It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the christian hate

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Sure.

Because any objective observer of this conversation can see who is talking truth and who is talking nonsense.

Keep going, "starchild"

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Nor is he that is sent greater then HIM that did the sending...

I agree. Now do a Greek study on that English word "great". And consider if when Jesus said there was "none greater" than John if He was implying all other people born were not humans.

Take your time, Greek is really tricky.

Actually its clairified within that verse...

11Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Anyone who is considered the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater then john...

On the other hand we can go back a few chapters and find this...

19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

So where does that leave the john....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

What ignorance.

No proof but a rusty old book?

Do you think I'm stupid?

Did you not see what I said, about what career I was in, in the military?

Do you think that I do not know objectivity, skepticism, and researching without bias?

Don't you think I and many other believers have much more to go on but our crusty old book?
A little thing called personal experience?

Good God Almighty starchild,

you ARE deluded!

Selah!

You've seen babies born without sperm as well as having seen creatures rise from the dead? I am very much interested in hearing about these experiences.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Oh, you know how it is. You have to repeat and repeat and exaggerate and make up stuff and then repeat some more to teach kids not to do bad stuff. One, they don't understand why. Two, they get distracted by shiny things and beat up three other kids in order to get it.

And that's what we are. An infant species.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

You've seen babies born without sperm as well as having seen creatures rise from the dead? I am very much interested in hearing about these experiences.

I lul'd.

Thanks for the humor.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Good point, any true "Christian" would actually live their beliefs and refuse to participate in any immoral violent wars against people that have done them no harm.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is the most powerful and accurate thing I can contribute to this thread.

It explains the redundancy and the willing blindness, as well as the absolute lack of logic and modern intelligence.

edit on CThursdaypm171719f19America/Chicago12 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Actually the person im talking to is quite astute in his biblical knowledge...

His only issue is he refuses to look beyond the one book to see a broader picture...

Perhaps one day...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

His only issue is he refuses to look beyond the one book to see a broader picture...

Perhaps one day...

My issue (among many issues) is that Christians take the Bible way too literally. Dark sayings and parables, no?

Not hard to understand. Hard to comprehend, maybe...but you can always try.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Perhaps one day...

My issue (among many issues) is that Christians take the Bible way too literally. Dark sayings and parables, no?

I love that some people interpret all ancient writings as scientific papers documenting facts. People have been creating fiction for a long time - it's not a modern invention.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy

Perhaps one day...

I love that some people interpret all ancient writings as scientific papers documenting facts. People have been creating fiction for a long time - it's not a modern invention.

The victors write the history, they say...and what was Constantine? Think about it.

Additionally, Peter has already been implicated in warping the history of the Church so as to discredit Mary and satisfy his own views.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Perhaps one day...

its only partially their fault... they regurgitate what they are taught and accept it as truth...

This happens when you're preached the bible... which is the case with most christians from what i've found...

IF you read the truth, from the source you get an entirely different picture... And you can clearly see the Gods of the OT are not the true God Jesus spoke of...

Theres only hints of the true God in the OT...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Theres only hints of the true God in the OT...

Hence, "dark sayings" and "parables".

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

What ignorance.

No proof but a rusty old book?

Then let us see some of this proof then, Iason. Millions of posts in here, and I would bet not a one of them has any proof of anything Christians say. And now you have, and offer such proof. Well?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sachyriel
Actually every time a Christian feels persecuted God lifts one leg off his throne and trumpets out the stink you make.

Oh wow, this made me laugh.

The image of Morgan Freeman doing this is priceless. Thank you for this.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Then let us see some of this proof then, Iason. Millions of posts in here, and I would bet not a one of them has any proof of anything Christians say. And now you have, and offer such proof. Well?

Jerusalem.
There's one.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God." ~ James 4:4

Whoa...if we can't be friends with the world (which seems to imply anything in it as well) then how the bloody hell are we supposed to get along?

Your Bible is mental, mate.

edit on CThursdaypm515134f34America/Chicago12 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Have you noticed the gay bashing, the Muslim hate, the condemnation of atheists, Jews, liberals, democrats, conservatives and republicans? Have you picked up on the hating on women, blacks and immigrants? Really for Christ's sake, and I mean that literally - stand in line.
edit on 12-4-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Oh, you know how it is. You have to repeat and repeat and exaggerate and make up stuff and then repeat some more to teach kids not to do bad stuff.

Try honesty.
Worked for me.
You?
who knows.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I'm stealing this one.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join