It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Declare 'War On Moms'

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I can't believe the filthy Dems are shooting moms in the streets... so soon! They should at least wait until we finish subjegating all the wanton, aborting, childless women before going after the moms.

Sigh, I suppose we could house the orphans in bible camps... the boys, that is...

Please join the Republicans as we correct the past and "Put the Rib Back in Adam" before it's too late!

Remember "divide and conquer" pertains to the sexes... join us as we remake the world in HIS image!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
In all fairness to the 1%:

(story from August 2009)

“In my own life, in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this country that has given me so much,” she said. “See, that’s why I left a job at a big law firm for a career in public service,” — Michelle Obama.

We were wrong.

Michelle Obama, as we reported on July 7, is not served by twenty-two attendants who stand by to cater to her every whim.

She is served by twenty-six attendants, including a hair dresser and make-up artist.

[color=gold]The annual cost to taxpayers for such unprecedented attention is approximately $1,750,000 without taking into account the expense of the lavish benefit packages afforded to every attendant.

First Lady Now Requires 26 Servants

Ironic ?

Ironically, your "article" is not totally accurate.

Lelyveld said that Michelle Obama’s staff was actually no different than that of her predecessor, Laura Bush. "[W]e have exactly the same staff number as Mrs. Bush and our office organization reflects a similar staffing model, so insinuations otherwise are wrong," she said. Lelyveld said that the White House’s "personnel records indicate" that there were 24 staffers for Laura Bush at some point. We were able to verify at least 18 staffers for Laura Bush, as of June 30, 2008, via the 2008 White House staff list published in The Washington Post’s White House Watch column. Sixteen people were specifically referred to as a "first lady" staffer, and Amy Zantzinger and Dorothy Thornton served as White House social secretary and deputy social secretary, respectively. It’s possible that someone with the title of "staff assistant" was assigned to the Office of First Lady as well, as is the case with Michelle Obama’s staff.
The combined annual salaries for the 22 staffers we can specifically identify as working for Michelle Obama come to $1.6 million. For the 18 we could identify as working for Laura Bush in 2008, the total is $1.4 million.

www.factcheck.org...

Believe me, if Ann Romney became First Lady, she would have no less "attendants" than Michelle has.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

The article was very true.

But only focused on Michelle.

It was fair to the 1%.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

It was fair to the 1%.

Michelle Obama: born on the south side of Chicago to working-class parents. She grew up in a one-bedroom apartment, sharing the living room with her brother as their bedroom. Went to college on scholarships.

Ann Romney: born the daughter of a millionaire, was raised by a nanny - went to private schools. Married a millionaire.

How's that for a true comparison?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Ok, Romney said "even if you have a child 2 years of age, you need to go to work.” ...
...the GOP candidate said "you need to go to work.”.... it wasn't a female pundit saying a mother should "go to work."...
is he saying that mothers are lowly homemakers? ...I'm going to go type up a response .... ok, here's my response...

Romney apparently subscribes to the Linda Hirschman worldview, one that posits women are only as valuable as their contributions outside the home, unrelated to children and family. Rearing up the next generation that will someday run the world is woefully under appreciated.

From an overflow of the heart the mouth speaks and Romney makes it clear that his prejudice against women who stay home stems from a lack of respect and appreciation for what those women do. If the goal of feminism is choice, Romney betrays the mutual respect amongst members of the female sex by degrading the choices of other women.

....now I need a headline... Republicans Declare 'War on Moms' ...Dana Loesch, you're so inspiring!...

MrXYZ, what a great find!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
reply to post by MrXYZ

Ok, Romney said "even if you have a child 2 years of age, you need to go to work.” ...
...the GOP candidate said "you need to go to work.”.... it wasn't a female pundit saying a mother should "go to work."...
is he saying that mothers are lowly homemakers? ...I'm going to go type up a response .... ok, here's my response...

Romney apparently subscribes to the Linda Hirschman worldview, one that posits women are only as valuable as their contributions outside the home, unrelated to children and family. Rearing up the next generation that will someday run the world is woefully under appreciated.

From an overflow of the heart the mouth speaks and Romney makes it clear that his prejudice against women who stay home stems from a lack of respect and appreciation for what those women do. If the goal of feminism is choice, Romney betrays the mutual respect amongst members of the female sex by degrading the choices of other women.

....now I need a headline... Republicans Declare 'War on Moms' ...Dana Loesch, you're so inspiring!...

MrXYZ, what a great find!

Whaaaa? You mean they don't have choice, like Ann Romney had choice????

Guess it's their own fault for not being daughters of millionaires and not marrying millionaires...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

lowly home maker... does not know economics.... ?? maybe mitts wife does not since... well lets be quite honest... she probably does not even do housework and has servants...

now if you say to my mother she does not know economics?? she would slap you across the face with a wet rag and send you to bed without supper.

If you are talking about single moms.. the bigger problem is why there are so many single moms to begin with...

want to get rid of single moms.. teach safe sex and good morals.. none of this bs go screw people and don't worry about anything. Have marriage actually mean something not just some excuse to blow a huge amount of money to have a huge party then to divorce a few days later because the guy looked at you bad. men need to stop being horn dogs and own up to a wife and kids.

My mother worked till us kids were born and i ddint return till we were all in school. She even admitted that working is easier than home making house wife. when we were babies it was really tough on her and she was happy to get back to work.

so they really need to $(#$ off the lowly homemaker

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is nothing more than how extreme the election process of the United states has gotten.

One person said this so the whole party MUST think it.

It's getting old fast. Wait a minute it's already old.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by js331975
This is nothing more than how extreme the election process of the United states has gotten.

It's not getting old to Stephen Colbert.

He informed Hilary Rosen - democrat strategist - that it is very bad strategy to

attack motherhood.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

It's not getting old to Stephen Colbert.

He informed Hilary Rosen - democrat strategist - that it is very bad strategy to

attack motherhood.

Does your pony ever get tired of doing that one trick???

You are guilty of "truthiness" - a very different thing from the truth.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Here is the video of her declaring a war on moms.

They blasted her on Meet The Press.

She was convinced not to appear on that show by the White House.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Nope, wrong answer. Thanks for playing!

The little war you are waging will be forgotten by next week.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

The Hilary Rosen has the Twitter world on fire.

Why attack mothers across America?

Even David Axelrod is running away from her.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

no...it wasn't..

such unprecedented attention

Unless by "unprecedented" you meant exactly the same number of staff as Laura Bush and most other first ladies that preceeded her?

edit on 16-4-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

It is a gift you have...the ability to repeatedly post words without any point or substance.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

It is a gift you have...the ability to repeatedly post words without any point or substance.

More bad news for the White House: Bill Maher is advancing the Hilary Rosen narrative.

Bill Maher also trashed Ann Romney by attacking motherhood.

It looks like Obama may have to give back the $1 million.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

She wasn't attacking women, she was stating a FACT: Mrs Romney never worked a job in the economy in her life! Like the rest of the right-wing media you simply take the entire sentence out of context

They claimed Mrs Romney has a good feel on how women struggle in this difficult economy. She clearly hasn't if she NEVER WORKED A DAY IN HER LIFE. She has 5 (!!!!) nannies to take care of her kids, so even being a mother was a LOT easier for her than the average mother in the US. Unless you're crazy enough to claim most mothers in the US have 5 nannies

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Don't forget that everyone else in the Democratic party has backed away from these comments.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Don't forget that everyone else in the Democratic party has backed away from these comments.

Because it's campaign season and they often shy away from confrontation

The GOP on the other hand has wayyyyyyyy more anti-women actions going on...real action, not just words:

1) They want take away women's reproductive rights.
2) They want to take away women's equal pay rights.
3) They want to take away women's rights at the workplace.

IN short, compared to the Democrats, the GOP is ACTIVELY taking away women's rights. So no matter if you believe Rosen's comments were good/bad, the fact remains...the Democrats aren't actively taking away women's rights...but the GOP is

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Attacking motherhood during an election year is bad strategy.

It doesn't help that Bill Maher is advancing the narrative by ALSO attacking motherhood.

All of these scandals are taking a toll on Obama.

Gallup Poll today : Romney 48% : Obama 43%

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join