It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Declare 'War On Moms'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The Dems went after Sarah Palin's child.

And now Ann Romney.

great choices.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Coming from the position of a SAHM on the left, it's obviously not whether or not Mrs.Romney chose to work or stay at home, had 2 kids or 5- basically she didn't HAVE to work because of the incredibly large amount of money Mitt brought home every month. You can choose to be a SAHM for many reasons and quite honestly I am personally sick of everyone assuming the actual act is anything but a noble sacrifice for those not in the top 1%.

Here's the importance, however, of the Romney justification of staying at home:

If you believe being there for your children is so important why does the US still rank as one of the lowest "family friendly" countries in the world in regard to paid maternity and parental leave?
As in we have none.

A slippery slope indeed......

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
From what I hear Ann Romney is a remarkable and well loved human being, and could be Mitt's ace in the. hole,

en.wikipedia.org...

Remember when Obama said to lay off his wife and kids?

abcnews.go.com...

Hilary Rosen, Frequent White House Visitor

the notion that Rosen is just some Democrat talking head, completely disconnected from the Obama administration and campaign is . . . not plausible.
www.nationalreview.com...

White House visitor logs indicate that “Hilary Rosen” visited the White House 35 times.

Gen. David Petraeus, head of our efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the current CIA director, nine times.

Further perspective: Energy Secretary Stephen/Steve Chu visited 16 times. (Guests are listed by name, not by title, so it is theoretically possible these totals count a separate person with the same name. In the case of Chu, I’m presuming he is the one listing of “Steve Chu” as well as the 15 “Stephen Chu” listings.)

Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki has visited 19 times.

Former CIA director and current Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, 12 times.

Sure they want to attack her and trash her and make the public get a false impression of her she is dangerous.

Ann Romney is the Romney Democrats fear most

Read more: www.politico.com...

As Romney closes in on his party’s nomination, Obama campaign officials and strategists view Ann Romney as a wild card in the fall campaign — a skilled and articulate advocate whose full power has yet to be unleashed. If she’s armed with a passionate vision for a Romney White House, the opposition believes she could emerge as a compelling surrogate for her husband around the country.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

I thought that video was proven to be a staged event ??

Shills and Minions.

Nope. The guy whipping bills at the handicapped man was identified and publicly apologized.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
From what I hear Ann Romney is a remarkable and well loved human being, and could be Mitt's ace in the. hole,

If Romney is counting on his wife getting him elected...then is she fair game in the political arena? Can you have it both ways? If she speaks on economics, can those credentials be challenged?

I tend to think...who cares...wifes off limits, thats that.

But I will say this...if Romney is hoping his WIFE will get him elected, then there is real desperation there....not to mention a disconnect with the average voter. Will Ann be debating for him as well? Desperate.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
This just further illustrates the insufferable attitude of those on the left who don't fit into their narrow definitions.

It's only the begining of a long hot summer.

When is the Mormon bashing going to start?
edit on 12-4-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

This War on Moms is going to backfire on the liberals.

They must be desperate to attack her like this.

It's hard to believe David Axelrod approved of this attack. He is going to regret this.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I just googled around on this ....WOW...Romney is milking this for whatever he can get. By the end of the day the right wing media will be claiming that Rosen is Obama's secret campaign manager.

Romney has to take what he can get, but I don't think this buys him any traction with Women given his history....but he has to try something, even if it is inflating a controversy with his wife as bait.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The wives always play an important role, for instance,

Michelle is more popular than Obama.

More popular than her husband, Michelle Obama's approval ratings hover near 70% while President Barack Obama's are less than 40%.

www.forbes.com...
And of course she campaigns for her husband so it was Obama that said hands off, if he is behind having people going after Ann, then he is a hypocrite.

I always left Michelle and the kids alone even though people went after Bush's daughters, and Carter's daughter, Clinton's daughter, and they totally went insane over trashing the Palins,

edit on 033030p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

You are confused if you think the wife's popularity numbers matter...any polster or poltical science hack will tell you that history 100% disagrees with you. BTW - Wives are ALWAYS more popular than thier husbands.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
I just googled around on this ....WOW...Romney is milking this for whatever he can get. By the end of the day the right wing media will be claiming that Rosen is Obama's secret campaign manager.

Romney has to take what he can get, but I don't think this buys him any traction with Women given his history....but he has to try something, even if it is inflating a controversy with his wife as bait.

Please!

The Obama team stepped in it big time.

Basically, the Obama team farted at the dinner table and you and everyone else will just nod at Obama and blame the dog.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

"The Obama Team"??...it's going to take Glenn Beck to connect those dots, but I have no doubt the right wing will try...anything to not talk about real issues!

Greg Sargent has a statement from CNN:

Hilary Rosen, like all CNN contributors, is not a paid advisor to any political party or presidential campaign.

Now, presumably some on the right will argue that Rosen may be an unpaid adviser to Obama and/or Dems. But that doesn’t even appear to be the case, and at any rate, anyone being honest about this will tell you that in this town, the category of “unpaid adviser” is borderline meaningless.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

You are confused if you think the wife's popularity numbers matter...any polster or poltical science hack will tell you that history 100% disagrees with you. BTW - Wives are ALWAYS more popular than thier husbands.

indigo, YOU ARE NAIVE IF YOU DON'T THINK THE WIVES POPULARITY IS IMPORTANT.

oops caps,

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

anything to not talk about real issues!

Do you think bring up the fact Ann is a stay at home mom is a REAL issue?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Apologies. I should have said "progressive shill for Obama" but I got lazy.

Correction noted.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I could not read past "lowly homemaker"

I have been fortunate enough to be a HOUSEWIFE.
I have not worked outside my home in 10 years.I
had a wedding business I ran out of my home.The
weddings were few and far between though.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

"Democrats Declare 'War On Moms'"…. That’s a bit of a stretch isn’t it?

Hilary Rosen, a partner at SKDKnickerbocker, the PR firm of former Obama communications director Anita Dunn charged that Ann Romney "hasn't worked a day in her life" and suggested that Ann Romney can't possibly understand economic issues because she's a lowly homemaker

Former Obama communications director...

Okay… if that’s someone's idea of Democrats declaring war.... here we go!! Another election year in full swing... let the rhetoric fly!!

edit on 12-4-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Please!

The Obama team stepped in it big time.

Basically, the Obama team farted at the dinner table and you and everyone else will just nod at Obama and blame the dog.

Yes, Hilary Rosen has already apologized to Ann Romney.

She said her words were poorly chosen.

It's too late. The genie is out of the bottle.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

anything to not talk about real issues!

Do you think bring up the fact Ann is a stay at home mom is a REAL issue?

No I don't think the average American stay at home mom relates to a Mogul's wife with 4 Mansions and thinks, she must have a hard time like me making it all work.

She is a "Stay at home Mom" as much as a retired Billionaire is "Unemployed".

The right will spin it until actual everyday "stay at home Moms" struggling to pay the bills barf a little in thier mouth.

They should have thrown the deserved punch and moved on, but Romney has taken this opportunity to launch his wife into the frey...hey, she has a twitter acount now! It is bad strategy. Ann is not going to salvage his campaign.

I know we disagree there, but that's my take.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I could not read past "lowly homemaker"

If you think Rosen said that, you've been punked. The OP "mistakenly" put that in quotes despite it being the authors words, not Rosen's.

BTW - I did use quotations correctly when I wrote "Mistakenly"...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yup a sincere apology, not, the meme is out there, and she can't put the Genie back in the bottle, she accomplished what Obama wanted, trash Ann.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join