It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better get your bug out bag ready.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

"Cubby leader to Raven"....lololololol

looking forward to taking full and complete control, of any and all self sustaining Government facilities nearby, that is all....

"Why Bugout, When You Can Bug In"???

Indeed..... S&F's my friend.....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

well see I would bib BUT bibbing in an apartment makes me a target.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Depending on the situation I may bug in, but I highly suggest a back up plan particularly if you are in an urban area.

Anyhow, I got that covered on my end. Will be meeting with like minds and carrying only things necessary for survival.

Just gotta stock up on more ammo now. I think I got everything else covered.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

You're a step ahead of most people, myself included, since I still don't have a solid plan. Since I live in a pretty big city the "bug out" option makes sense because I would not want to be in a ten mile traffic jam/ bottleneck when everyone tries to leave at the same time. If the situation was really severe there would probably be fires, chemical leaks, riots and marshal law.
The problem with bugging out is finding shelter, foraging, wild animals etc. Plus once you leave the city I'm sure it would be very difficult to get back in.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

Depends on just how well you know your neighbors I suppose.
I would suggest spending less time on your BOB and more time developing relationships with your neighbors.
But hey, what the hell do I really know?

I only know that the apartment you live in will keep the rain off of you, the wind off of you, and the cold off of you.
All things that you will be searching and begging GOD for when you are "bugging out" to wherever in the hell you plan on bugging out to.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

OP I checked earlier and activity seems to have died down since then, I see some quakes in California but thats normal. What are you looking at?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

omgoshhh why is the whole alaska & CASCADIA seaboard

lit up and blinking like an xmas tree?

According to your link map - we have a Giant Tidal Wave in South Island New Zealand - NOTHING on main news here but with all this rattling I'd be suprized if we escape this - Christchurch just had a 4.6 Mag but they haven't stopped rattling since the last big one.

Giant Tidal Wave ??????? Will let you know if I get wet!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Pan down and you'll see a lot worse, below the map is a detailed list.
Not good.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

Unless your Apartment has an uninteruppted view of the entire Metro Area, and a large kill zone from an elevated post, as well as, defenseable interior, and complete cooperation between all tenants in specific area....

In addition to a well stocked pantry, and generator....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

All things that you will be searching and begging GOD for when you are "bugging out" to wherever in the hell you plan on bugging out to.

Yeah I'm in Texas and half of my neighbors don't speak english lol, not sure if they are even legal. So I am bugging the hell out or I will be using that ammo rather quick.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I have to bug out if need be. There are too many NUCLEAR facilities In the US. I got to agree with the OP.
RSOE is lit up like I've never seen before as well.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

If i said where to everybody would flock. watch the animals and look at the direction which the technotic plates move ALWAYS GET ON THE SIDE GOING ^

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Required01

I look at RSOE EDIS a couple times a week to see what's going on in the world since the US news won't cover actual news events anymore. There has been a building pattern of seismic activity that has gotten almost surreal in the last month or so. Usually there are a couple reds (larger quakes) in a week but most are yellow (tiny quake) or orange. What is showing right now is insane.........................
hisz.rsoe.hu...
I have NEVER seen this level of activity with this scale before, something BIG is about to happen!

Your link says that there was a Nuclear Event on 28th of march 2012 in Fukushima Japan (Daiichi plant), why wasn't that on the news? If it's listed as a Current Emergency then this should make atleast some headlines right?

Nuclear Event in Japan on Wednesday, 28 March, 2012 at 05:45 (05:45 AM) UTC.

This is red flagged under Current Emergencies.

It's showing current because they found problems on the 28th that haven't been fixed yet, namely radioactive water leaking into the ocean and a huge problem with the coolant level in the reactor.
If you click the blue button to the right it gives details, click situation update from that screen for a list of status updates.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

There were several nuclear event threads posted form various parts of the world on ATS last couple days.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

OP I checked earlier and activity seems to have died down since then, I see some quakes in California but thats normal. What are you looking at?

Scroll down to the detailed list, that shows recent activity.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

The big question is yeah, bug out to where? How well do you know your geography and position of active fault lines? Have you researched the probabilities of faults opening where none previously existed? Do you have an idea of a time line to a major event that would predicate bugging out? Have you considered or researched the possibility that a lot of small and medium range earthquakes are releasing geologic stress sufficiently to prevent a large earthquake?

The worst thing you can do is react based on fear and supposition, it leads to panic and at that point, you're lost. Any and all great plans go out the window. The best thing anyone can do is stay informed, be rational and ACT when the time comes.

I'd do a bit of research before grabbing a bag and getting out of Dodge because you can't do that research after the fact. Stay smart, think first and then think again before acting. It's like measure twice and cut once.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/12.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Good advice. I hope that I will have 24 hours or more before getting my boots on the ground. I will need that long to be fully prepared and ready for anything.

WTSHTF you will know.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

What...have you been drinking...let's not start a panic!

Alaska is just fine...and the Cascadia's are intact...calm down!

nope but i just 'panned down' and could now use one.

cheers, bottom's up!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Required01

I look at RSOE EDIS a couple times a week to see what's going on in the world since the US news won't cover actual news events anymore. There has been a building pattern of seismic activity that has gotten almost surreal in the last month or so. Usually there are a couple reds (larger quakes) in a week but most are yellow (tiny quake) or orange. What is showing right now is insane.........................
hisz.rsoe.hu...
I have NEVER seen this level of activity with this scale before, something BIG is about to happen!

Your link says that there was a Nuclear Event on 28th of march 2012 in Fukushima Japan (Daiichi plant), why wasn't that on the news? If it's listed as a Current Emergency then this should make atleast some headlines right?

Nuclear Event in Japan on Wednesday, 28 March, 2012 at 05:45 (05:45 AM) UTC.

This is red flagged under Current Emergencies.

It's showing current because they found problems on the 28th that haven't been fixed yet, namely radioactive water leaking into the ocean and a huge problem with the coolant level in the reactor.
If you click the blue button to the right it gives details, click situation update from that screen for a list of status updates.

Thnx for the clear-up

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
If you also notice up in the alaska's there are a couple biological hazards, says
seals and polar bears are loosing their hair and developing skin lesions. Im going
to take a wild guess at contaminated water and fish from the fukushima disaster?
very sad

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join