It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you experienced something called “sleep paralyses?”

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

I used to get it loads from the ages of 15 - 18

I 100% believe that its inter dimensional beings trying to invade our minds and or cause us physiological harm.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

I have to ask Apollo7, if I were in your shoes I would be absolutely terrified. However, the first thing I would ask myself, is if I was losing my mind - like, in a literal sense. If you are going to consider the possibility that all your experiences are absolute proof to you that you have had experiences with alien abduction, have you also sought to rule out the possibility that your fear might be stemming from a more biological cause - or perhaps a combination of the two?

Because if, After having received help and done all I could to reassure myself that I have gone to the end of the line with medical help - and my experiences continue in like fashion regardless... It would be emphatic proof, at least to me, that I am correct in my initial conclusions.

If Aliens can be responsible for memory loss, and mind tampering, and even inducing telepathy, could it not also be possible for them to induce or aggravate a mental illness as well? It would be logical to consider this possibility. It would be my first step to helping deal with my heightened level of fear. Because living in a heightened stressed state would not only be draining, but feeling isolated and disbelieved, that my reality was being questioned. Suspicious of everyone? What happens if in my stressed state, I do something violent or that causes harm to someone, because my fear has peaked beyond my ability to be calmly rational about things?

My advice to you, is to sit down and try to think things through with every possibility considered. Consider that you are correct with your alien invasion theory, but consider what alternatives could be true if you are not correct. OR if you are partially correct.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
I take just about everything in regarding UFO’s Aliens and Alien abduction. The skeptic explanation seams to come down to something called “sleep paralyses” which made me wonder if anybody on here had experienced this.

I have.

Sleep paralysis is when you abruptly regain consciousness, immediately after an out of body experience. The reason for the paralysis is that you're not completely back in, so you can't completely interface with your physical body in order to move it.

It used to happen to me immediately after I'd had a roamer (roaming spirit) giving me nightmares, and generally mess with me. You try and wake up, and you experience paralysis because you're still half in and half out, and they will actually be trying to pull you completely back out, so that they can continue tormenting you.

Once I bought my first Kali statue, that never happened to me again. Jai Kali Ma!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Yes. Have you learned about dmt?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

You JERK!! This is a TRUE Incident and what the Heck are you doing on ATS telling me I need Help? I was going to work for HOMELAND SECURITY and went through 3 years of background checks. I am not crazy. I work full time and I am back in school. Back Down..Go find someonelse to play with you damn cop!
edit on 13-4-2012 by Apollo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Never Insult Me! I dont need anyone to help me! I went on with life! If you are really in Canada find Don Terry with US Customs and Border Patrol in Toronto..that was going to be my supervisor. What the hell are you even doing on ATS to began with..Jerk

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

knightsofcydonia

'___'?

No I am not aware of that please tell.

I have certainly learned that a lot of people suffer from sleep disorders.

Personally I had never come across any one suffering like this before.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I am a Lucid Dreamer...which means I always know I am Dreaming. Sometimes I can have some fun and control the Dream. There are two varients of a dream that are tied to the only things that frighten me. One is a tornado and the second is a Rouge wave.

In both dreams My Girl is not listening to me to either get in the Cellar or get out of the water. Wierd as it may be...both of these scenarios have happened....a set of two rouge wave hit Ft. Lauderdale years ago and I and my Dad were in the water. We tried to go over the first but it broke and slammed us into all the coral at the sea shore bottom and cut us up. The second hit as we were washed up half way up the short beach and we really got hammered. There were kids screaming with their parents trying to locate them....beach blankets in the water and the second wave went over the road and into the shops and parking lots under the Hotels. Luckily...no one died.

The second dream I experienced for real as a Tornado touched down in MASS of all places and was in my back yard. I ran in the house and was yelling for My Girl to get in the cellar...she was not paying attention so I picked her up and threw her over my sholder and brought her down into the cellar. The Tornado destroyed a Classic Truck I had restored and I had a tree in my attrium with hail damage from hail the size of golf balls.

When I dream these dreams and I KNOW I am dreaming...I have to force myself awake through the SLEEP PARALYSIS...NOT EASY TO DO! You mind is disconnected from your volutary Muscle ability and you have to really WILL yourself to move even if you are conscious. I am very familiar with this. I FEAR NOTHING with the exception of a loved one being hurt or killed because they are not paying attention to me or think I am joking. The funny thing is that I never have Nightmares...although these might qualify...but I KNOW I am dreaming.
Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

Your rampage and anger only seems to unfortunately add to exactly what I was saying...

Background checks do not always detect every single problem that every single applicant has... For example, when people go on rampages and killing sprees and the people around them say "damn, I never thought this guy would do that!" or "how did he slip through the cracks and make it this far"...

I strongly suggest that you get help. You are already working in the medical field, if I am not mistaken, so perhaps you should talk to some doctors and get help before it's too late... Before you do lose your mind for real and end up fighting imaginary monsters which turn out to be your co-workers and random people in the street (trust me, I've seen this MANY TIMES)...

Good luck!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic
Isn't sleep paralysis when you wake up but can't move a muscle? Nothing to do with aliens.

That is what i thought and it happens regularly to me - i tend to sleep face down, so at some point in the night usually sleep on my hands or arms. Come waking up time, i can't move from the bed for a minute or two as my arms are "paralysed". It isn't frightening and it usually actually very funny - unless the alarm on the opposite side of the room is going off......

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I hope I'm not straying off topic here.
I'm not sure how this became connected to blaming it on abductions. I think John Mack brought this out. If you were to read his book Abduction; number one best seller, and had experienced this, you could be convinced it was alien, as he threw in other common symptoms until it seemed possible. He received a lot of mail. The back page invited readers to report their symptoms.

I cant provide a proper list or source of these symptoms, just going on memory of what this list was:

"It felt so REAL", was it a dream?
Is common to think it was just a dream
Insomnia
dreaming of ufo's
Usually happens between 1 to 4 am
Inability to speak or scream, vocal chords disabled
feeling paralised, but usually only from the neck down
feeling extreme terror- this is explained as you're normal reaction to their indifference and NOT because they are evil
Sensing a presence in the room.
Usually a dark figure, and to your right side
you are not able to look at the being out of fear.
Mysterious physical ailments or scars
ringing in the ears
unexplicable fear of windows
Spouse sleeping with you is laying there unaffected, alleged to be "they got put into a psychic sleep by the aliens"
Waking up in your bed upside down- "the aliens put you back to bed wrong"
Missing articles of clothing and or jewelry (underwear or neclace gone for example)
A change in one's religious / spiritual beliefs
some victims feeling special, chosen etc
claiming to have been shown video previews of Earth being destroyed ( as human techology has advanced, so has this viewing method)
dreaming of being put into a white room and left waiting while other "abductees" are attended to
They erase your memory which explains missing parts like never recalling actually entering the craft.

Some of these symptoms also mirror demonic posession or anything else really. The list can be found online if you search alien abduction symptoms

Mack, a respected Harvard psychiatrist, claimed if all these people who live hundreds of miles apart, not even knowing each other are having the same symptoms " then this just means it is real". This was how he concluded it was real. Yet he failed to reveal the hypnotherapists worked together sharing notes. The sleep paralysis was the main symptom

What happens is the curiosity for you to learn more about this so called phenomenom takes hold. By nature, we are all curious.
Curiosity opens up your mind to be more receptive.
Think of it as a tool.

Enough reading on any given subject can convince you to take leave of your skepticism.

It really should be noted that the alien abduction explanation is most often only discovered during hypnosis. It is rare a victim will have normal memory recall. "one must get to a hypnotherapist if they want the truth and you know you want to know". Now then, what if this therapist is actually planting suggestions in your mind? Easily done because if you persue that path you've already learned enough to have kick started the suggestion. Mack and his colleagues (budd hopkins, Jacobs guy etc) will suggest "you cant just go to any old therapist, you need one who has experience with the phenomenom- here is one in your area, use her". Around 1997 there was an international, if not north american network of therapists working together on this. They would suggest you do not tell your family members or friends because you will be ridiculed, family relations will be strained.

This is my own personal opinion on the matter and if I sound like I distrust Mack, I do or did. He was killed in a hit and run btw, in 2004 I think, a drunk morotist was to blame. In any case you can search for yourselves.

I really don't think sleep paralysis is related to aliens.
edit on 13-4-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2012 by violet because: corrected 1998 to 2004

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I actually have done tests on what you are talking about. It is like a conscious dream - Where your body is still sleeping. I would try and think about aliens abducting me during these occasions and guess what? I totally saw aliens coming through my walls and trying to get me. I knew it was fake so it didn't scare me, but if I hadn't know I was dreaming I would have been really scared. I've done this several times.

I got a really bad case of sleep paralysis when I went to Berlin. I went to meet this girl and I was sleeping in her place after a long plane ride. I didn't go to bed right away - We went out to some clubs n stuff. I was really blizzled if you catch my drift and super duper tired. Well, I fell asleep while she was doing some stuff in her room. I was totally paralyzed and could only move my eyes. Everything had a very slight haze around it. I thought I was dying for a little while. lol I watched her undress (Awesome right?) and tried screaming her name, but couldn't. I tried so hard to tell her I was "trapped," and to make her wake me up. Didn't happen. I just fell back asleep, the normal kind, and all was well in a few hours. I often get trapped in my dreams. I try and literally claw back to reality, but its really hard to do. It feels like my body is coming apart - Some sort of shaking sensation. I've been having lucid dreams since I was like 10. I can tell you that you just had a dream man and nothing more. You come to websites like this so you probably think about or at least know about abductions and such. Your mind was ripe and in the right mode. This is coming from someone who can control their dreams. Well, control to an extent, a good one but not complete. UFO's usually ruin my dreams because its hard to control fear. Love is easy. ;-) Pathetic I know, but its real in my mind! haha

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
You are experiencing sleep paralysis if following happens to you;

-Being pressed down
-Muffled voice(including screams)
-Blurry vision but recognizable surroundings(your room, computer screen brightness, possibly sound)
-Dark Figures, can only see the outer figure, no features (mines were all midget sized)
-Figures usually stand/sit by your shoulders/on your back/behind you.
-You can "move" but feel tied down.

I 95% sleep faced down.

IMO, Sleep Paralysis gave birth to Alien Abduction.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
can't edit now:
I forgot to add sensation or dreams of floating or flying to the list of abduction symptoms.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
You are experiencing sleep paralysis if following happens to you;

-Being pressed down
-Muffled voice(including screams)
-Blurry vision but recognizable surroundings(your room, computer screen brightness, possibly sound)
-Dark Figures, can only see the outer figure, no features (mines were all midget sized)
-Figures usually stand/sit by your shoulders/on your back/behind you.
-You can "move" but feel tied down.

I 95% sleep faced down.

IMO, Sleep Paralysis gave birth to Alien Abduction.

I hate to fuel the Fire on this but despite the fact that Sleep Paralysis and the semi-concious period of time between being awake and asleep as the person who is NOT a Lucid Dreamer does not know they are Dreaming...can account for the Massively REDICULOUS claims of Alien Abductions....and here it comes...I almost hate myself for saying this in this Topic....I know...with 100% certainty...because of what I do....that not only is E.T. visitation of Earth a reality but so is a VERY SMALL IN NUMBER quantity of actual Human Abductions. THERE! I said it!

I hope this statement doesn't start bringing out everyone who has had a weird Sleep Paralysis Experience to believe they were abducted...they were most likely not as the probability of being abducted is in the same scale as Hitting the Lottery for Multiple Millions of Dollars...more than 10 times in a row.

The proof of my statements can be located in documentation discovered via the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT...as as this Acts action date closed in...a good sized cash of Paper Documentation was discovered by accident after the act went into effect...burried in the AGRICULTURAL DEPT. FILES of the late 1940's and early 1950's. In particular...a document released that should have been burned...was found in these agricultural files that document an inter Government Agency/ Military fight over access to recovered data and material both innert and Biological between then FBI Director...J.Edgar Hoover and General Curtis LeMay...the eventual founder of SAC and the now Famous Statement....BOMB THEM BACK TO THE STONEAGE!

There is more but I will leave it to those who wish to know to check this out....also look into the Washington DC Newspaper Headlines during the Massive E.T. Craft OVERFLIGHTS of the U.S. Capitol Building....White House and other Monuments as well as the whole Cities area. This Documentation has been not spoken of in years yet it was one of the Biggest Events in History. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis
The temporary inability to move or speak while falling asleep or waking also parallels REM-induced inhibitions of voluntary muscle activity. This natural inhibition usually goes unnoticed by people who experience normal sleep because it occurs only when they are fully asleep and entering the REM stage at the appropriate time in the sleep cycle. Experiencing sleep paralysis resembles undergoing a cataplectic attack affecting the entire body. As with cataplexy, people remain fully conscious. Cataplexy and sleep paralysis are frightening events, especially when first experienced. Shocked by suddenly being unable to move, many individuals fear that they may be permanently paralyzed or even dying. However, even when severe, cataplexy and sleep paralysis do not result in permanent dysfunction. After episodes end, people rapidly recover their full capacity to move and speak.

one of the symptoms of narcolepsy, along with :

Hallucinations
Hallucinations can accompany sleep paralysis or can occur in isolation when people are falling asleep or waking up. Referred to as hypnagogic hallucinations when occurring during sleep onset and as hypnopompic hallucinations when occurring during waking, these images are unusually vivid and can be frightening. Most often, the content is primarily visual, but any of the other senses can be involved. These hallucinations represent another intrusion of an element of REM sleep—dreaming into the wakeful state.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

That's pretty much my experience. But TWO events changed sleep paralysis for me.

One. I got an episode of it laying on my side. But this time (i can usually rock my legs to get out of it and continue doing that until i can "feel" my body, then i wake up. if i fall asleep i fall right back into it) i had the sensation of being pulled. Yup, it felt like i was being dragged from the bed i was sleep on. Yes, as in being physically pulled off the bed. I fought long and hard here..When I managed to move and look i saw my dad (i knew it wasnt him :lol
and he gave me the meanest look ever. I knew it wasn't my pops because when i "got" out of it, it was just me in the house. Yea, i was weirded out to say the least because i actually "saw" something during this episode.

And two. One time i was sleeping on my friends couch. And i got an episode... again
. Well, this time i "strained" like hell to try and move and pop! I jumped out. And i ran to my friend and said I did it i escaped and he replied "No you didn't your still sleeping on the couch" and he pointed behind me. I looked at the couch and i saw myself sleeping there. THAT's when i jump up awake (in the same pose i saw myself sleeping in btw).. weirded out. (i think i posted this one in another sleep paralysis thread)

Those aren't quite case book either. Life is.. interesting hmm

Sorry to rehash old things.. but that's what old people do
edit on 14-4-2012 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by azurecara

Well, I guess that is a nice way of insulting me. I was responding to the guy that created the Thread. He asked me what happen to me. I communicated the incident back to him! The Thread is about a major symptom that happens when you are taken by these beings. I am not here to ask for help. I am holding my own myself! I am not attempting to prove anything to anyone. You can take it or leave it. I am not here to argue with you or some jerk cop from Canada. I have given you important information that might be of use to all of you someday.

I am on this site looking for others whom have gone through what I have. That is the only reason I even came to ATS.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

The guy that started this Thread asked for my response not you! I responded to him! I will not argue with you any further. It seems to me that you have a problem! Stay in youre own country. I am only on ATS looking for others whom have gone through what I have. This thread was created about a symptom that comes with being abducted. I found Help..a Shaman by the name of William White Crow out of California and The Church Of Scientology. I have been beat up and tortured by Cops. I have no use for them!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join