It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you experienced something called “sleep paralyses?”

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Yes I have and it's quite normal and mundane. Sorry but it's nothing to do with aliens or spirits or parallel universes etc etc etc.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
As a psychology minor who also holds a B.S. degree I know exactly what's going on along with many different examples.

Many people that believe they're being haunted by ghosts like I've heard from friends or if you watch BIO channel talk about waking up paralyzed with that ghost hovering above them holding them down or pressing against their chest so they can't breathe.

The interesting thing about this is that somebody actually DID die from it, but it wasn't a ghost it was her nightmare. I was watching 1,000 ways to die and it showed some gurl that had a nightmare of a leprachaun choking her which she died from (don't know how they figured out what her nightmare was). But these sleep paralysis nightmares were fairly common for her. So much so that she might have had some kind of psychological disorder which made sleep paralysis vastly more lethal than just not moving but also caused her lung paralysis as well.

Then we have the abductees that always talk about sleep paralysis the same way that ghost chasers do, they're just substituting ghosts with aliens.

I myself have sleep paralysis happen to me numerous times throughout growing up. The first noticable time I had it I was scared, but you CAN move you just have to will yourself to do it which requires a lot of strength as other people should know. Another time I had it when I was barely awake, I was feeling soo comfortable that I thought to myself "screw it", and just went back to sleep and woke up an hour or two late just fine after having some nice dreams as well because of the extra sleep. The only time I had a feeling of another enitity was during one sleep paralysis I had when I was waking up around noon and I just had a feeling that somebody else was in the house which freaked me out because I was sure my parents weren't home, so I JERKED myself awake, realized everything was legit and napped a little bit longer. I've had more of these cases throughout my life, but it happens to everybody especially those that sleep a lot or dream a lot (you dream because of the excessive amount of sleep you're getting)

Anyways one of your biochemicals tryptophan as well as melatonin (responsible for dreams, lucid dreamers take it so they can have them) that is integral with sleep also is strucurally related to '___', as well as other hallucinogens. So when you sleep for a long time or have heavy REM sleep and then all of a sudden wake up for some reason or even gradually wake up but are paralyzed and feel like there's ghosts/demons/aliens/beings etc... around, it's just a side effect of your half-dreaming state wearing off and light hallucinogens acting on your brain that only work during sleep and dreaming but because you're half asleep you're still experiencing them.

Hope that gives some of you answers of course the hardcore abductees/ghost hunters won't believe me no matter what kind of scientic argument you can't prove to them that it's just their brain no matter what, so pick away at me if you want...
edit on 14-4-2012 by Swing80s because: grammar

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

I have a question for you...are you a Lucid dreamer?
Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7
reply to post by MAC269

I have been abducted back in Sept-2006. I came back Telepathic..I have gone through the sleep paralysis one time years before I was ever abducted. This is a common symptom in every Alien Encounter. They like to affect the nervous system and airway. The other common factor is slurred speech or totally being unable to communicate. They have also levitated my legs one time.

aahh whaaaaaaaaaatever....... you know that the things that happen during that time are not real right

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I have experienced sleep paralyses since I can remember. Although no aliens or monsters are there. I sometimes wake and can not move at all and feel this dark presence all around me. It's as if all my muscles are dead and it's a battle to just move a single finger. Other times I shake uncontrollably, almost as if being electricuted. I do not feel the dark presence then, but only the will to fight, and I mean fight hard. The strange thing is, I know all that is happening, but am unable to do anything about it. It takes around 2-5 minutes before I can regain control of my body. It's scary as hell! No doubt. But I have learned to live with it. I have read many different theories about why this happens and what causes it. I don't think they have a difinative answer for it yet, but I know it has something to with the synaptic nerves in the brain.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Yes it happens at some point. One way to prevent sleep paralysis is not to sleep on your back. I read it somewhere.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Where are you going with this, you ask a question for what actual reason?

I take just about everything in regarding UFO’s Aliens and Alien abduction. The skeptic explanation seams to come down to something called “sleep paralyses” which made me wonder if anybody on here had experienced this.

You haven't had “sleep paralyses” and now you think it's to do with "UFO’s Aliens and Alien abduction".
Who's the 'skeptic' with this 'explanation'? This skeptic is the same as Them or They = Nobody.

Sleep Researchers believe Sleep Paralyses is experienced during the "RAM" period of Sleep and can also be trigged if there is an Opiate in the system. Which from my experience I do not believe as I have experience SP with an Opiate in my system in one period but My Sleep Paralyses has occurred without any Opiate in the system, which actually means Sleep Paralyses does still occur with an 'Opiate in the system'.
Which is a significant finding as to be woken when there is an Opiate in the system is something stronger than the Opiate.

Zelong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join