It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise Like Lions: An Occupy Documentary (Free Release)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I just finished watching this, I think it represents the movement fairly well. If you want to see inside the movement this is a pretty good way to do so. It's 1hr37min.

openfilm.com

Enjoy.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

People can say what they like but it did get people thinking, discussing and doing again. Something we haven't seen for quite a while on planet western government earth.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Partisan movements will never accomplish anything.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

Nor will defeatist attitudes.

edit on 11/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Partisan?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Do it right and there won't be anything to criticize. Occupy started out great and then turned into a left branch of the democratic party. The tea party started out with great libertarian ideals and then it turned into a right branch of the republican party. They both got ruined. When occupy started, everyone should have joined in and got gnarly, but instead we got grateful dead parking lots all over the country. Lame

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

It means supporting a certain political party, usually referring to the republicans or democrats.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I would wager that criticism is easily laid after the fact. But regardless, some speak of partisan or bi-partisan politics. It's an illusion and another reason I don't vote. It doesn't change a thing apart from possibly, the colour of a party-political flag. Red, blue, green, orange, that kinda thing. It gives people something meaningful to wave I guess.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I didn't ask for a definition. Can you cite partisanship in Occupy?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This is a great watch so far, im almost an hour into it...

Thanks for the post.

Dont mind the people trying to de-rail(who arent even going to bother watching the video that this thread is supposed to be about)

This is a right and wrong issue, not right and left...
edit on 11-4-2012 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

We are making the same point, and I watched it develop and I watched it deteriorate, so it;s not hindsight.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Watching it now. Go O.W.S.!

Have already shared to fb twice.

Damn them for what they've done to our good name America.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'll give it a watch to hopefully see a better side of OWS. Because so far I've seen an interesting idea degenerate into something that's just not right.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
If You Don't Feel Something is Fundamentally Wrong With The World, then you've been led astray. If you think Occupy Doesn't Have a unifying Message, It's because the problem has reached everywhere and it seems normal.

LOVE!!! not greed.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It's a damn shame that this movement didn't do anything to fix these problems. Nothing came out of this movement. Maybe some awareness, but that's it. very sad.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Kali, I'd like to ask you this because you seem to be one of the most informed about occupy around here from a "pro-occupy" perspective: What do you think is coming this year as the weather warms up? There was some chatter earlier about people fanning out to train protest leaders for a new wave of occupy protests; do you think there will be a resurgance of "occupations" as there were in the fall? If there is a second wave of protests, do you anticipate it being smaller than or larger than the first wave last autumn?

If this isn't the thread for it I apologize but I didn't want to start a new thread just to ask you this question.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

There was some chatter earlier about people fanning out to train protest leaders for a new wave of occupy protests;

Heya,
I think this might be what you're referring to. As far as anything major coming up, the only thing I know for sure is a general strike on May 1st. There's pretty constant disobedience though. Each Occupy group deals with local protests and laws all week then usually large marches on the weekends addressing a variety of issues...the past few weekends have focused on fair justice.

new topics

top topics

join