It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Declare 'War On Moms'

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damrod
Well here is new info for the discussion...I am not a shy fellow.

I was on my porch. I live in a townhouse commnity with about 29 other units. There are lots of young mothers pushing carriages about...so...I stopped them and asked them a couple of questions...and it was SOOO revealing of our state of nation....

I asked "excuse me ma'm...I am doing a poll based on the recent explosion of public interest"...(none of thenm knew who rosenberg was)

"Do you think that the economic situation is more important or is women's right's to choose" Half of them said "the economy is very important"...and I responded "but you understand that one party wants to remove your right to choose....if you are raped and get pregnant...they do not want to let you choose to decide what to do about that"

Almost all of them looked at me like a deer in the headlights "what do you mean?"

"There is one party that wants to make it difficult for you to make that decision....they think they know your body better than you do"

"Oh that is not acceptable"..."If I were raped and got pregnant, I would want the choice to decide for myself"

"Well ma'm...if you vote for money and economy, you are going to lose that choice'..."how does that make you feel?"

"That isn't fair" "We should be able to choose what to do with our bodies and still vote for economy"

I said "that is true but that is not how it is....so which do you choose?"

" I choose choice"

Nuff said.

I did this for the last couple of hours and interviewed like 12 women...this was an almost atypical respsone....

Many don't know what is at stake....we all need to let them know....it is important that we do...even in a small way like I did today.

edit on 4/14/2012 by Damrod because: (no reason given)

Next time ask them if they agree with Hilary Rosen that being a mother is not a job.

Our nation requires a strong foundation.

Mothers hold the family together. They do not deserve to be trashed by Hilary Rosen.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Funny you should say that...

BREAKING NEWS ON THE HAGERSTOWN INFO POLL"....

I asked a couple out doing yard work together...

"Excuse me, I hate to be a bother but do you have a couple of minutes to answer some general questions"

They ageed.

To make a long story short...they had not heard of "Rosenberg"....But I ask...

"Apparently this lady "rosenberg" accused Mrs. Romney of not having worked a day in her life yet she has 5 children"....

"Well...that is probably true....if her kids needed something she probably had a servant take care of it"

"What about a woman's right to choose....say you get raped and get pregnant...shoudl the state have any say in how you handle that"

Unanimously

"Absolutely not. If that were to happen, it's my choice to abort...the state has no business there"

But the state wants to go there, the party that says they can fix our economy thinks they know what is best with your body. What do you choose, a good paying job or the right to choose what to do with your body?

"I choose to make my own decisions"

It is everywhere.

I will continue and broaden this. This is a small farming town with 50,000 inhabitants and a serious religous influence...but "they get it"....

does anyone else?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
So I have to ask:

If a "war" is defined as one person of a party making a statement the other party takes offense of, and I would claim to be a Democrat...well...if I say something like "Cheney is fat" (truth...but probably still offensive...just like Rosen's statement), did I just declare war against Cheney and/or fat people?

I ask because if that's the case, then hooooooolly crap are we in a ton of wars

WW2 is nothing compared to all the "wars" we have going on now

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by jimmyx

It's not false outrage.

The Twitter World - e x p l o d e d - when Hilary Rosen let the truth slip out on CNN.

Obama had to rush out there and throw her under the bus.

Obama: There is no tougher job than being a mom.

yes, there are tougher jobs. being a multi-millionaire's stay at home wife, and not having to go into the world and support you and your kids by working in some low-paying, part-time, no-benefit job, is alot tougher than hers was.
and by the way, this is a non-issue with obama, he never did have any dealings with rosen, nor did he ever agreee with her, and he disputed her claims immediately and publicly...just maybe because how he himself had to grow up with his own single, hard-working mother, and his own wife that had an outside job while her kids were young.....that is why it is false outrage

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
So I have to ask:

If a "war" is defined as one person of a party making a statement the other party takes offense of, and I would claim to be a Democrat...well...if I say something like "Cheney is fat" (truth...but probably still offensive...just like Rosen's statement), did I just declare war against Cheney and/or fat people?

I ask because if that's the case, then hooooooolly crap are we in a ton of wars

WW2 is nothing compared to all the "wars" we have going on now

LOL....

The right wants to declare 'war" where they are the weakest....hoping the sleeping sheep will slide in and fortify their position.

I am doing work on the street.....and this is WRONG

I will continue to do this. Hagesrtown is a small town and I can probably hit 25 to 30 houses a day. I am going to do it. I want 2 things here....

1) I want ladies to feel they can speak their mind (hubby around or not) Hidden and silenced voices are tragedy.
2) That they fully understand what might be at stake here. This is big stuff people. Maybe some of you don't "get it" but I do. Are you a person or a servant of a person. Is it your body or the ward of the state?

I worked my ass off for 28 years to make sure my family had freedom to make decisions for themselves...right, wrong...irrelevant. It is a choice of the mother to make. I am going to fight this....like I have never fought anything before...and why? Because I have daughters....lovely little ladies that should have all the rights afforded to them....this is not "OK" for someone to suddenly tell them they must live this way or that way....I will fight till they pull the gun from my cold dead fingers....

I am a daddy...I love my little girls and I will fight for them....I will fight till the mountains fall in and the stars burn out....I am a Daddy....and I will do everything I can to make sure all is fair and right.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

I think most people get it, except maybe the one guy who has been repeating the same lines for 14 pages of this conversation. He doesn't get it, and I would be willing to bet that his Kool-aid drinking buddies don't get it either. It is a war when a dem says that a wealthy woman with servants doesn't connect with the common American mom, but it is perfectly alright when their fearless drug addicted leader calls college women sluts and prostitutes. WTF is there truly no decency left in this country.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damrod
The right wants to declare 'war" where they are the weakest

This is a tactic used by Karl Rove. To attack your opponents strength, which will deflect from your weakness. "Swiftboating" your opponent. Bush's military record was not even in the same league as Kerry's, so a bogus issue was made of Kerry's strength.

Another Rovian tactic was to be the first to go negative, then complain when your opponent attacked back.

Another, have the candidate tell the lie, because people believe that surely Candidate A would be telling only the truth. Or if Candidate A hints at The Lie, then people would believe there's more to it, surely Candidate B must be guilty of soooo much more.

Take a minor issue with an emotional response and blow it up bigtime, using your media outlets like giant echo chambers.

Misrepresent a person's statement by turning it into something that people will reject.

And since you always use surrogates to attack, assume anyone on the opposite side is acting as a surrogate, or lie that they are.

Thankyou for speaking to your townsfolk. Sounds like a great idea to be emulated.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Hillary Rosen is all Democrats?
Even the ones that told her to shut her stupid face, like Obama did?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

How very coincidental you keep meeting people who say exactly what you hope they do.

I just asked 8 girls ranging in ages 20 to 49 and every one chose economy over the "right" to "choose". I bet you live in a blue state.

I then asked them about whether Romney's wife staying at home to be the mother of 5 successful children was work, every one said yes.

Then I started thinking you were just making crap up, still do.

Maybe you think Michelle Obama who went to Princeton and Harvard is more in touch with the needs of women because her and Barack don't have much money

Edit: OP put some pretty heavy spin on the statements, but you rabid democrats are spinning crap just as fast. For the record I grew up in Massachusetts to a very liberal family and consider myself centrist with no party affiliation.
edit on 15-4-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

my kitty hasn't bitten me in months, I don't have rabies!

both sides have been spinning since the last election in hopes of winning this election...
in the process they have lost the truth, and their credibility....

but, you are free to go through the posts here on this board, and see for yourselves...
find those that express the idea that being a full time mom isn't work, and take a guess by what they are posting, the positions they are taking, just what their position on the political spectrum is...

the republicans seem to me to be accusing the dems of something that the republicans have been doing all along.

just like the dems are destroying the economy, never mind the economy was pretty much on life support before obama go into office...

we are looking for the messiah!! never mind that congress had a nice crowning ceremony for Moon while the replicans were pretty much running the show and basically declared him the messiah, the prince of peace, and on and on!!

happens all the time, it's one of the most ironic things to me in politics at the moment. do something, then turn around and accuse the others of doing it!!!

edit on 15-4-2012 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
"War on Moms"? What a ridiculous exaggeration from the MSM. Another distraction from real issues and problems that are generated by lawmakers on both sides. I have been both working woman and stay at home mom. I'm not offended at all and I don't agree with her either. The spouses of presidents will have some pet projects like promoting books and libraries or encouraging healthy eating, etc. I'm pretty sure the wife of any elected president can fulfill the normal first lady duties. This should be yesterday's news. In fact, it shouldn't even be news. Her opinion means nothing to me. One person running their mouth does not reflect anything close to a "war" on moms.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Neither one of the Romneys has really worked a day in their life, what difference does it make anyways what their work ethic is when we have a government that grandfathers and seats its own "elected" officials and representatives. Doesn't matter anyways when his job description is going to be giving away America to China, bending over for corporate fascism and pissing on everyone who isn't a billionaire. What difference does it make what his spoiled wife knows, is she going to be our sec of treasury or something?

Is this our next big MSM propaganda piece? Real housewives of Washington DC?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
So if I understand correctly, one single individual from a PR company saying two words ("lowly homemaker") about one indiviual constitutes a WAR by all entire one hundred percent of Democrats against ALL mothers?

Exaggeration much?

edit on 12-4-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

No, not at all, actually...when you consider the "left" groupthink's reaction to it, initially, until everyone else went "wait a minute...what's wrong with being a stay-at-home mom?"

then the left went 'Uhhhhh....." and split.

Not an exaggeration. Sorry. This is just business as usual for a liberal minded fool.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Damrod

How very coincidental you keep meeting people who say exactly what you hope they do.

I just asked 8 girls ranging in ages 20 to 49 and every one chose economy over the "right" to "choose". I bet you live in a blue state.

I then asked them about whether Romney's wife staying at home to be the mother of 5 successful children was work, every one said yes.

Then I started thinking you were just making crap up, still do.

Maybe you think Michelle Obama who went to Princeton and Harvard is more in touch with the needs of women because her and Barack don't have much money

Edit: OP put some pretty heavy spin on the statements, but you rabid democrats are spinning crap just as fast. For the record I grew up in Massachusetts to a very liberal family and consider myself centrist with no party affiliation.
edit on 15-4-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

If you thought I was making it up...you'd be a silly boy.

Why not...instead of tilting the table to draw out the desired results....why don't we on this board generate a questionnaire....no "leading" of the witnesses.

It's true, you can ask questions and say things to generate a pre-expected response...I try not to do that. I simply ask if they have heard of this controversy and what they think about it. I then ask them, as women, what do you value more? Economic recovery or the right to women's healthcare and the right to choose. After reflection, almost all of them choose the right to healthcare and choice.

It is EASY to lead someone into saying the economy is more important. You need to counter that with an equally important topic....women's rights. If I were to up-play "You understand the republicans want to make it so your employer can deny birth control and your ability to make a choice in the scenario of rape...what would you think"....That is a no brainer....I do not do that....I ask and wait for them to consider. I don't counter-point, I just record what they have to say.

I am much more open and nuetral than you are giving me credit for. Why? Because I am genuinely curious as to what women really think. The MSM is not going to tell you the straight answer....the only way to know absolutely for sure is by beating the streets and just asking. It is surprisingly well received and nearly all are more than happy to let you have their opinion....with both barrels sometimes.

But ask yourself this ladies....

What good is a booming economy if you are forced to be barefoot and pregnant? Maybe with a child from a rape?

P.S. I stated above...I live in Hagerstown, Maryland...you decide what color it is...it looks to be Red, White and Blue to me....

edit on 4/15/2012 by Damrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This entire campaign season will be dominated by the GOP desperately trying to get the women/Latino votes they won't ever get

I expect many more crazy statements similar to this "war on women". Just wait, soon they'll call Democrats "patronizing" for standing up for Latinos and women to give it a negative spin

The GOP is currently split in 2:

1) You have the old guys who still believe we're fighting the commies...they are in power.

2) You have the sheep who follow and only respond to slogans instead of real information. They're easy to manipulate, all it takes is to mix in "Jesus" or "Muslims" or "baby killers" into your speech, and they will follow you blindly.

The 2nd group was created by the first group as soon as the GOP took over the Tea Party with crooks like Palin. And at first this worked great, it gave them a good view votes...until that group became so extreme in a lot of views, that catering to that group is now hurting them during elections where they have to compete with non-GOP people. Catering to fundamentalists and extremists kinda makes it hard to appeal to the regular citizen

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by Rockpuck

And for the ignorant tool who says rich women staying at home don't know anything about "the real world" .. usually in those situations the mother (or father if reversed) IS raising the child by her or his self. I'm going to make a likely correct assumption that Mitt wasn't home for dinner at 5pm every night while he was managing an investment firm, or sending the kids off to school in the morning.

I have to disagree. I know folks with genuine wealth. It is the Nannies job to get the kids ready for school, the drivers job to take them there, the cooks job to prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner, the maids job to clean up. The Romney's have a car elevator so that they don't have to walk up a flight of stairs. I have a hard time picturing Ann slaving over a stove or cleaning the house.

Look at this way...The Romneys have several homes...

Here is the Romney Home in Mass

Here is the Romney home in Utah

How many cooks, nannies, maids do you think work for the Romneys at just these two homes???

Not to mention that Mitt makes 40K a DAY in investment income.

What I cannot understand is why these fake clowns want to be in the White House. It would obviously be a step DOWN in their lifestyle, not to mention the incredible loss of privacy and the outright danger to everyone in the family from now on. Every president gets hundreds of death threats on a daily basis. Are their egos really this large, that they want to be in the history books that badly? Because it's quite obvious Mitt has no ideas whatsoever on how to fix all our problems...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
This entire campaign season will be dominated by the GOP desperately trying to get the women/Latino votes they won't ever get

I expect many more crazy statements similar to this "war on women". Just wait, soon they'll call Democrats "patronizing" for standing up for Latinos and women to give it a negative spin

The GOP is currently split in 2:

1) You have the old guys who still believe we're fighting the commies...they are in power.

2) You have the sheep who follow and only respond to slogans instead of real information. They're easy to manipulate, all it takes is to mix in "Jesus" or "Muslims" or "baby killers" into your speech, and they will follow you blindly.

The 2nd group was created by the first group as soon as the GOP took over the Tea Party with crooks like Palin. And at first this worked great, it gave them a good view votes...until that group became so extreme in a lot of views, that catering to that group is now hurting them during elections where they have to compete with non-GOP people. Catering to fundamentalists and extremists kinda makes it hard to appeal to the regular citizen

Absolutely.

It's odd. Nearly every average citizen is a moderate. A moderate Conservative or a Moderate Liberal. It is not rocket science here folks....

As long as you are a "moderate" you can work toward bi-partisan legislation and negotiate toward the heart of your personal values....but the extremists.....extreme left and....well whatever you call the Repubs....is ridiculous...they DO NOT represent the bulk of the people....

How goofy is this?

And the Anne Romney thing....I ask a couple ladies today and I got the

"she has servants and butlers, how can she know what my life is like and how arrogant of her to think she can speak for me"
edit on 4/15/2012 by Damrod because: spelling

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
In all fairness to the 1%:

(story from August 2009)

“In my own life, in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this country that has given me so much,” she said. “See, that’s why I left a job at a big law firm for a career in public service,” — Michelle Obama.

We were wrong.

Michelle Obama, as we reported on July 7, is not served by twenty-two attendants who stand by to cater to her every whim.

She is served by twenty-six attendants, including a hair dresser and make-up artist.

[color=gold]The annual cost to taxpayers for such unprecedented attention is approximately $1,750,000 without taking into account the expense of the lavish benefit packages afforded to every attendant.

First Lady Now Requires 26 Servants

Ironic ?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
In all fairness to the 1%:

(story from August 2009)

“In my own life, in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this country that has given me so much,” she said. “See, that’s why I left a job at a big law firm for a career in public service,” — Michelle Obama.

We were wrong.

Michelle Obama, as we reported on July 7, is not served by twenty-two attendants who stand by to cater to her every whim.

She is served by twenty-six attendants, including a hair dresser and make-up artist.

[color=gold]The annual cost to taxpayers for such unprecedented attention is approximately $1,750,000 without taking into account the expense of the lavish benefit packages afforded to every attendant.

First Lady Now Requires 26 Servants

Ironic ?

Wait...are you comparing the cost of make up and staff of a first lady with that of a the wife of a billionaire? Really?

Why do you think the first lady has more staff?

You could attack Obama for so many things, but weak-sauce attacks like this make the right look silly

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The thread starter pointed me to something hilarious in another thread he started

I quote Romney:

“I wanted to increase the work requirement,” Romney told an audience in New Hampshire in January. “I said, for instance, that even if you have a child 2 years of age, you need to go to work.”

“And people said, ‘Well that’s heartless.’ And I said, ‘No, no, I’m willing to spend more giving day care to allow those parents to go back to work. It’ll cost the state more providing that day care, but I want the individuals to have the dignity of work.’”

So waaaaaaaaaaaaaait a moment here. The GOP is attacking the Democrats for "waging a war against women", and at the same time they:

- want to legislate women's reproductive rights.
- are against equal pay.
- want to legislate what jobs women can do.

And to top it all off?

ROMNEY WANTS STAY AT HOME MOMS TO WORK BECAUSE OF THE DIGNITY THAT JOB PROVIDES!! As opposed to the dignity of what? Being a stay at home mother?

The GOP is a bunch of clowns

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join