It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate groups associated with Wal-Mart stores: study says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by DavidWillts

ACTUALLY, Wal-Mart is evil, not just for your local community; but the world at large.

You see Walmart looks at a product from another company, say a hunting knife.

Now this knife is made in the USA, with hard steel, retails for about 40$ USD and is a GREAT knife, anybody would be happy to have it.

Wal Mart turns around and says, well, how can we make this same knife, for 10$ and then sell it for 20$?

They go to China and ask around. A Chinese company gives them a price for a bundle of units, say 100 thousand.

Welcome to the wonderful world of business. That is kind of how it works. Please tell me how this is any different when EVERY company large and small does the same thing.

Wal Mart retorts with a price that is 20% or even up to 40% lower; and strong arms those manufacturer's into making the product at that price. Cause nobody but Wal Mart will buy that cheap crap.

Apparently MANY people buy that cheap crap as wallmart is an ever expanding empire.

All the while offering no benefits to it's employees,

Wake up, most retail places are not offering benefits to employees these days. Where does this sense of entitlement come from?

PRICE MATCHING local competition ( which no local store can do.) encouraging discrimination against women in the workplace, as well as taking advantage of seniors who need the extra money, yet make them work long hours for crap pay.

Well they really can't win, they hire someone and they are "taking advantage" or if they don't they are "discriminating". What you are saying makes no sense, should they just pay people to be old and not work?

So no, don't go around stating it's Propaganda, until you can provide evidence that all these things are untrue and that Wal Mart is somehow better than the rest.

I AM NOT the one making the stupid claims like the white power wall mart connection, which is VERY VERY STUPID propaganda and if people cannot see that than I truly feel sorry for them. The burden of proof does not lie on me as there is no way I can prove a negative. But critical thinking and soaking up propaganda usually don't go hand in hand.

Truth is Target and others are no better than Walmart in the way they operate.

But for some reason people just love to gobble up the walmart crap. While they use a computer that is made in china.

However Wal Mart has a MUCH greater impact on small towns and cities that open it's doors to them.

~Tenth

People vote with their wallets, the people have spoken and time after time they choose walmart. It is all part of the liberal agenda to put endless government restraint on business or eventually make ownership illegal.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Walmart to me is the place where people from the ghetto and boonies alike, drive out to spend a late 'nite out' putting their germ-laden hands all over mostly stuff they won't buy aside from the eats or whatever u can get with ur EBT card. Why are most Walmart shoppers so fat?

Midnite window shopping and then some.

Walmart is all about quantity and lowest price so you get suppliers gradually watering down their products to keep up with the low wholesale bids and inflation. Most of the product we end up buying for 'cheap' is mostly individual packaging and that hurts the the environment. So much litter and waste.

Walmart is going to sell unlabelled Monsanto GMO corn. How such a 'successful' monopoly stoop so low? Two peas in a pod.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Walmart is going to sell unlabelled Monsanto GMO corn. How such a 'successful' monopoly stoop so low?

And how many stores label their corn "monsanto GMO"?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

Aww boo hoo. So white people can't use the n word?

You going to keep crying about the "double standard" or are you going to look it at it from a black perspective for once?

It's word that has been used against black people for so long that some have adopted it as their own.

After all, one would think that if it were used by the same people that it denigrated, that this would reduce the power that it had in the first place.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I cannot believe some of the nonsensical posts in this thread. They read like an introduction to an article from The Onion.

Damn you Wal-Mart for providing cheap and affordable goods. How dare you make me pay $5 when I could be paying $20!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Aww boo hoo. So white people can't use the n word?

That can't even use words that sound like the N-word...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by DavidWillts
I really hate all the stupid anti-walmart propaganda, stupid people eat it up.

It's a phenomenon that is well documented, it wipes out small merchants, and watch who you're calling stupid. This site doesn't work that way.
Capiche?

I didn't call anyone stupid specifically I called the propaganda stupid, so i guess the site does kinda work that way...

As a new member, you should make yourself familiar with the terms and conditions of the site, especially as regards ad hominem attacks. Just because you don't agree with somebody, you don't have licence to call them names. That's the point I'm making.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

As a new member i can also tell the difference between calling a stupid propaganda piece "stupid" and another member stupid. How long do I have to be a member before I can no longer tell the difference?
Considering I have been talking about the topic and you have continued to talk about me really highlights who is making the ad hominem attacks and that's why the point you are making is stupid.

You are not your posts
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Damn
As a member who has worked in ST Lou all my life,
and as white as white gets

i have never had problem in the deepest black community
Al have been extremely nice or just ignored me

Please ,for god sake ,stop with race baiting
How many of you have actually interacted with other races in there homes

God loves all
edit on 14-4-2012 by kanng because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

Don't forget that they have helped wage deflation and government welfare as well.

Some of the small mom and pop business I remember were more expensive, but they also paid more for wages and provided healthcare. They were a wage inflater, while Walmart is a wage deflater.

I have never stepped foot in a Walmart in 15 years, and don't plan on it anytime soon.
I don't like their policies so don't give them my business. That is the capitalist way, right?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is where in m torn

Decent products for cheap

Or support the all mighty dollar

Man ,if u seen how these low income peeps lived

IM really torn

Minority not problem

gov regulations not either

Ripping my hair out ,most are good people

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I'm pretty sure you could correlate Lowe's or Fred Meyer to hate groups if you wanted to. Perhaps we should all get together, come out with a study of a business that we don't like (I vote Olive Garden) and say they breed racism, or somehow are related. Then charge for the article.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join