It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Declare 'War On Moms'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

So ....does the War on Moms continue.......???

Hilary Rosen already said to declare peace on this - phony - war.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

There never was a war on moms. It has nothing to do with moms. It has nothing to do with MS or breast cancer. It has to do with WOMEN. It has to do with women and their economic issues. It has to do with Ann Romney not having any economic issues, i.e., she has never had to worry about economic issues. Therefore she has no personal experience with the worries of economic issues. Therefore she is not the best person to listen to about women and economic issues.

This was Hillary Rosen's point. Get it??

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed
She isn't every democrat and most dems came out against her instantly.

That's all I care about.

It's too late.

The genie is out of the bottle.

Liberal operative Hilary Rosen: Lets declare peace on this - phony - war.

--------
Suddenly, David Axelrod has zero credibility.

You do realize that if a single pundit could destroy the credibility of an entire party, the GOP would have been destroyed the second Glenn Beck opened his mouth...right?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

...but then the talking heads put their spin on it and now it's an all out war on moms conducted by the entire Democratic party!! Aren't you whipped up into a frenzy? Aren't you outraged over this? Doesn't it make you want to rush right out and by your Romney 2012 bumper sticker and maybe purchase a few more weapons while you're at it?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

...but then the talking heads put their spin on it and now it's an all out war on moms conducted by the entire Democratic party!! Aren't you whipped up into a frenzy? Aren't you outraged over this? Doesn't it make you want to rush right out and by your Romney 2012 bumper sticker and maybe purchase a few more weapons while you're at it?

I think Romney's slowly adopting Santorum's slogan and only changes the name: "Romney 2012, because f*** logic!"

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

The talking heads are gonna do what the talking heads always do. And political rhetoric during an election campaign is what it is. What drives me crazy is when the general populace actually falls for it. Are they really all that dumb???

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by mudbeed
She isn't every democrat and most dems came out against her instantly.

That's all I care about.

It's too late.

The genie is out of the bottle.

Liberal operative Hilary Rosen: Lets declare peace on this - phony - war.

--------
Suddenly, David Axelrod has zero credibility.

You do realize that if a single pundit could destroy the credibility of an entire party, the GOP would have been destroyed the second Glenn Beck opened his mouth...right?

Obama had to come out and make a statement about Hilary Rosen yesterday.

Maybe Hilary Rosen will get hired at Fox News as a contributor?

She ended the phony war!

------

David Axelrod is running away from Hilary Rosen as fast as he can.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

There never was a war on moms. It has nothing to do with moms. It has nothing to do with MS or breast cancer. It has to do with WOMEN. It has to do with women and their economic issues. It has to do with Ann Romney not having any economic issues, i.e., she has never had to worry about economic issues. Therefore she has no personal experience with the worries of economic issues. Therefore she is not the best person to listen to about women and economic issues.

This was Hillary Rosen's point. Get it??

No, i heard it on the TV.

Hilary Rosen declared a War on Moms.

Moms never work a day in their lives! Apparently, Hilary Rosen thinks being a

good mother and housekeeper is not a job? That is outrageous!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

She never said raising children isn't hard as a mother

She said Romney's wife isn't the right person to assess economic problems as she never had any...which is the TRUTH.

The only reason the GOP blows it out of proportion is because they want to deflect form their own campaign to take away women's reproductive rights. After all, they already voted the equal pay bill a while back

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is such a load of extreme crapola. I'm not Democrat but the Republicans are so panicked about how badly they fair with women they are grasping at straws.

This lady that made the comments is just a "democratic strategist" and doesn't even work with the POTUS re-election campaign. She had an opinion. Have you always had opinions that everyone in the world agrees with? I'm going to guess....erm....NO.

Personally, I think it was a stupid thing to say but guess what? This is the USA and she is entitled to say whatever she wants. Does she represent all democrats because she is a democrat? That is a retarded thing to say and believe. Does she represent all women because she is a woman? Absolutely not...

The repubs know without the women vote...they lose and their draconian policies removing a woman's rights to choose and get medical treatment is what got them in this boat. They are desperate and will say any stupid thing in the world to try to dodge the storm of bullets they are under.

I personally hope for a really solid third party candidate. The "two party system" is a joke...they are two wings of the same bird of prey and they have both failed the American people.

but that being said...people need to stop acting like horse's @sses. One person, speaking without the consensus of a group....DOES NOT represent that group. That is like saying all men age 30 to 50 are alcoholics because one man steps up and admits to it. It's stupid.
edit on 4/13/2012 by Damrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by Eurisko2012

She never said raising children isn't hard as a mother

She said Romney's wife isn't the right person to assess economic problems as she never had any...which is the TRUTH.

The only reason the GOP blows it out of proportion is because they want to deflect form their own campaign to take away women's reproductive rights. After all, they already voted the equal pay bill a while back

Hilary Rosen has already apologized and declared an end to this - phony - war on women.

Here it is.
ABC - Hilary Rosen

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
She has an excellent point. How can a woman whom has never had to deal with the real economics of say a "single mom" possibly understand what moms go through on an economic level??? And even if you take her statement as the holy truth, I still don't understand how a "stay at home" mom married to a wealthy man can possibly understand the economics of this world.

Yeah, what I'm curious about (but not really curious enough to investigate) is did the Romney's have maids and cooks and nannies? Does Mrs. Romney even do the laundry, vacuum, do the weekly food shopping?

Since many people are curious,

Ann Romney’s Résumé Includes More Than ‘Stay-at-Home Mother’
thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...

Now she is a breast cancer survivor and has MS, that may be somewhat limiting now, but she still does lot of charity work,

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

This is such a load of extreme crapola. I'm not Democrat but the Republicans are so panicked about how badly they fair with women they are grasping at straws.

Seems to me that works both ways, Democrats are making it a big deal with regards to her not working outside the home, on this very topic,

I wouldn't call visiting Obama 35 times at the WH, a women who is out of touch with Obama.

Top Democrat adviser Hilary Rosen defended her attack on Ann Romney today on CNN.
Yesterday, Rosen claimed that Ann Romney “never worked a day in her life” because she chose to stay home and raise five sons.

Rosen blamed Mitt Romney for her attacks on his wife.
“Look, Mitt Romney brought his wife into this conversation.”
www.thegatewaypundit.com...
NO she did.
edit on 103030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
while this indeed was a stupid thing to say, why is this getting so much media attention. most of the time when i hear someone say something stupid like that i think, wow that was really stupid.....that tends to be the end of it. but look at this coverage! my wife is a stay at home mother raising our girls and yes she works hard. she also has a master's degree in business and is very bright. so i'm sure we can all agree it was a dumb comment and move on right? or did we get our feelings hurt? ):

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This thread is a war on people with brains. If you can't see the political hyperbole then i pity you.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Bottom line: For the last three years, Hilary Rosen has met nearly three dozen times with top Obama communications and political strategists from Valerie Jarrett to David Axelrod to Anita Dunn to Jim Messina to the president himself.

Any notion that her frontal assault on GOP women was an accident or lone wolf move is contradicted by the long paper trail of her intimate working relationship with the White House campaign/media team. The data also puts the disavowals of Messina/Axelrod last night into much-needed perspective.

Here is the list, and I too think MM makes a good point, it was done intentionally,
michellemalkin.com...

It is politically motivated, why wouldn't it be?

With the economy the way it is and democrats sympathizing/pandering with the 99% for votes.

link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Damrod

Seems to me that works both ways, Democrats are making it a big deal with regards to her not working outside the home, on this very topic,

I wouldn't call visiting Obama 35 times at the WH, a women who is out of touch with Obama.

Top Democrat adviser Hilary Rosen defended her attack on Ann Romney today on CNN.
Yesterday, Rosen claimed that Ann Romney “never worked a day in her life” because she chose to stay home and raise five sons.

Rosen blamed Mitt Romney for her attacks on his wife.
“Look, Mitt Romney brought his wife into this conversation.”
www.thegatewaypundit.com...
NO she did.

Obama works very close with Hilary Rosen.

He had to personally declare that candidates families should be off limits.

- Obama Slams Hilary Rosen -

link   
See the Republicans lose. Lose, Republicans, lose.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by alfa1
So if I understand correctly, one single individual from a PR company saying two words ("lowly homemaker") about one indiviual constitutes a WAR by all entire one hundred percent of Democrats against ALL mothers?

Exaggeration much?

edit on 12-4-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

It depends.

Maybe she was told to say that.

It didn't sound like an ad-lib comment.

It may have come from the DNC.

But it probably didn't did it? The person has apologised for her comments, people in the actual Democrat party including the President and First Lady have both said they disagree with her points, this is just clutching at straws.

I guess this may be a straw clutched as Romney trails so far behind in support from females. Hmmm, what could the Republican candidates as a whole be preaching that a lot of women think should be a matter of personal choice?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Romney got rich off of destroying peoples jobs via Bayne Capital. All of you people doing "Well employs a few maids" are beyond ironic.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join