It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New titles for North Korea leader

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

New titles for North Korea leader

www.bbc.co.uk

North Korea's new leader Kim Jong-un has been given two posts previous occupied by his late father.

State media said the younger Kim had been named chairman of the party's Central Military Commission and a standing member of the Politburo.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Here is Kim being congratulated on raising his arm.

Oh dear, here we go again. I wonder if this is anything to do with the sabre rattling that is going on at the moment. If the soon to be released "missile" heads in the wrong direction, do you think that he will have ultimate command of any decisions (military) that happen afterwards?

Silly little boy. Can he really be taken seriously by the western world? He's not far out of nappies?

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11-4-2012 by CaptainBeno because: meh!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Mmmm new names eh? I might have a few. I have posted a few suggestions below. Please feel free to join in the Name the new dictator thread today!

Little iLL.

iLL iLL

Mr ronery

Great leader Junior(because we named the Dog Indy)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Don't be so stupid, he has the potential to be actually very good for the country, he's young and I hope he has the best interest for the North Koreans, if they don't take him seriously that will be there downfall not his, good on the young lad running a country at his age, whose to say we need the older generation to run things, hasn't that just proven to be ridicules in the past? Let's see how he actually does before criticizing the crap outa the fella

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparta
Don't be so stupid, he has the potential to be actually very good for the country, he's young and I hope he has the best interest for the North Koreans, if they don't take him seriously that will be there downfall not his, good on the young lad running a country at his age, whose to say we need the older generation to run things, hasn't that just proven to be ridicules in the past? Let's see how he actually does before criticizing the crap outa the fella

It's not him who wields power, it's friends of his old man that have been helping with the running of the country and suppression of the people. He's a figurehead, that's about it.

IMO...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It's not him who wields power, it's friends of his old man that have been helping with the running of the country and suppression of the people. He's a figurehead, that's about it. IMO...

Sitting here racking my brain trying to think of what other county or countries I have heard this said about. What was the name of the country in North America again?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan
reply to post by boncho

It's not him who wields power, it's friends of his old man that have been helping with the running of the country and suppression of the people. He's a figurehead, that's about it. IMO...

Sitting here racking my brain trying to think of what other county or countries I have heard this said about. What was the name of the country in North America again?

Nearly every country has a similar construct, save military juntas or dictatorships. But in all cases, it's a collective, because there will never be a single person that can run a country without any allies.

In the cases where power is disproportionately resting on one person's shoulders, you tend to see a lot of paranoia in the ruler and a lot of bodies show up in and out of their close cabinets....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

It's not him who wields power, it's friends of his old man that have been helping with the running of the country and suppression of the people. He's a figurehead, that's about it.

IMO...

Quite right of course..for now.

Of course, if his father taught him well, he will be actively grooming people in the slightly lower ranks. He will then "find evidence" of a coup planned by the old guard...and then a purge will take place. Actual guilt will not be a factor in the arrests, of course...it will all just be a stunt to demonstrate that he is in charge - and that he has ears and eyes everywhere.

Here are some more titles they may wish to consider conferring.

Chancellor of the Bouncedchequer
Supreme Field Marshmallow of the Armed Forces
Lord of the Ringdings

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
It is good to see that Kim Jong Un has reduced in scope from the 'Supreme Leader' legacy. There are many long term and short term jobs in the government and it is expected that Kim would go for one of the longer term positions. North Korea is looking more politically ready to proceed with unification.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
** This is a 100% guess with no supporting facts **

I don't think the apple fell far from the tree on this one.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
It is good to see that Kim Jong Un has reduced in scope from the 'Supreme Leader' legacy. There are many long term and short term jobs in the government and it is expected that Kim would go for one of the longer term positions. North Korea is looking more politically ready to proceed with unification.

Just checking...but this is sarcasm right?

He has "reduced in scope"? "ready to proceed with unification"?

Okay....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno

"this is how tall i need to be in order to gain the respect i deserve, in the meantime a large rocket standing erect in my honour will prove my manhood"

But you can just call me 'The leader formerly known as Prince'
edit on 12-4-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Here are some more titles they may wish to consider conferring.

Chancellor of the Bouncedchequer
Supreme Field Marshmallow of the Armed Forces
Lord of the Ringdings

You forgot, Grand Emperor of DisneyLand

They have DisneyLands in NK right?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

No Sarcasm

Meetings Held to Elect Delegates to WPK Conference Pyongyang, April 2

(KCNA) -- Meetings of the party committees of the Korean People's Army, all the provinces (political bureau), cities (district) and counties were successfully held to elect delegates to the Fourth Conference of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK). The meetings elected Kim Jong Un, the supreme leader of the WPK, state and army, as a delegate to the Fourth WPK Conference, reflecting the unanimous will and desire of all the party members, service personnel and people.

www.kcna.kp...

Only last week or so he had the title 'the supreme leader of the WPK, state and army'. If you have a look at the political structure of NK it has been progressing to more democratic standards. eng.unikorea.go.kr...

There are still a few more issues to sort out but people are still chipping away at it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
While applaud for reunification process my concern is that it may lead to this

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Grand Poobah.

Its really up in the air where he is gonna try and take that trainwreck of a nation IMO....

Hoping for a little treaty or something to brighten the mood lol

Or cake. Lil' Ill likes cake.

new topics

top topics

join