It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for online Raw Honey Supplier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I have decided to try and get a hold of some raw honey. I have heard from many sources that its wonderful for your health.

The site I'm thinking of buying from is here raw honey

Does anyone have any trusted suppliers. Do you think Carlisle honey is legit?

edit on 11-4-2012 by ugahm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ugahm

I have no idea if they really are legit but they look it. The website is not as slick as the large firms and they have a history posted which seems about right. The fact they sell beeswax products also seems to lend credence to it all. I'd give them a try.

ETA Both links you posted looked okay. This second site looks to be more developed but in the world of bees that doesn't have to mean much.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I dont know where you live, but just about everyone I have ever lived has local beekeepers. Seek them out in your area, either with an online search or by talking to local farmers, etc.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Yea i didn't mean to put up that first link. I'm ordering 2lb of Carlisle's Raw Summer Wild Flower Honey.

Hope it does me well.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
I dont know where you live, but just about everyone I have ever lived has local beekeepers. Seek them out in your area, either with an online search or by talking to local farmers, etc

IMO, good advice...

If you eat the local honey, you are more likely to experience greater benefits to your immune system, whether you have allergies, etc. because the honey has adapted to your area, and knows your needs based on the flowers, bees, and pollination...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ugahm

As others have mentioned already supportling your local small-time bee-keepers is important and healthier for you due to aforementioned biological tuning, this firm looks to be like a large supplier supplied by smaller time keepers so should still be plenty healthy too.
Good luck and enjoy! Nature's sweetness made by cute and weird beasties.

The colour of the honey on your second link is wonderful. Full and textured.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
you should make yourself the source ! could come in handy when doomsday comes

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ugahm

I endorse the idea of seeking out your local bee keepers.

Either that, or, you can order bees online and have them shipped to your house where you, yourself can start supplying yourself with your own honey.

You may, of course want to get all the other paraphenalia associated with bee keeping and do some research into how to go about it before becoming a bee keeper yourself though.

Doing it yourself, of course, gives you peace of mind that you are indeed getting the real deal.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The good stuff is Y&S Organics honey found in health food stores or they have local honey which would be raw from a honey maker,,normally it would say raw on it, otherwise you need to find that old man in the country who makes his own, try to get it as close as you can to where you live..Supposedly it will have the same pollen and help ya fight allergies to local allergens,,supposedly...The Y&S is really good,,raw manuka honey is good too but expensive.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Since two of the biggest honey packers in the United States admitted buying millions of dollars worth of Chinese honey that was falsely labeled www.justice.gov... I would recommend that health conscious consumers buy honey directly from honey producers.

If you are planning to buy honey for its health-benefits, it must be raw honey. Heating honey (pasteurization) destroys the all of the pollen, enzymes, propolis, vitamins, amino acids, antioxidants, minerals, and aromatics. Honey that has been heated and filtered is called commercial, regular or liquid honey. The rawest honey available is comb honey which is sections of the hexagonal-shaped beeswax cells of the honeycomb that contain raw honey that have been cut from the wooden frames of a beehive.

Dark colored honey is considered to be higher in minerals and antioxidants than light colored honey and one of the most well known dark colored honeys is buckwheat honey. Raw buckwheat honey contains a higher amount of minerals and an antioxidant called polyphenol, which gives it its dark color. The health benefits of buckwheat honey are many and well known.

Try the Mohawk Valley Trading Company for high quality raw honey
www.tenonanatche.com...

They also have raw buckwheat honey www.tenonanatche.com...

new topics

top topics

join