sounds like it fits the name but i like to call them spook lights.

if these are the same ones then yes they have been seen after WWII

BTW: if i get my scanner up and running i have a REAL pic of a "spirit" so-called. It is freaky. its from when i was five

[edit on 25-9-2004 by Foobarr]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Just a couple quick quotes from www.crystalinks.com...
This is an interesting article, and I suggest reading it. and yes, some were apparently solid, see the second quote.
These lights sound like what my neighbor described as FOO FIGHTERS. The description also makes me think of the SPOOK LIGHTS.
"...They were first seen in 1943 and reported by American pilots as fire balls. Described as having brilliant balls of light - sometimes green and sometimes orange with glowing tails. Some were the size of a basketball but others were much larger..."
"... Usually foos were amorphous lights, not the kind of apparently solid, craft- like objects Brickner, C.J.J., and several other witnesses reported..."

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I got the impression of foo fighters being something quite much larger than something the size of a basketball travelling at waist level...

Ball lighting maybe?

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
i think this was the image you were tring to post in your first post

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I wonder, are these "spook lights" the same thing as the "Marfa Lights"? I think the Marfa Lights are in texas or mexico(or along the border).

I remember reading a little on them before, maybe it's similar?

X

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Thats an interesting article i must say (from rawiea).

Im going to search for marfa lights and see if i can get some pics so hold on a bit

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
GOT IT!!!

The marfa lights and the "spooklights/foo-fighters" Look VERY similar. almost the same. look here:

www.scienceplace.org/ science/marfa.shtml

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yes...My family is from Florida, though I was born and raised in Daytona Beach, my family is from the Suwannee River area in around Pumpkin Swamp, Dixie County....there are lot of those there....some people will try to tell you it is swamp gas....the problem is, when I was a little girl, my grandmother was chasing them one night...they stopped and we stopped for a bit, then she turned the car around to leave, and they followed us....not swamp gas!

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Ball lighting maybe?

Also see "Will-o-the-Wisp". Surprised Lady V didn't catch that one...

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk...

this website is for lady v on willow the wisp

[edit on 28-9-2004 by Foobarr]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
lab experiments have produced short-lived sparks in the form of plasma discharges from exposing certain types of rock to tremendous pressure. In Borrego, CA and other places, "earthquake lights" often precede quakes.

Foo fighters did continue after the war. They were encountered in Antarctica by a PBY involved in Admiral Byrd's "Operation Highjump". The PBY was downed but the crew was rescued. The official explanation was that an "ice flash" had reflected light into the cockpit from all angles and blinded the pilot momentarily causing a crash.

One was also encountered by a pilot scrambled when the "Washington Merry-Go-Round" phenomenon violated restricted airspace over the capital. I think the year was between 49 and 51 but I am unsure.

Pilots have played cat-and-mouse with "radar anomolies" in later times, but I am unaware of any modern stories comparable to a "foo fighter" attack.
(bright light, instrument malfunctions, sometimes crash)

top topics

join