It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Declare 'War On Moms'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Obama works very close with Hilary Rosen.

He had to personally declare that candidates families should be off limits.

- Obama Slams Hilary Rosen -

Yea,his apology is a farce.

Like I said they spread the meme, and people devoured it.
michellemalkin.com...

Bottom line: For the last three years, Hilary Rosen has met nearly three dozen times with top Obama communications and political strategists from Valerie Jarrett to David Axelrod to Anita Dunn to Jim Messina to the president himself.

edit on 103030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Why did Hilary Rosen start a War on Moms?

Even Gov. Sarah Palin says Hilary Rosen has awoken mothers all across America!

This is a disaster for David Axelrod.

His GOP War on Women is just another phony war.
--------
David Axelrod has zero credibility.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Why did Hilary Rosen start a War on Moms?

Even Gov. Sarah Palin says Hilary Rosen has awoken mothers all across America!

This is a disaster for David Axelrod.

His GOP War on Women is just another phony war.
--------
David Axelrod has zero credibility.

Yes, it is the strategy, it is not a war on moms, it was to start a war among the classes.

Listen people I am not a Romney supporter, but I am seeing something different.

And it has worked, you see how posters feel about the wealthy.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I predict there will be no more attacks on Ann Romney.

Obama has declared her - off limits -.
--------
I guess it's back to the Buffet Tax which solves nothing.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

--------

No more attacks are necessary, it has that snowball affect, the exact same thing they did to Palin and her family
Plant the seed of hate.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Damrod

This is such a load of extreme crapola. I'm not Democrat but the Republicans are so panicked about how badly they fair with women they are grasping at straws.

Seems to me that works both ways, Democrats are making it a big deal with regards to her not working outside the home, on this very topic,

I wouldn't call visiting Obama 35 times at the WH, a women who is out of touch with Obama.

Top Democrat adviser Hilary Rosen defended her attack on Ann Romney today on CNN.
Yesterday, Rosen claimed that Ann Romney “never worked a day in her life” because she chose to stay home and raise five sons.

Rosen blamed Mitt Romney for her attacks on his wife.
“Look, Mitt Romney brought his wife into this conversation.”
www.thegatewaypundit.com...
NO she did.

Lol-lol-lol!

It doesn't change the fact this is a stupid act of desperation on the Republican front. It wreaks of it. Anyone with an IQ higher than a baked ham can see this. Who cares if the POTUS distanced himself from an absurd comment? I would have done the same thing...anyone reasonable person would...especially if they disagreed with it. (Unlike Romney not distancing himself from Limbaugh's stupid tirade)

I said it before, both parties suck. I just get a real hoot out of seeing "Mr. Roboto" Romney wallowing in fail. He is beside himself because he was so sure his money "entitled" him to the office and now he is finding out you cannot buy every vote...What a comedy show this whole primary season has been.

Get the popcorn ready, this is going to be a hysterically funny meltdown to watch!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
She has an excellent point. How can a woman whom has never had to deal with the real economics of say a "single mom" possibly understand what moms go through on an economic level??? And even if you take her statement as the holy truth, I still don't understand how a "stay at home" mom married to a wealthy man can possibly understand the economics of this world.

Yeah, what I'm curious about (but not really curious enough to investigate) is did the Romney's have maids and cooks and nannies? Does Mrs. Romney even do the laundry, vacuum, do the weekly food shopping?

Since many people are curious,

Ann Romney’s Résumé Includes More Than ‘Stay-at-Home Mother’
thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...

Now she is a breast cancer survivor and has MS, that may be somewhat limiting now, but she still does lot of charity work,

Do you honestly believe that Ann Romney has had to make one chicken last a week for a whole family? Do you honestly believe that Ann Romney has been forced to buy boxed macaroni and cheese and ramen noodle soup to feed her family? Do you honestly believe that Ann Romney's children will have to either go to community college, or be forced to take out student loans? Seriously? Do you honestly believe that Ann Romney knows anything about struggling for money?

Being a stay-at-home mother has nothing do with being familiar with hard economic times. There are rich stay-at-home moms. Being a working woman has nothing to do with being familiar with hard economic times. There are successful working women out there. Being involuntarily unemployed, or having a spouse who is involuntarily unemployed has EVERYTHING to do with being familiar with hard economic times. Having to survive in a low-paying job has EVERYTHING to do with being familiar with hard economic times. Having been raised in a family who has struggled with involuntary unemployment or low-paying jobs has EVERYTHING to do with being familiar with hard economic times.

Ann Romney was raised by a very wealthy family. She went straight from that very wealthy family to marriage with a very wealthy man. She has never known what it is to be involuntarily unemployed, or had to survive a low-paying job. Never. Yes, she knows what it's like to raise children, but she does NOT know what it's like to raise children with little or no money. Is this not a fact?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Obama said yesterday that : there is no tougher job than being a mom.

Why are you attacking Ann Romney?

You are just continuing the spiral of despair for Hilary Rosen.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Obama Releases Taxes, Does Not Qualify for Buffett Rule
nationaljournal.com...
Speaking of Buffett,

You don't find the timing of this comment aimed at Ann, at this point interesting?

It's all about politics.

edit on 113030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I certainly hope this thread title gets changed as it is 100% inaccurate.

Democrats (as if its all Democrats) declare "war on Moms" (as if its all Moms).

That being said, is this singular Democrats words inaccurate about this singluar Mom?

Not really.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

reply to post by kaylaluv

Obama said yesterday that : there is no tougher job than being a mom.

You are just continuing the spiral of despair for Hilary Rosen.

Please explain exactly how I attacked Ann Romney. What exactly did I say that was an attack? Did I call her stupid? Did I call her ugly? Did I call her the "b" word or the "c" word? How did I attack her? Please explain.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

What did I tell you?

Proves my point, Obama wont attack Ann, but he got the ball rolling.

Now watch for the vicious attacks on the family the sons and daughter in laws.

link   

She has an excellent point. How can a woman whom has never had to deal with the real economics of say a "single mom" possibly understand what moms go through on an economic level??? And even if you take her statement as the holy truth, I still don't understand how a "stay at home" mom married to a wealthy man can possibly understand the economics of this world.

She really does not need to understand the economics of the world. She needs compassion and empathy to name a few things. Ann Romney is Mitt's biggest asset. She is a good woman.

Romney said that if she became First Lady of the United States, she would seek to work with at-risk youths and on behalf of those with multiple sclerosis

en.wikipedia.org...

link   

--------

I disagree.

They'll just go at her from another angle.

They'll mock her and Mitt having money.

They'll make "being successful" the new insult.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Obama Releases Taxes, Does Not Qualify for Buffett Rule
nationaljournal.com...
Speaking of Buffett,

You don't find the timing of this comment aimed at Ann, at this point interesting?

It's all about politics.

Funny how you have ignored my questions for you.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

--------

I disagree.

Absolutely, bee.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
"lowly homemaker"

It's a joke to assert that Democrats "declare war on moms" when the fact is GOP legislators across the country have introduced bills that attack women's reproductive freedoms.

The truth is, Rosen's comments were a commentary on the idea that Mitt Romney (so out of touch) has stated time and again that his wife keeps him informed on women's economic issues. However, she is no more in touch with their concerns than he is, having not had to worry about having to make ends meet while holding down a job and raising kids at the same time. Neither has she had to worry about running a household on one limited income. To pretend otherwise is laughable.

Rosen's comments were of an economic nature, a commentary on privilege. I'd love someone to ask Ann Romney if she raised her five boys with the help of nannies. LoL!

The reason this is so blown out of proportion - on both sides - is that the 2012 election will be excruciatingly close and ultimately decided by a very narrow demographic group: women voters who define themselves as independents.

Stay-at-home moms and, indeed women everywhere, should be offended that pundits and politicians think they are so naive as to not see through this rhetoric. And that real issues go undiscussed...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

The reason this is so blown out of proportion - on both sides - is that the 2012 election will be excruciatingly close and ultimately decided by a very narrow demographic group: women voters who define themselves as independents.

I can't argue with that.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

--------

I disagree.

Attacking Moms Across America will only send more women to vote for Mitt Romney.

--------
They already have the Mitt Romney / Gordon Gekko tapes in the can.

They will label Mitt Romney a member of the richest 1% and therefore

- out of touch - with average Americans.

------
They better pivot away from this Buffet Tax. It's not working.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

She really does not need to understand the economics of the world. She needs compassion and empathy to name a few things. Ann Romney is Mitt's biggest asset. She is a good woman.

Romney said that if she became First Lady of the United States, she would seek to work with at-risk youths and on behalf of those with multiple sclerosis

en.wikipedia.org...

No one has ever claimed she wasn't a good woman. No one has claimed she wasn't compassionate. Mitt claims that he lets her advise him on women's economic issues. She knows nothing about women's economic issues. Compassion alone does not provide the experience needed to advise on economic issues.

Now, if she had spent years working with economically-challenged women, she may know a little about what they have to deal with. But I haven't seen any evidence that she has done this.

This is NOT an attack. This is just statement of a fact. If Mitt needed to be advised on what it's like to have MS, Ann would be the perfect person to advise him - UNLESS he needed to know what it's like to have MS on little or no money. She is NOT the best person to advise him on that. Fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join