It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2000MPH UFO Incident Sparks U.S. Navy UFO Investigation.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth

I don't know of ETs are visiting, but what other than a non-human intellegence could be flying around at 2000 mph in disc shaped aircraft with no visible propulsion or sound since 1952?

Well mate it's now 61 years later and there's still nothing in the public domain that sounds like it fits the bill, especially when you take into consideration reported UFO flight characteristics like instant acceleration, immediate stops, reverses in direction, pendulum motion, right angle turns etc.

Here is another aircraft case from 1957 where two pilots (one a published UFO 'skeptic') witnessed an object they described as 'rising and falling, darting back and forth, instant 90° turns, then hovering motionless again' -they also reported the UFO to be performing 'crazy gyrations, lazy 8's, square chandelles with undulating motion' before shooting off in a steep climb at 'fantastic speed' - I've absolutely no idea what that object was either.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Interesting government document from Guam 5 years earlier describing UFOs traveling twice the speed of a fighter plane performing a zigzag maneuver across the sky:

The Guam UFO At 60

August 14 of this year marks the 60th anniversary of a genuinely intriguing UFO encounter that occurred in the skies over Guam.

A one-page report extracted from the US Air Transport Command’s Weekly Intelligence Summary of August 1947 states the following:

HEADQUARTERS FOURTH AIR FORCE

Office of the Assistant Chief of Staff, A-2 Intelligence Hamilton Field, California

27 August 1947

SUBJECT: Flying Disc

TO: Headquarters, Sixth Army, San Francisco, California.

ATTENTION: G-2

1. Following is extract from the Weekly Intelligence Summary, Air Transport Command, Washington 25, D.C., dated 20 August 1947, Copy No. 120, Article I, pg 1:

"FLYING OBJECTS IN GUAM": Unidentified flying objects have been observed by three American enlisted men of the 147th Air-ways and Air Communications Service Squadron at Harmon Field, Guam.The men report that at 1040 hours on 14 August 1947 the two objects, which they describe as small, crescent shaped and traveling at a speed twice that of a fighter plane, passed over them on a zig-zag course in a westerly direction at an approximate altitude of twelve hundred feet.The objects disappeared into clouds and a few seconds later a similar object possible one of those previously observed, emerged from the clouds and proceeded west. No further details have been reported."

DONALD L. SPRINGER
Lt. Colonel, GSC
AS of S, A-2

Document

It must be noted that the description of the objects sounds very similar to the fleet of UFOs famously seen on June 24, 1947 in the skies of Washington State by Kenneth Arnold.

Sixty years on, the Guam incident remains unresolved.

link

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Fantastic info as usual Karl12.

I too, noticed the report discrepancy between the Newspaper article (taken from a speech given by the Admiral to some "Students"?). The mufon report and others that say 2 UFOs "Circled" the plane, but the Newspaper report of the Admirals speech, states One UFO "Abeamed" or paced his plane and the other plane the same (presumed) craft was at the wingtip only.....no mention of 2 or circling.
Things do exaggerate over time.

Interesting comment about the eyewitness seeing the UFO turn on its side and take off into space, this description seemed to happen a lot in the 50s/60s.....I believe there are even photos.
A transcript of one of Bill Coppers speeches from the 80s, talks about observing a ufo exiting the water, then turning on its side and taking off....I wonder who they are?

Seems strange these types of craft turned up about 2 years after the first Atomic bomb explosions....Perhaps they are 1 year away from us? and sent some patrols to observe but not interfere?

I do believe the A Bomb=UFO connection needs to be explored more, tho there have been rumours of circular craft previously, but nothing like the after 1947 period.

Keep it up, love your work.....

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gort51

I too, noticed the report discrepancy between the Newspaper article (taken from a speech given by the Admiral to some "Students"?). The mufon report and others that say 2 UFOs "Circled" the plane, but the Newspaper report of the Admirals speech, states One UFO "Abeamed" or paced his plane and the other plane the same (presumed) craft was at the wingtip only.....no mention of 2 or circling.
Things do exaggerate over time.

Thanks for the post Gort and I'm sure some stories do get embellished over time, especially when dealing with the corporate media -it's a great shame there's no official documentation for this case (in the public domain anyway) citing precisely what UFO maneuvers were witnessed by the pilots and passengers but the posted info is all I could find (the results of the ONI investigation are still classified 61 years later as well).

As well as the other disc-shaped UFO radar/visual cases mentioned here where pilots did submit detailed descriptions of events backed up by electronic confirmation there's no radar aspect in this case either so I guess all we can do is speculate -apparently the incident was taken rather seriously at the time though and it really is pretty mindboggling just how many credible unexplained UFO cases there were in 1952.

Interesting comment about the eyewitness seeing the UFO turn on its side and take off into space, this description seemed to happen a lot in the 50s/60s..

Yes mate, I remember the pilot in the Edwards AFB case (1965) stated that the UFO he was chasing 'gained a tremendous amount of altitude and appeared to move right out into space' and, as well as pilots, police officers have also reported UFOs shooting straight up so good call on that one.

He just stood there with his mouth open for a minute, as bright as it was, and he looked down. And I started looking down and I looked at my hands and my clothes weren't burning or anything, when it stopped right over on top of us.The only thing, the only sound in the whole area was a hum...like a transformer being loaded or an overloaded transformer when it changes....

.... it went PSSSSSHHEW, straight up; and I mean when it went up, friend, it didn't play no games; it went straight up."

Deputy Sheriff Dale Spaur Portage County,Ohio,April 17, 1966
Also witnessed by Deputy Wilbur Neff.

*Above BlueBook* - Ohio UFO Chase , Portage County April 17, 1966

I do believe the A Bomb=UFO connection needs to be explored more, tho there have been rumours of circular craft previously, but nothing like the after 1947 period.

I don't know about the A-bomb but I certainly agree the atomic connection needs to be explored more -apparently the Atomic Energy Commission were also pretty concerned and were requesting information on flying discs as early back as 1950 -I don't know if you've read this article called 'NCP-16: National Security, Missing Files, The Nuclear Key' but it also makes some pretty fascinating connections and also mentions how a Bluebook file containing 63 cases of UFOs over nuclear installations went conveniently missing.

This is the first time the AEC has publicly evinced interest in flying discs.

link

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Naval commander Graham Bethune discusses the Kimball incident as well as describing his own similar UFO incident over the Atlantic Ocean near Newfoundland - see 17:20:

Graham Bethune UFO testimony

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

GhostLancer
It is a sad day when it is proven that even high level executives like the Secretary of the Navy is susceptible to hallucinations, mass hypnosis, the power of suggestion and crackpot ideas. Apparently ANYONE can fall victim to believing in flying saucers and little green men. What has the world come to? It's obvious to anyone with half a brain that he probably saw disc-shaped clouds and/or some other kind of weather anomaly. One would think that his air crew would be professional enough, trained well-enough and level-headed enough to identify the REAL cause of what they all thought was a flying saucer from Mars or Venus. No wonder pilots have been grounded for reporting sightings --because it's a classic symptom of doing drugs or drinking on the job. Maybe they all saw some sci-fi flick just before the flight, drank a few single malt scotches, took a nap and got caught somewhere in a waking dream state where he/they thought they were reliving a scene from the sci-fi flick. How disturbing to think that this national-level leader was delusional enough to think ice crystals in the atmosphere were a couple of flying saucers. A lot of the drugs that are illegal now were legal back in 1952; could they have possibly taken some?

GhostLancer, I think that's the best post I've ever read!

Here"s the link

UNITED STATES NAVY, MARINE CORPS, COAST GUARD AND OTHER GOVERNMENT SEAGOING SERVICES UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT (UFO) AND UNIDENTIFIED SUBMERGED OBJECT (USO) SIGHTING REPORTS

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
More background information on the Secretary Kimball incident and UFO investigations conducted by the Office of Naval Research in this (very good) E-book.

Excerpts:

UFOs and Government: A Historical Inquiry.

Chapter 8 - Tacking Against The Wind

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Given the dates you gotta take warfare intelligence consideration. Not only did Germany have access to advanced technology but the japs and Americans did as well... And still do...

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

Missing Information:

MUFON

In 1962, former Secretary Dan Kimball and Admiral A.W. Radford were on planes flying between Guam and Hawaii and were circled by two high-speed flying discs. A disc flying around military people of this stature should be the only confirmation required by public, government, science alike to accept that discs do fly and they are not ours. We still have not seen the flight reports. The sighting was confirmed by a U.S. Naval Research, Chief Admiral Calvin Bolster. The full text of the investigation should be released. In addition, other UFO investigations done by Naval Research should be released.

Unidentified Flying Objects: The Missing Information

New links:

Unidentified Flying Objects: The Missing Information

originally posted by: karl 12

Missing US Naval UFO Information:

The sister Services, Army, USAF and CIA, DIA and NSA have released UFO files as have the British, Danes, French, Brazilians, Australians and even Uruguayans. Now the Russians.
It seems the US Navy’s turn. What specifically? For starters:

link

P47 List: Aldrich On Russian Navy Release

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Richard Dolan discusses Major Keyhoe's influence on Secretary Kimball's Naval investigation and the incident over the Pacific.

edit on 12-12-2018 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
.and goes into more detail about the incident here at around 8:20.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Reminds me of the foo fighter I saw one night in November of 1976...that was flying west at incredible speed, from Washington D.C. with the city being about 40 miles away.

1976 was another good year for UFO flaps.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: badazz
the alien entities are conscious, transdimensional, and similar to any animal you would encounter in nature, in the sense they are pragmatically real. the hard part is understanding that more than the monkey world exists. if you can do that, these entities are both contactible, and as-interested in you, as any common bird or squirrel thats smarter than a monkey [in multidimensional terms].

how do I contact them? Actual question..

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

Reminds me of the foo fighter I saw one night in November of 1976...that was flying west at incredible speed, from Washington D.C. with the city being about 40 miles away.

There's nothing like seeing one.

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

You should definitely start a thread about that brother.

Describe it in as much detail as you can (even smells).

Am sure everyone here would be respectful and very interested (I know you know your stuff).

All the best mate.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join