It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the christian hate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I would say it's more...

Stop the Hate, Christians

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I've yet to see any Christians on this forum hate anyone....

(actually, I have seen one or two "hellfire and brimstone" types here, which is bordering on hate, but I think they say the things they do out of love)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
i don't care what religion a person chooses to follow.
i do care when religions try to infiltrate government policies and legislate their version of morality on the masses.

i do care when church leaders use the pulpit to spout politics. religion and politics is a dangerous mix.

*sigh*

-subfab

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by cloudyday

It is a christians' duty to spread the gospel.We are to be
as a voice in the desert crying prepare ye the way of the L-rd.
If no one will listen,we are to shake the dust off our feet and
move along.

I like the cat in your avatar.

I think the situation on ATS is different than the situation where Jesus told his disciples the instructions you quote. Is there anybody on ATS that doesn't know the basic ideas of Christianity? Christians might make themselves feel better by defending their faith or whatever, but that's all they are accomplishing (other than making Christianity look bad to non-Christians). (Just my opinion)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Yes, there are TONS of them.

I see every single day on here, people lacking basic understanding in fundamentals of Christianity, and making deceptive posts and creating myths.

It is our duty to dispell myths and to promote Truth

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

I've yet to see any Christians on this forum hate anyone....

(actually, I have seen one or two "hellfire and brimstone" types here, which is bordering on hate, but I think they say the things they do out of love)

Really.... what in the 3 months you've been here you haven't seen any?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

No, I really haven't.

If I did I would step in and say something, a true Christian does not hate

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

If I did I would step in and say something, a true Christian does not hate

Well unfortunately there aren't many of those in the world, let alone ATS.

Most religious folks hate and judge and pour scorn and ridicule others.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

That's not right. Sometimes I think non-Christians take some things Christians say out of love, as being motivated by arrogance or hate, but it's not really.

But I have definitely seen hate filled Christians, and it's sickening (WBC comes to mind),

I have a question blupblup - how did you make your background image fill out your whole background so nicely?
errr nvm, i'll just leave it as my avatar, screw it lol
edit on 4/12/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

That's not right. Sometimes I think non-Christians take some things Christians say out of love, as being motivated by arrogance or hate, but it's not really.

OK, give me some examples of things that are said "Out of love" that may be taken as hateful, just so I'm clear.

But I have definitely seen hate filled Christians, and it's sickening (WBC comes to mind),

Indeed, vile, disgusting people.

I have a question blupblup - how did you make your background image fill out your whole background so nicely?
errr nvm, i'll just leave it as my avatar, screw it lol [

Instead of putting the image in your avatar section, you put it in background image instead... and you put a clear image as your avatr.

There is a thread somewhere.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

See my post a few above this one.... I see the OP as hating on others who don't believe like he/she does. So if you don't see that, then I guess you wouldn't see much. If you don't feel like looking back at my previous post, basically I called the OP out on saying that I and people like me should just kill ourselves now, because we obviously have no point in existing because we don't believe the same way as Christians do.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

It's your own deceived mind telling you these things.

Lonewolf never said any such thing, your mind is filled with lies so you can't tell Truth and love from hate and fiction...

We want to save you, not hate on you

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I usually ignore the religious threads,coz i'm not interested in your religion or anyone else's as a matter of fact.
Recently i got involved in one,because i hate to see everything not christian labeled "evil".The OP of the thread was trying to "save our souls",but the way he/she did it was only showing ignorance and hate.

Yes the sacred duty of the christians is to spread the word,i respect that,BUT :
a)by naming everything non christian "evil" you won't convince anyone.
b)make sure that what you are saying won't insult the intelligence of those who will read it.
c)don't be judgemental and insulting towards those who don't share your beliefs.
d)try to respect that i don't want to be saved by your god.

Maybe if you stop doing to others what you don't want them to do to you,the "hate" will stop.Maybe you lonewolf and the other christians should be the first to stop the troll-christians,before the bad atheists of the forum jump in and give everyone a bad name.By not correcting your black ships of the christian community you show the world that you agree with them,hence the hate towards every christian

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
So you're not afraid of death (so you say), if thats the case...go kill yourself, because your life has no meaning, and it does not matter and you're just as dead now as you would be 30 years down the road. You people are already dead you just haven't caught up to that fact yet. All that you ever were will cease to exist, and you will be forgotten, and your names will pass from history and the memory of you will fade into oblivion. Existence has no meaning for you, and you have no more hope for anything except to know that one day worms will eat your corpse.

I'm sorry, where did I misunderstand what they said?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

I just want to say I agree wholeheartedly and that you put that very succinctly and in a non inflammatory way. I'm glad you posted.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Yes, there are TONS of them.

I see every single day on here, people lacking basic understanding in fundamentals of Christianity, and making deceptive posts and creating myths.

It is our duty to dispell myths and to promote Truth

I think your mistakenly assuming that anybody who believes differently simply hasn't had a Bible quoted to them. What do you accomplish by quoting the Bible to somebody who doesn't consider the Bible to be the final authority of truth on every issue?

When you were not a Christian was it because nobody had quoted the Bible to you?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

WBC is not, nor have they ever been a church of Christ. They became a "church" so they can go out and picket peoples funerals or soldiers returning from abroad and say harsh things to people and rile them up so those people will come over and punch them in the face or violate their rights so they can sue. They are a family full of lawyers who are hijacking the system, they are not, nor have they ever been believers in Christ and their actions show it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

What he said could've been worded a little more....tactfully.

But it's bascially true..... without Christ you are already walking dead, and without Him chances are you will goto Sheol (the grave) and await judgement......

Although I don't think you should kill yourself, and I doubt lonewolf does either, he was just trying to make a point...

I've told people on here to go live in the woods with wolves and tie meat around there necks, because they said living with wolves is better than living with Christians.....and I also asked someone who denied Christ died on the cross if I could have some of my friends stand around and beat them for hours then crucify them and see if they survive....me and my friends would never beat and crucify someone, I was just illustrating a point.....

These are just euphemisms though, I am not actually TELLING someone to go live in the woods with wolves OR ELSE, I'm just saying....if Christians are so brutal to live around, go prove your theory correct that wolves are more peaceful, otherwise keep your mouth zipped about how "hateful" us Christians are.....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

When I was not a Christian it was because I was ignorant to the Word.

If certain people God put into my life, didn't come into my life and preach the real Gospel to me when they did, I doubt things would have unfolded how they did.

The Spirit works through people to influence people, we are constantly sowing seeds

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Fair enough. However, I am not dead. I am quite full of life and I enjoy it very much. I have problems, yes, but so do you and everyone else.

Here we go.... I actually was a Christian for many, many years. I've written about it in some other threads. I was a very good one. I actually did love people (actually I still do, I don't need the Bible, Jehovah or Jesus, or whoever to tell me to) and I served a lot in my church. I used to do just like y'all do, I would share what I believed to be the truth to whoever would listen. I had it heavy on my heart to bring people to salvation. I know how you think, on this issue at least, and I commend you for it. I know what it's like. I guess I'm getting a taste of my own medicine now, or at least what medicine I used to give out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join