It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TD Ameritrade vs. The Mayans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I was watching SciFi channel, when this commercial came on. I thought to myself, ok where is this going?. So basically it is a commercial about personalized retirement plans through TD Ameritrade with a twist. Here is the commercial.

Seriously does anyone find this laughable? I find it laughable because this commercial is telling me that people aren't investing into retirement because of the so called end of the world prediction. What is the elites motive of this commercial? It seems like they are mocking the Mayan civilization, and now they make a bold statement saying that they are wrong, that the 22nd will come, and they end it off with, so who is in control now Mayans?

edit on 11-4-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Hahaha, that was the most misinformed, genius, and hilarious commercial I have every seen.

What are the 'Elites' up to, or mean?
Hmmm...... Nothing new, except for possibly suggesting that it may not be so crazy to plan for your future and that TD Ameritrade may provide services that possibly can assist in executing a successful planning of ones retirement.

Ohh man... so many things to say.

Believe what you want, but...

2012 and the whole thing isn't about the end of the world, but a transition... If you are under the assumption that you will be free from the responsibility of planning for the feature, and that the role of the monetary system will be null and void, I would suggest at least preparing for these 'predictions' not coming true. I'm just sayin'.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I'd like to add to your commercial with this one I saw a couple weeks ago:

edit on 12-4-2012 by mastersmurfie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Like anything related to finance. It's important to encourage consumer confidence, like NO PAYMENTS UNTIL 2013.

Sadly though, they still fail I think because I am not aware of any consumers that are feeling confident in the market who's name is not George Soros.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mastersmurfie

Wow, that video is insane. Sure does say a lot about the direction of our economy....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

2012 and the whole thing isn't about the end of the world, but a transition... If you are under the assumption that you will be free from the responsibility of planning for the feature, and that the role of the monetary system will be null and void, I would suggest at least preparing for these 'predictions' not coming true. I'm just sayin'.

Yeah I don't buy into the end of the world bit, but I just find it funny that a company like TD Ameritrade has taken interest in prophecies...I wonder how many people are going to get sucked into this one?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
There are lots of people out there that want your money. They can claim gold is the best, or real estate, or stocks, bonds, or commodities. They make these claims so that you will spend your money with them. They call it an investment, but you spend your money there. The idea is that at some time in the future they will send money your way. Doesn't always happen. Values change with events and perceptions.

The first commercial was a hoot. It shows how wacko the claims about 2012 have become.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I can't watch the video, but it is a FACT that people caught up in Conspiracy Theories often fail to prepare for the future. For some people, being involved in too much Conspiracy Theory can be a mental illness that is destructive in their lives! There are many people not preparing for retirement, because they think the end of the world is coming, the Mayans are right, the Hopi are right, the economy will crash, there will be a revolution, there will be an NWO, there will be aliens, etc., etc.

And the craziest ones think there will still be Social Security.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
There are lots of people out there that want your money. They can claim gold is the best, or real estate, or stocks, bonds, or commodities. They make these claims so that you will spend your money with them. They call it an investment, but you spend your money there. The idea is that at some time in the future they will send money your way. Doesn't always happen. Values change with events and perceptions.

The first commercial was a hoot. It shows how wacko the claims about 2012 have become.

oh i wouldn't say wacko, considering that economic collapse is at our door step, i mean who needs a cataclysmic event, when driving a nation into the ground economically, will do the same...

just ask any MF global client, how things are going with their retirement.
edit on 12-4-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Failures such as that happen all of the time. No one was crying about the slobs that lost their shirts when crude prices dropped in 2008. People bought crude at $140 a barrel and ended up selling for a third that.

The economic slowdown seems to have stopped. Things might even improve, but the economy is not on the verge of collapse in most of the world.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
For me, future deep investments is all the proof I need that there will be no world-ending event at the end of the year.

My reasoning?
The people would be "in the know" are obviously people in high positions and also people with a lot of money. They wouldn't be investing it in projects or contracts knowing they would loose it all. I'm thinking of movie-deals, sports contracts, construction - things like that

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
What a lame commercial. Two thumbs down. The first thumb down is for not being creative visually. The second thumb down is for not being creative thematically.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I got caught up in Nancy Leider's BS like that. I was paralyzed with fear and my life tumbled out of control. I HATE that lying wench!!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I have an account at TD but not Ameritrade, at Canada Trust. I often wondered why Toronto Dominion is in the U.S., I guess the market is larger. Nice to see they are staying current. LOL

Not seeing those types of advertisements in Canada, but then I don't watch TV anymore.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I found the commercial very disrespectful to the Mayan culture,especially how they described the belief of the Mayans incorrectly and everything.

No bueno.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Failures such as that happen all of the time. No one was crying about the slobs that lost their shirts when crude prices dropped in 2008. People bought crude at $140 a barrel and ended up selling for a third that.

The economic slowdown seems to have stopped. Things might even improve, but the economy is not on the verge of collapse in most of the world.

you just keep telling yourself that sport, at least if you look in the mirror you will find one person that buys it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Honestly have many people have already invested into retirement with a major firm such as TD Ameritrade? So far I am liking the replies from those who have participated.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Those that think that the world economy is about to collapse need to get a grip on reality. Things are much better than they were in other financial crises.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
What a lame commercial. Two thumbs down. The first thumb down is for not being creative visually. The second thumb down is for not being creative thematically.

Most TD Ameritrade commercials (that I've seen anyways) aren't usually that creative to begin with.

Even as a '2012 is teh end of teh world' commercial, which we've seen a lot of lately, and probably will see many more to come, it wasn't that great.

The only one I really thought was OK was the Chevy Super Bowl commercial, since they exaggerated everything drastically and was basically making fun of it.

Makes me want a Twinkie.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I think what weirded me out the most is the last line:

"Who's in control now, Mayans?"

What an odd thing to say! Sounds like a direct insult to a specific group of people.

Odd, to say the least. Notice how the entire world fit into the guy's watch.."time" or rather, father time, eg. Saturn?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join