It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking up disoriented.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Last night at about 2 am or so i woke up standing up in the middle of my room disoriented not knowing what was going on, or were i was. I couldn't see or hear anything for a minute and i had to touch my wall to figure out where i was.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Does anyone have any ideas?
edit on 12-4-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Assuming you haven't had a history of sleep walking...

Do you remember any of the dreams that night?

Perhaps you should keep a dream journal?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Dont remember my dreams last night. The wierd thing was i couldnt figure out what was going on. Kind of scary.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Been there. Explanation.......................never to be determined or ascertained.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

How often has this happened?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Hah, last night I did not dare to open my eyes coz I had no clue where I was. I had to figure it out before I opened them, talking about living in the Matrix huh? hah

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

There are all kind of Alien Issues going on all over the World..most people just dont want to talk about it. Can you tell me more about what is happening?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
There's a much higher probability of it being any number of sleep disturbances as opposed to anything paranormal. If it makes you feel any better though, movement sleep disturbances are classified as Parasomnias.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I cant sleep tonight..I have been through some weird things myself! I am spooked tonight for some reason.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I have felt like hell all day. But I drank a lot last night and on top of that I got sick.

Anyways aquestion, you were most likely sleep walking. I have done this many a times. Usually it's related to going to the bathroom. Your body wakes up but you are still asleep, kind of hard to explain. But this is a tricky situation and it should be dealt with caution, Ill explain.

I have a history of sleep walking. When I was a kid I had a dream that I picked up the fish tank, which was like a 15 gallon tank and took it to the bathroom with me when I went potty. Then in my sleep I went and picked up the fish tank and made it about 3 inches and dropped it right next to my feet and the crash is what woke me up and I was disoriented not knowing what was going on. I was terrified actually because I thought my dad was gonna kick my ass. Anyhow I am fortunate enough that it didn't land on my foot and cut a major artery.

Anyhow I don't suggest you might try such a thing but anything is possible and this served as a very valuable learning experience. One time as a kid I went and pissed in the laundry basket. Another time I went into my mothers room and threatened to piss on the floor.

The sleep walking went away after that for a greater part of my life but has returned into my adult life. Lately I have slept walked a couple times. I went into the bathroom and pissed all over the tile. My wife thought I was drunk, but that was the first time and I had to explain to her that I was sleep walking. She actually didnt believe me at first until it happened a few more times.

Now this next part is very important. NEVER WAKE UP A SLEEP WALKER. Why? Because they are in a state of confusion and a sleep walker when awakened will be very confused and can be very violent because of that state of confusion. So after the first instance I told my wife I was sleep walking, she didn't believe me but I told her, it's important GO BACK TO BED, which is exactly what I did, after pissing of course.

There was one time that I actually woke up while I was actually pissing and I was disoriented and quickly became very agitated and angry actually, because I did not understand why I was there or why I was pissing everywhere.

Take care and make sure to pass this information on to anyone you live with, it could actually save your life.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Wow thats pretty freaky that happens to my wife she will get up and do nothing and when I wake her up from it she is like huh what?? whats going on and I have to let her know its me and stuff lol

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by starks1089

yeah just tell her to go back to bed and don't wake her up trust me.

Anyways they will only remember it if you do wake them up. If you don't wake them up they won't remember a thing.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I've had a couple of experiences of waking disorientated.

They happened in my teens.
The first memorable one was a night when my parents were going out, & as I was staying in,mum asking me to get the lotto numbers. I awoke when they came home, & started crying because I had fallen asleep & missed the numbers ( I was thinking because I missed the draw we couldn't win, even tho I know thats not the case!) Mum was watching me strangely (I remember it all so clearly) & told me not to worry & guided me back to bed still crying!

Another time was much weirder. I cant recall exactly what I was thinking/dreaming, but just remember being in 'slow motion'. I awoke to find myself walking & talking in slow motion & thinking WTH????

The next freaky time, was finding myself awakening at the kitchen table, where I was banging my hands on the table as fast as I could. In my mind all I was thinking was 'fast motion' & I couldnt go fast enough. As to why, I cant remember. I just remember being freaked out upon awakening!

I've had lots of sleep paralysis episodes but they were very different to these.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

This is the second time this has happened in about 3 years.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

This is unbelievable. Yesterday I had a very similar situation to yours! I woke up in my living room, feeling extremely disoriented, my vision was all hazy, and I felt VERY heavy. It seemed like I tried to walk around in confusion, but I seemed very confused about everything, sort of like I was drunk but not really. I DISTINCTLY remember slapping myself in the cheek when becoming sort of aware of the f*ed - up state I was in, and then repeated a few times, also pinching myself, and I remember that I felt something, but barely.. hard to explain that part... So I remember that at that point, I was getting really nervous and sort of shocked, because I knew that this is beyond a dream. I knew that it wasn't a dream, it was more like a memory. Again, hard to explain, but I would just know the difference between a dream and a memory. So while I was still in this hazy - state, everything was kind of out of focus, and confusing, and I was stumbling to the kitchen because I still wasn't sure if this is real or not, and I REALLY wanted to know.. So I remember barely being able to open the fridge door, and I desperately picked up items in my fridge, like the ice-cream drumstick box, and bringing it close to my face, and turning it around (again, I did that just because I was freaking out and this was a way to know if I was dreaming, or hallucinating). I don't remember much from then on. I barely remember going back to my room and collapsed to bed because I was exhausted, when I woke up, I felt extremely tired for the rest of the day, and until now I still can't stop thinking about what happened. Please ask me any questions, please help me find out what is going on, I don't have any medical history, I am healthy, 25 year old male. I'm more like a realist, so my first thought is not some 'out of this world' explanation. I never had any history of mental or sleep disorders or drug/alcohol abuse. But this is the first time in my life, where I had a true "WHAT THE F* JUST HAPPENED" experience, so I'm not going to rule anything out at this point. I read about the memory - implanting of the grays, but never put too much thought into it, so I'm not some (not to offend) 'alien nutjob'!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeking

Pretty much exactly what happened. I don't know either. I am not THAT worried about it. But i would like to get some answers as well. I think ill ask a doctor about it first.

new topics

top topics

join