It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the christian hate

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by Starchild23

What ignorance.

No proof but a rusty old book?

Do you think I'm stupid?

Did you not see what I said, about what career I was in, in the military?

Do you think that I do not know objectivity, skepticism, and researching without bias?

Don't you think I and many other believers have much more to go on but our crusty old book?
A little thing called personal experience?

Good God Almighty starchild,

you ARE deluded!

Selah!

How does your IQ or career have anything, ANYTHING to do with this particular topic.you would think that someone with such a high IQ would be able to reason, analyze, and investigate, clearly you lack that ability. Also, being a "high IQ'r" myself, I also know that people with high IQ are also more prone to suffering from mental illness, the high, the more prone.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Hope allows people to live on for their God, when all they'd rather do is take some pills and go to sleep and never wake up again. Countless lives have been saved, people sitting alone in a motel room, broken hearted and destitute, abandoned and unwanted by everyone they ever loved, people on the brink of the edge, staring into that dark abyss and then they look over and see a Holy Bible that an anonymous Gideon has provided and they begin to read. Yeshua takes these outcasts, the people no one loves, wants or cares about and he gives them purpose and a new life in his name so that they can carry on without feeling lost. He gives them a new family and a reason to turn back from that precipice and they lose their fear and hope shines through where they once had none.
edit on 12-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

See, this is typical of your replies. You ignore the problems people have brought up about your religion, and instead just give a reason you think your religion works. The truth is, there are also countless people who have saved themselves from a situation such as you describe. There are people who have saved themselves because they felt inspired by a loved one, a painting, a song, or just their own will to overcome. You assert that people NEED your supposed savior to escape bad situations in their lives, and that assertion is wrong. I felt lost until I moved into an almost completely natural setting, and started living with the natural world, instead of apart from it. I didn't find your jesus, I have no faith in any religion at all, and still I feel like a complete human, and that I am part of something far greater than myself. According to your book, I will go to hell for this. I need no more proof than that to know your book is full of lies.
edit on 12-4-2012 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan
Also, being a "high IQ'r" myself, I also know that people with high IQ are also more prone to suffering from mental illness, the high, the more prone.

LOL

No kidding. I always say I come from a family of useless geniuses.

My family has IQ's of 150+ - - and some of them are pretty damn looney.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Why did God strike a man dead in the NT for being human?
(and no I'm not talking about Jesus)

Mean god is mean....
edit on 12-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by RyanFromCan
Also, being a "high IQ'r" myself, I also know that people with high IQ are also more prone to suffering from mental illness, the high, the more prone.

LOL

No kidding. I always say I come from a family of useless geniuses.

My family has IQ's of 150+ - - and some of them are pretty damn looney.

Just out of curiosity, can somebody quote Iason321 where he describes his military career? I tried to go through his posts today but there must be 100 of them. Air Force, super genius => UFO investigator??? (maybe that's wishful thinking
)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

what are you referring to?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

I am not in a psyche ward because I am perfectly sane.

I have an IQ of 135 which was tested for in the United States Air Force,

and I served as a Terminal Radar Approach Controller in the United States Air Force, operating in one of the busiest training bases in the US Military.

Feeble attempts to disregard the truth as lies will not persuade me.

I think it's on page 5.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Let's not start questioning veteran status please. I find the practice of questioning a persons legitimacy disrespectful.

I've been thru a few of those threads, and I always get hammered because testosterone driven egos refuse to acknowledge that some women, like myself, actually did serve their country.
edit on 4/12/2012 by ~Vixen~ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Way too much Christian hate on this site? Really? I do recall a thread about Jesus and some ridiculous claim but that's about it. Please, link all of these hateful threads people are posting and ATS is allowing

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~
Let's not start questioning veteran status please. I find the practice of questioning a persons legitimacy disrespectful.

I've been thru a few of those threads, and I always get hammered because testosterone driven egos refuse to acknowledge that some women, like myself, actually did serve their country.

Good for you.

I was ready. Was going to join the Navy at the height of the Vietnam war.

Physical issues prevented it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
" So you're not afraid of death (so you say), if thats the case...go kill yourself, because your life has no meaning, and it does not matter and you're just as dead now as you would be 30 years down the road. You people are already dead you just haven't caught up to that fact yet. All that you ever were will cease to exist, and you will be forgotten, and your names will pass from history and the memory of you will fade into oblivion. Existence has no meaning for you, and you have no more hope for anything except to know that one day worms will eat your corpse."

Well I certainly can't speak for everybody but that right there is one of the big reasons that I personally have so much "christian hate" as you call it. Many of the so called Christians roaming this world are no less jerks than those who aren't Christian. In my experiences, and this may very well be because I live in the bible belt, most of the people running around calling themselves "Christians", or good-christian-folk, are some of the most vile people you could ever encounter. They seem to believe that if you are anything but a Christian that you are worth less than manure, they continuously treat others such as myself in as if this were indeed the case. I personally have witnessed people being bullied and mistreated on numerous occasions by "Christians" simply because they seemed to be under the assumption that doing so is perfectly acceptable because they are "Christians" and the victim is not and thus must deserve whatever punishment they see fit. Is all of this acceptable, I mean really, should it be?

Let me just make it perfectly clear that your assumptions that I am in some way naive for not being a Christian are very poor assumptions with what I can only perceive as a lack of proper intelligence. I am not Christian, nor any other religion for that matter. I also do not like to be called an "Atheist", which for some reason is the equivalent of a "devil worshiper" in the opinion of many Christians in these parts, because I do not rule out the possibility of a god(s) existing. I do however, hate what Christianity does to our world, I don't hate Christians - not all of them, I actually have some friends that call themselves Christian. Personally, I believe one should call someone such as myself Agnostic if the need for a classification exists. I do hope that there is some kind of "after life" and that those who live good lives and treat others like they would want to be treated will actually experience something much better than what we have here on Earth for their efforts in this life. What I don't like is when people seem to believe that their religion makes hate perfectly acceptable, which as I am sure you are very aware of, is all too common with many people who call themselves "Christian", actually I would be willing to place a cash bet on the fact that the Christian religion might very well be one of the most guilty of hate-mongering in our world. That is what I don't like about Christianity, and I'm fairly sure that other people who do not consider themselves to be of any particular religion feel similar.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan

I am not in a psyche ward because I am perfectly sane.

I have an IQ of 135 which was tested for in the United States Air Force,

and I served as a Terminal Radar Approach Controller in the United States Air Force, operating in one of the busiest training bases in the US Military.

Feeble attempts to disregard the truth as lies will not persuade me.

I think it's on page 5.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

thanks!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

How does the largest, richest, and most powerful religion in the entire world convince itself that it's an oppressed minority that is not of the world? The delusion of it all is staggering.

It's amazing.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Are christians not silenced and mocked openly in public in our society?

Look at how were ganged up on and made fun of here

We are a small, vocal minority, and we are nto rich, you are not grounded in reality

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

reply to post by NorEaster

We are a small, vocal minority, and we are nto rich, you are not grounded in reality

I just sprayed my monitor and keyboard...........

Some Christians are, generally, the ones that are not just masquerading as Christians. Any Christian who cannot accept any other faith as being relevant, not even any of the other Abrahamic faiths, are not grounded in reality. Anyone who carries themselves with the level of arrogance as to ignorantly pray for someone immediately after they ask you not to, has no tolerance and is not capable of respecting someone in even the most basic manner, and is not living by Christian principals, and therefore not a Christian.

EDIT: almost forgot, Vocal is right, some are so busy ramming their brand of Christianity down someone's throat that they do not resemble a Christian in the slightest way.
edit on 4/12/2012 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
My brother is a Christian, and he is one of the most judgemental, materialistic, egotistical, narcissistic people I know! The label Christian means nothing, actions speak louder than words. There are very very very few real Christians out there.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

It is a christians' duty to spread the gospel.We are to be
as a voice in the desert crying prepare ye the way of the Lord.
If no one will listen,we are to shake the dust off our feet and
move along.

You said it all, nothing more need be said. It is 'game' for atheists and mockers to come here and take pot shots and debate. Its only natural they would. But it in no way diminishes God, nor provide them victory, because it's the one thing they will never accomplish, no matter what words or mockery they use. You can't defeat Faith.... Expect them, always wish them well and follow Christs words (above) Man is given a choice, whether or not he uses it wisely...........well it's his to choose.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Iason321

Do you not understand that a conspiracy forum is not going to be your most friendly recruiting site? We (I) have no problem ripping on the pope, much less someone trying to force their personal "morality" on me. Some of us believe that churches are complicit in many of the problems facing society, and by painting yourself as their follower, you attach a giant target to your own back.

If you want folks that are all agreeable, I'm sure that there are plenty of christian related forums you can visit to reinforce your beliefs.

Lets talk conspiracies and dirt instead of debating religion. That's what ATS is supposed to be about.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

I have no problem with you ripping on the pope either,

i do not agree with him on a lot of issues

I'm Christian, not Catholic.

And why are you on the Religion, faith, and theology discussion forum on ATS, if you do not want to discuss those topics?
edit on 4/12/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

And why are you on the Religion, faith, and theology discussion forum on ATS, if you do not want to discuss those topics?

The post was put up publicly asking to stop the hate. We're here to explain the reason for the problem and what needs to be done to fix it.

You've gotta love all the friendly folks on ATS that are offering to help!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join