It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video reveals teen’s electro-shock torture at Massachusetts school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Video reveals teen’s electro-shock torture at Massachusetts school
By Stephen C. Webster
Wednesday, April 11, 2012 15:38 EDT -- The Raw Story

It has been revealed that The Judge Rotenberg Center in Caton, Massachusetts has been suppressing video footage of a "special needs" child apparently being "tortured" for allegedly refusing to take off his jacket in school !!!

A court case has made the suppression possible, but now a TV station has seen and taped the incident from the court room.

The article has a video at the bottom. It is graphic.

A video that a school in Massachusetts has fought in court for years to keep under wraps was played in public for the first time this week, revealing the torture of a disabled boy through the use of repeated electric shocks.

The Judge Rotenberg Center (JRC) in Caton, Massachusetts has for years been pushing back against allegations of flippant use of electric shocks and other abuses against its special-needs students, and it had managed to keep video central to a case brought by one former student’s mother under wraps.

Now, the public knows why.

Footage played in court this week and captured by a local Fox News affiliate shows former student Andre McCollins, then a disabled 18-year-old, strapped to a table and screaming savagely in pain as faculty applied 31 individual jolts of electricity over the course of seven hours. He was ultimately hospitalized.

JRC lawyers insist the shocks were applied as part of a treatment routine meant to pacify mentally and emotionally troubled students, and that McCollins was just one of many who have undergone the so-called therapy. They also claimed he was “aggressive,” and therefore needed the treatment.

Security camera footage revealed, however, that the boy’s prolonged torture was brought on when he refused to remove his jacket in class.

This seems too bizarre to even be true in this day and age, and right here in the United States

This was instigated by highly professional, highly degreed "educators" and "doctors" ???

Makes ME wonder just WHO are the ones with "special needs"

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
EST? it is 2012 right? wow.... Old school torture....

How primitive :/

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Disturbing... Yet I half heartedly want to see the video. I'm glad someone got his story out so the "many others" who had to go through this get the justice they deserve

I can dream cant I?
edit on 11-4-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)

Video: (disturbing)

edit on 11-4-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I am speechless at the horrific piece of brutality. Torture is what it is, torture due to the slightest hint of disobedience. Is this what they are teaching, that at the smallest act of defiance we will lock you up and send intense electrical shocks into your head like you're in a horror movie?
Home-school, online schooling, trusted babysitter, robot, anything than leaving your children at the mercy of these barbaric brutes who lack any trace of empathy or sympathy. I don't have children, but if this was my kid I would be sure that those animals would be wishing for the electric shocks. Treatment? Oh those animals sure do deserve a certain kind of treatment.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Im glad to see someone sharing this video! I just read this article and watched the video It's so awful it makes me sick to my stomach but it is not surprising. People when given absolute power over someone turn evil. I have seen it time and time again working in nursing homes.

I worked in a small residential home 15 years ago it was the last time. I came in for my shift and caught the boss daughter smacking one of the residents repeatedly. I drug her out to the parking lot and beat the # out of her then called the police.( I didnt get charged) 5 years later the place was shut down why it took so long who knows. I could never go back to that line of work it was the final straw although I wanted to protect these people who could not protect themselves it took a toll on me and I fell in to a deep depression.

Those who can not protect themselves always end up hurt by evil bastards. All of these people deserve jail. They laughed while torturing this young man. The judge who signed off on this treatment should be in jail and the judge who suppressed the video for 8 damn years should be in jail!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
well, let's wait until an "official" says its ok and this doesn't constitute cruel and unusual forms of punishment.

Yet another reason why the constitution needs to be respected. What is this the 1800´s? for FKs sake.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jrkelly77

you are awsome. God bless your balls.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Bain Capital owns some of these institutions...just saying that these types of 'behavioral modification' centers go up the food chain.

The Rotenberg center made close to $800,000 in two years from just one student. I state that to give you an idea of the amount of money involved.

Some more on this not very isolated story -

While these definitions seem vague by nature, a brief search on facilities currently operating the United States notes the following within their literature – all quite similar to the definitions described above:

Island View - a high-impact residential treatment facility operated by Aspen Education Group with ties to Republican candidate Mitt Romney‘s former company, Bain Capital – offers the following advice to parents as to how not to sabotage their child’s treatment opportunities.

What do you mean by “shutting the door?”

Imagine that your child is standing in a corridor with both sides lined with doors. There is a door at the other end of the corridor. That’s the door you want your child to go through. It is the door that leads to success, well-being and personal happiness – in your opinion. Unfortunately, your child thinks that walking through that door is stupid, impractical, lame, not cool and utterly ridiculous. Perhaps at some conscious or unconscious level, he may have a desire to walk through the door but fear of the unknown, effort to get to the door, or any other underlying issues may make it impossible for him to walk through this door without some sort of a assistance.

The problem is that he is being distracted by all the other doors that are lining the corridor. To you, the signs on the doors read: Party, Drugs, Negative Friends, Hanging Out, School Failure, Depression, Psycho-Neurological Problem, Learning Difference, Manipulation, Excuses, You Don’t Understand, Loss of a Close Friend, Divorce, Low Self-Esteem, etc.

Your child, distracted or mitigated by these doors will opt to slip through one or more of these doors. If we let him do so, will he ever get through the door at the end of the hall? Maybe, but when? This year, next year, when he is 20? The reason you place the child in a treatment facility is that you thought that the time is NOW to make the change.

The best way to make it happen NOW, is to shut all other doors so that the only door that can be opened is the one you want him to walk through – the one at the end of the hall.

wwaspdiaries.com...

These schools need more press. Australia exposed a Scientology version within its' borders...

new topics

top topics

join