It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Add A Feature Allowing Us To Go To Our Most Recent Post In A Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
i've noticed certain topics on the boards tend to fill up with pages upon pages of comments very quickly and when i come back online to look for a particular comment so that i can see if anyone responded i end up having to dig through the thread to find my comment. is there any way that ATS can add a feature (or maybe such a feature already exists that i am unaware of) from "myATS" where, rather than clicking on a thread i recently posted in and being sent to the beginning of that thread, i am sent directly to my most recent comment?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
They do have the "My posts" page, though I suspect this is not QUITE what you have in mind. It's the closest thing to it that ATS has at the moment.

This is a list of the last several hundred posts you made. Click on any of those links and it takes you right to that post. I think you are looking for a way to also separate these links by thread, rather than just the order you posted.

Hope this helps some though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-4-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
They do have the "My posts" page, though I suspect this is not QUITE what you have in mind. It's the closest thing to it that ATS has at the moment.

This is a list of the last several hundred posts you made. Click on any of those links and it takes you right to that post. I think you are looking for a way to also separate these links by thread, rather than just the order you posted.

Hope this helps some though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-4-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

no, actually that'll do just fine. didn't notice that feature. thanks!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by eboyd

Disqus as used by the telegraph (uk) has a feature where you can choose to view posts 'oldest first' or 'newest first' or 'most popular' etc. If you've been following a rapidly growing thread. this allows you to have new posts appear at the top of page 1, so you don't have to go through many pages to get to them.
And I agree, being able to go direct to your own post would be useful.

*waits with baited breath for some smart-alec to point out you CAN do these things IF you are IT literate*

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It would be nice to view a post where you last left off when you posted. That way, when you go to the forum you don't have look through just to find where you left off at so you could read the whole forum without missing anything at all.

I think that's what the OP meant, but how I do it is I got to "myATS" under "Subscribed Threads" on the right I would click on "Last post" and it would take me to the very last post a person made in a thread that I posted in. The problem with that is, to read what everyone posted after me, I would have to backtrack and find where I left off in order to do that and that's been a hassle ever since I joined this website.

Please make it take you to your last post instead, and I'm willing to bet this would make a lot of people extremely happy to have a function like this.

Regards,

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eboyd

Not sure if this will help, but if you would like to find out if you have any direct replies to a post that you made on a thread, you can go to "Tools" then "Messages" and then "Replies" and it lists all direct replies from all threads you have posted on. Good luck!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

TOOLS / profile / posts

gives you a list of your posts and Threads.

HTH

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jbird

Thank you. That was what I was looking for.

You and the poster above you just saved me a whole lot of trouble. Stars for the both of you.

*Edit* Odd for some reason, I can't seem to give anyone a star in this thread. Always wondered why it does that in some threads.
edit on 12-4-2012 by TheProphetMark because: Didn't want to make another useless post

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Glad it helped, mate.

The starring function has been removed from a few off the Forums on the non conspiratorial side of the Site .
This is the explanation as I recall.

Since there's no stars in here, I'll hook up gwynnhwyfar, for ya.

edit on Thu Apr 12 2012 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jbird

Thanks, glad I could help!

new topics

top topics

join